At Huawei’s event held on September 14 in Barcelona, they finally revealed the awaited Huawei Watch GT 4, following up on 2021’s Watch GT 3. This latest smartwatch is packed with upgrades, including improved performance, longer battery life, a better display, and more. In this article, let’s check what are changes brought to the Huawei Watch GT 4, on the basis of its features, specifications, availability, and expected price in Nepal.
Huawei Watch GT 4 Roundup:
Design and Display
First of all, there are two options available for the Huawei Watch GT4: the 41mm Pendant design and the 46mm Octagonal design. The 46mm model features a 1.43″ AMOLED color screen with 466 x 466 pixels and a PPI of 326. It weighs approximately 48g without the strap. On the other hand, the 41mm variant offers a slightly smaller 1.32″ AMOLED color screen with the same 466×466 pixel resolution but a higher PPI of 352. This model weighs approximately 37g.
Both models come with an improved Always-On Display mode, which can now display up to 20% more visible elements than before. Moreover, they come with 5ATM meaning that they are designed to withstand water pressure when submerged up to 50 meters (164 feet) deep.
The choice between the 41mm and 46mm models primarily depends on your preferences for battery life. Speaking of battery life, the larger 46mm model boasts a runtime of up to 14 days, even with maximum usage. In contrast, the smaller 41mm variant offers a still respectable 7-day battery life under similar usage conditions. It’s worth noting that both models provide a 20% improvement in battery life compared to their respective GT3 predecessors.
For everyday use, the 46mm model can keep going for a solid 8 days on a single charge, while the 41mm variant offers a slightly shorter 4-day battery life.
The Huawei Watch GT4 introduces TruSeen 5.5+ technology, featuring a new collection of sensors and algorithms for more precise health tracking.
Within TruSeen 5.5+, there’s the new TruSleep 3.0 technology. This includes sleep monitoring and sleep breathing awareness, which continuously monitors heart rate and SpO2 levels while sleeping.
Another addition is Menstrual Cycle Management 3.0. Huawei claims that this feature is 15% more accurate in predicting the first day of your period compared to flagship smartwatches. It supposedly goes far; the device tracks heart rate during sleep, sleep temperature, and other physiological factors, to predict menstrual cycles and record symptoms in real-time.
- You may also read:
- Huawei FreeBuds Pro 3 is here with ANC 3.0 and LDAC support
- Huawei Watch 4 Pro is here with an LTPO AMOLED display, eSIM support
- Huawei launches a new pair of smart glasses — the Huawei Eyewear 2
- Huawei Watch Ultimate goes official with 100 Meters Pro diving functionality
When it comes to outdoor workouts, the watch’s dual-band 5-system GNSS provides 30% more accurate positioning, even when surrounded by skyscrapers. Additionally, it can track a wide variety of sports (100+), including activities like Padel and even e-sports.
The Stay Fit feature helps track caloric intake with real-time health data, and Activity Rings gives you a quick view of calories burned, exercise duration, and standing time throughout the day.
The Huawei Watch GT4 is compatible with both Android (8.0 or later) and iOS (13.0 or later) smartphones. Additionally, these watches support Bluetooth calling, utilizing Bluetooth 5.2.
The watch can integrate with apps like Strava, Komoot, Runtastic, and Huawei’s Petal Maps. Also, it can display messages from SMS, WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook Messenger, Skype, Signal, Telegram, and Viber, and allows for quick replies from the watch itself.
Huawei Watch GT 4 Specification
- 46mm variant: 46 mm × 46 mm × 10.9 mm, 48 g (strap excluded)
- 41mm variant: 41.3 mm × 41.3 mm × 9.8 mm, 37 g (strap excluded)
- Case Material: Stainless steel
- 46mm model: Black Fluoroelastomer, Grey Stainless Steel, Green Composite, Brown Leather
- 41mm model: Black Fluoroelastomer, Light Gold Milanese, Silver Stainless Steel, White Leather
- 46mm variant: 1.43 inches AMOLED color screen, 466 × 466 pixels, PPI 326
- 41mm variant: 1.32 inches AMOLED color screen, 466 × 466 pixels, PPI 352
- Water Resistance Level: 5ATM
- 46mm model: 14 days on maximum usage
- 41mm model: 7 days on maximum usage
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Magnetometer, Optical heart rate, Barometer, Temperature
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.2, NFC
- OS: HarmonyOS
- Health Tracking: Sleep monitoring, Menstrual cycle prediction, Heart rate calculation during sleep, Temperature, Calories burned, Exercise duration, and Standing time
- Sports mode: 100+
- Compatible with: Android 8.0, iOS 13.0 or later
Huawei Watch GT 4 Price in Nepal and Availability
The pre-orders of the watch started from September 14 while the distribution supposedly starts from October 9th. The starting price for the 46mm model with a black rubber strap and the 41mm model with a White Leather strap is EUR 250. So, we can expect the Huawei Watch GT 4 price in Nepal to be approximately NPR 39,999 when it launches here.
|Huawei Watch GT 4||Price in Europe (Starts from)||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|46mm with black rubber strap / 41mm with White Leather strap||EUR 250||NPR 39,999|
- Meanwhile, check out our review of the Huawei Watch GT 3.