Nepa Hima Tradelink Pvt. Ltd, the authorized distributor of Sony phones in Nepal has announced a massive price drop on two of their leading models, the Xperia XZ Dual and the Xperia XA Dual. The Xperia XZ is the most expensive phone from Sony in Nepal right now and it just got way more affordable. The XA Dual, on the other hand, is a midrange phone launched around half a year back and for what it offered, we thought the price was ridiculous but with the price drop, it is now justifiable.
Xperia XZ which was earlier priced at Rs.75,000 is now priced at Rs.59,500 and the Xperia XA which was launched at Rs.34,499 is now priced at Rs.19,000.
Sony Xperia XZ:
Sony Xperia XZ is the latest flagship phone from Sony in Nepal. The phone is aesthetically beautiful with Sony’s industrial design and is one of the most premium android phones you can buy in Nepal today. The phone comes with a 5.2inch Full HD display with pixel density of 424. Sony’s display never fails to astonish the users with its tri-luminous display powered by the x-reality engine which makes pictures look sharper, reduces noise, improves contrast, and fine tunes saturation.
Xperia XZ is powered by last year’s Snapdragon 820 chipset which has quad core CPU where two energy efficient cores are clocked at 1.6Ghz and rest two powerful cores are clocked at 2.1GHz. That power coupled with 3GB of RAM, this phone flies over anything you throw at it. Considering its new price, the phone is a bit pricier than the OnePlus 3T and the 3T seems to provide better specs like the new SD 821 Chipset, insane 6GB of RAM, dash charging, regular android updates and more. But it doesn’t mean the pricier Xperia XZ is any bad for any of that matter, you get an exceptional build quality, a well-rounded Sony apps environment, and most importantly water resistance. The phone does feature the latest gen quick charge (3.0) and comes with a modest 2900mAh battery.
With this price drop, it makes this phone, one of the best alternatives to the flagships like the S7, S7 Edge, Huawei P9 and many others.
Sony Xperia XZ Specifications:
- IPS LCD 5.2 inches Full-HD Triluminous (1080×1920 pixels) Display
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow (upgradable to 7.0 Nougat with December’s security patch)
- 64GB ROM with microSD card (up to 256 GB)
- 3GB RAM
- 23 MP, f/2.0, 24mm, Phase Detection and Laser Autofocus Rear Facing Camera
- 13MP Front Facing Camera
- Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 Chipset
- Quad-core (2×2.15 GHz Kryo & 2×1.6 GHz Kryo)
- Adreno 530 GPU
- Active noise cancellation with a dedicated mic; 24-bit/192kHz Hi-Res audio
- IP68 certified – dust proof and water resistant over 1.5 meter and 30 minutes
- USB Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Fast charging with Quick Charge 3.0
- Non-removable Li-Ion 2900 mAh battery
Sony Xperia XA:
Sony phones are well made and often the midtier devices are also of utmost quality like their flagship phones. The same thing applies here with the Xperia XA, although a midrange phone, it comes with a solid premium build and minimal design. The phone is nothing special when you look at the specs sheet with its 5-inch 720p display, decent Helio P10 Chipset, 2GB RAM, and a minute 2300mAh battery but the phone was launched with a massive price tag of Rs.35,000 which sounded completely ridiculous. Then the price was cut to Rs.22,000 and now it’s up for just Rs.19,000 which seems more reasonable.
But of course, you are not just paying for the specs and what’s under the hood, Sony phones are made premium and the Sony App ecosystem is something you’ll get hooked to and will enjoy using.
Sony Xperia XA Specifications:
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) curved glass edge-to-edge display
- Octa-core MediaTek Helio P10 processor with Mali T860MP2 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 200GB via microSD card
- Android Marshmallow 6.0
- Dual SIM (nano+nano)
- 13MP Primary Camera with 1/3” IMX258 Exmor RS sensor, 1080p video recording.
- 8MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX219 Exmor R sensor, 88-degree wide-angle lens
- Dimensions: 143.6 x 66.8 x 7.9mm; Weight: 137.4g
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n , Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, NFC
- 2300 mAh battery with Qnovo’s Adaptive Charging technology