Xiaomi had launched its Mi 10 series just last month. The series included three devices, namely- Mi 10, Mi 10 Pro, and Mi 10 Lite. And today, with the launch of Mi 10 Youth Edition, Xiaomi has expanded the Mi 10 series. Before its launch, speculation was that the Mi 10 Youth Edition will just be a rebranded Mi 10 Lite that is available in Europe. However, there are some differences between this device and the Lite version. Let’s know more about the Xiaomi Mi Youth Edition along with its specs, price, and availability in Nepal.
Xiaomi Mi 10 Youth Edition 5G Overview
The device has a 6.57-inch AMOLED display with FHD+ resolution. The refresh rate is akin to that of the Mi 10 Lite. That means it too has a 60Hz display. It certainly would have been great had they upped it to 90Hz, but nevertheless, it’s still decent. However, they have a sort of compensated for it by offering a 180Hz touch sampling rate. Moreover, the screen does not have a punch-hole cutout. Rather, it has the more common waterdrop notch. The notch houses a 16MP selfie shooter.
Also Read: Xiaomi Mobile Price in Nepal [Updated]
Cameras are the strongest feature of the Mi 10 Youth Edition. The device sports a quad-camera array with a 48MP primary sensor. It is further complemented by an 8MP ultra-wide lens a 2MP macro lens. And an 8MP periscope telephoto lens. This periscope module comes with OIS, 5X optical zoom, 10X hybrid zoom, and 50X digital zoom capabilities.
This device will probably be one of the most affordable 5G smartphones. And to serve its purpose, it uses the Snapdragon 765G under the hood. As for the RAM option, one can choose between either 6GB or 8GB LPDD4X RAM. The storage options are 64GB, 128GB, and 256GB. Furthermore, the device is powered by a huge 4160mAh battery with Quick Charge 4+ and UDB PD 3.1. Now, we’d hoped that the device will be the first one to launch with the new MIUI 12. Sadly, that isn’t the case as it still uses the MIUI 11 skin. However, users will be able to upgrade it to MIUI 12.
- Display: 6.57-inches AMOLED panel; 60Hz refresh rate; FHD+ (1080 x 2400 pixels) resolution; HDR10+
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G; 7nm Mobile Platform
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.4 GHz Kryo 475 Prime & 1×2.2 GHz Kryo 475 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 475 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 620
- Software: Android 10 with MIUI 11 on top
- RAM: 6GB, 8GB
- Storage: 64GB, 128GB, 256GB (UFS 2.1)
- Rear Camera: 48MP primary lens with f/1.8 aperture + 8MP ultra-wide lens with f/3.4 aperture + 8MP telephoto (periscope) module with OIS, 5X optical zoom, 10X hybrid zoom, 50X digital zoom, and f/2.2 aperture + 2MP macro lens with f/2.4 aperture
- Front Camera: 16MP
- Security: Fingerprint sensor(Under-display, optical)
- Battery: 4,160mAh; 22.5W Fast charging, USB PD 3.0, Quick Charge 4+
- Colors: Black Skill Storm, Blueberry Mint, Four Seasons Spring Milk Green, Peach Grapefruit, White Peach Oolong
Xiaomi Mi 10 Youth Edition Price and Availability
The price of the Xiaomi Mi 10 Youth Edition starts at CNY 2,099, which is approximately Rs. 36,000 in Nepal. The device is already available for pre-booking and will go be available in stores on April 30 in China. Hence, the expected price of Xiaomi Mi 10 Youth Edition in Nepal for the base 6/64GB is around Rs. 36,000.
|Xiaomi Model Variant||Price in China||Price in Nepal [converted]|
|Mi 10 Youth Edition (6/64GB)||CNY 2,099||Rs. 36,000|
|Mi 10 Youth Edition (6/128GB)||CNY 2,299||Rs. 40,000|
|Mi 10 Youth Edition (8/128GB)||CNY 2,499||Rs. 43,000|
|Mi 10 Youth Edition (12/256GB)||CNY 2,799||Rs. 48,000|