In an event on Friday, the much-awaited smartphones, the Huawei Nova 3 and Huawei Nova 3i have been launched in Nepal. The Kirin 970 powered Nova 3 is sure to lure a lot of buyers, with it’s AI capabilities, new GPU Turbo technology, and a really nice set of cameras. Other features include a huge battery, good storage options, some really nice eye candy color variants, and IR face unlock feature.
The Nova 3 sports a 6.3-inch display, with an unusual 19.5:9 aspect ratio. It’s an FHD+ resolution with 3D double curved glass on both sides. There is also a notch on top, which for some reason people can’t get enough of. The overall quality of the display should also be pretty good, judging by the one on the Nova 3e.
The Kirin 970 SoC comes from Huawei’s in-house HiSilicon factory, the same processor used on their flagship Huawei P20 Pro. The Mali G72 MP12 takes care on the GPU front aided by the GPU Turbo technology. You also get 6GB of RAM and 128GB internal storage option, with SD card support that uses the second SIM slot.
We remain optimistic about the Nova 3’s four-camera setup but will deliver our judgment once we actually get to test it. For now, let’s just say it has a lot of potentials. The Nova 3 comes with two cameras on the back, 24 MP f/1.8+ 16 MP f/1.8. It is also capable of 4k video recording up to 30fps and [email protected] The front also gets a dual camera treatment with 24+2 MP setup. The 2MP here has been employed for better depth detection.
The fingerprint sensor is mounted at the rear alongside the dual cameras. Other sensors include an accelerometer, proximity, Gyro, and compass. It also has a really huge 3750mAH battery, no complaints here. Finally, it runs on Android Oreo 8.1 with EMUI 8.2 on top.
Huawei Nova 3 Specifications:
- Display: 6.3 inches FHD+ display with 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- OS: Android Oreo 8.1 with EMUI 8.2 on top
- Chipset: Huawei Kirin 970
- CPU: 4×2.4GHz Cortex A73 +4×1.8GHz Cortex A53
- GPU: Mali G72 MP12
- RAM: 6 GB
- ROM: 64/128 GB up to 256 GB (uses SIM 2 slot)
- Selfie camera: 24+2 MP (depth sensor)
- Rear camera: 24 MP f/1.8+ 16 MP f/1.8 camera with Gyro EIS, HDR, panorama, face detection, geo-tagging, touch focus etc
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]/60fps
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear), Accelerometer, Proximity, Gyro, proximity, compass
- SIM: Dual SIM (4G + 4G)
- Colors: Black, Red, Iris Purple
- Battery: Li-Po 3750 mAh battery
- Latest Price: Rs. 59,900 [Last updated on: December 6, 2018]
Huawei Nova 3 price and availability
The Huawei Nova 3 has been launched in Nepal on Friday, i.e. 27th July 2018 for a price of Rs. 59,900. However, the smartphone is not available for purchase now. People wanting to get the Nova 3 can pre-book the device from Daraz.com.np, Huawei authorized showrooms, and mobile retails outlets. The prebooking color options being, Black, and Iris Purple. Prebooking starts from 28th July- 12th August 2018. It will be made available from the 15th of August, 2018.
To make it interesting, Huawei is giving a free Photo printer to the people pre-booking the Nova 3. Well, the offer is there for a limited time so make sure you grab it!