After a bucket full of rumors, iQOO has officially launched the iQOO 8 Pro in China. The device comes with a significant upgrade over the previous-gen iQOO 7 series. So, let’s get into the specs, features, availability, and expected price of the iQOO 8 Pro in Nepal.
iQOO 8 Pro Overview:
Design and Display
iQOO 8 Pro flaunts a 6.78-inch 120Hz LTPO panel with 10-bit color, HDR10+, and Dolby Vision. The smartphone is the first to use Samsung’s new E5 AMOLED screen.
This panel boasts 3200 x 1440 pixels resolution and has A+ certification from DisplayMate. The edge is curved and you get a punch-hole cutout at the center. Likewise, the device boasts an independent display chip that converts SDR content to HDR.
iQOO 8 Pro comes in two colors — White and Black. The former is the Legendary Edition with a BMW branding while the latter is the Track version with a carbon-fiber finish.
- Also Read:
Under the hood, the handset packs the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 888+ processor. The major difference between the standard Snapdragon 888 and the Plus variant is that the clock speed of the Cortex-X1 running in the latter is 2.995GHz, while the same CPU core in the Snapdragon 888 operates at 2.84GHz.
Furthermore, iQOO has equipped the phone with VC Liquid Cooling for better heat dissipation. In terms of memory, the iQOO 8 Pro is available with up to 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM and 256GB of UFS 3.1 internal storage. It boots on Android 11-based OriginOS.
Moreover, the device has an L-shaped triple camera setup on the back. There’s a 50MP Sony IMX766V primary sensor with 23mm focal length, a 48MP f/2.2 114° ultrawide angle camera with 6P lens, and a 16MP telephoto camera with OIS. Over on the front, it has a 16MP sensor for selfies.
Rest of the specs
Fueling the handset is a dual-cell 4500mAh battery that supports 120W Ultra-Fast Flash charging and 50W wireless Flash charging. It also sports 10W reverse wireless charging support. This makes it the first iQOO phone with support for wireless charging.
For biometrics, it has an ultrasonic 3D fingerprint scanner. The company claims it can unlock the device in just 0.2 seconds.
iQOO 8 Pro Specifications:
- Body: 165.01 x 75.20 x 9.19mm, 203.9gm (Legend) / 202.5gm (Track)
- Display: 6.78-inch Samsung E5 AMOLED LTPO panel, 10-bit color, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, 120Hz Refresh Rate
- Resolution: 3200 x 1440 pixels, DisplayMate A+ certification
- Memory: Up to 12GB LPDDR5 RAM
- Storage: Up to 512GB UFS 3.1 internal storage
- Thermals: VC Liquid Cooling
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 888+ 5G (5nm)
- Software: Android 11-based OriginOS
- Rear Camera: Triple:
– 50MP f/1.75 Sony IMX766V primary, gimbal-like
– 48MP f/2.2 114° ultrawide with 6P lens
– 16MP telephoto, OIS
- Front Camera: 16MP sensor (punch-hole cutout)
- Biometrics: In-display 3D fingerprint sensor
- Battery: 4,500mAh with 120W wired, 50W wireless, 10W wired charging
- Connectivity: Triple-band Wi-Fi (2.4/5.1/5.8GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, USB Type-C, Beidou / GPS / GLONASS / GALILEO / QZSS, NFC, 5G
iQOO 8 Pro Price in Nepal and Availability
iQOO 8 Pro is available in three memory configurations. The base variant (8+256GB) gets a price tag of CNY 4,999, while the high-end 12+512GB configuration costs CNY 5,999. The transitional model, or the 12+256GB variant costs CNY 5,499. We expect the price of iQOO 8 Pro to start at around NPR 100,000, if and when it launches in Nepal.
|iQOO 8 Pro||Price in China||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|8+256GB||CNY 4,999||NPR 100,000|
|12+256GB||CNY 5,499||NPR 110,000|
|12+512GB||CNY 5,999||NPR 120,000|
- Meanwhile, check out our review of the Vivo iQOO 7.