Most 5G phones tend to be expensive. However, that is all set to change now. Because Motorola has launched the new Moto G 5G Plus smartphone. And it is being dubbed as the cheapest 5G smartphone to be available in the European market. Being a new addition to the mid-range G-series, the G 5G Plus offers decent specs. Furthermore, as mentioned above, the price factor is what this differentiates this device from other 5G phones. So, let’s find out what this device offers in terms of specifications.
Moto G 5G Plus Overview
Display and Design
The Moto G 5G Plus boasts a huge 6.7-inch FHD+ display with a 90Hz refresh rate and HDR10. Its screen also has two punch holes for the dual selfie cameras. It does not have either an in-display fingerprint sensor or a rear-mounted on. Rather, the power button on the right-hand side itself works as a fingerprint sensor. We had seen the same technology in the handful of phones like Redmi Note 9 Pro and Realme 6.
Surprisingly, there’s a dedicated Google Assistant button on the left-hand side. We really don’t see this on many phones now. But maybe it can come handy in some situations. The quad-camera on the back is arranged in a square box on the back.
There are a total of six cameras in the Moto G 5G Plus. The two selfie cameras are of 16MP and 8MP respectively. And they are housed inside the punch-hole upfront. The 8MP sensor is an ultra-wide sensor and can be used for group selfies.
On the back, there’s a quad-camera setup. The primary sensor is of 48MP. And it is accompanied by an 8MP ultra-wide lens, a 5MP macro lens, and a 2MP depth sensor. The back camera has some great features such as 8X digital zoom and Smart Composition.
Under the hood, this device uses the Snapdragon 765 SoC. Considering the price range, this is a very good chipset. The processor is integrated with the X52 5G modem. And it provides the device its 5G capabilities. As for the RAM options, buyers can choose between either 4GB or 6GB variants. The Moto G 5G Plus runs on Android 10 out of the box. And the battery on this one is a huge 5000mAh one, which is complemented by a 20W fast charging.
Moto G 5G Plus Specifications (in a nutshell)
- Dimensions: 168 x 74 x 9mmmm
- Weight: 207g
- Display: 6.7-inch Full HD+ LCD 21:9 aspect ratio HDR10 display with 90Hz refresh rate, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Chipset: Snapdragon 765
- CPU: Octa-Core (1×2.4 GHz Kryo 475 Prime & 1×2.2 GHz Kryo 475 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 475 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 620
- RAM: 4/6GB LPPDDR4x
- Storage: 64/128GB UFS 2.1, expandable memory up to 1TB (dedicated)
- OS: Android 10
- Back Camera: 48MP primary lens, 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens, 5MP macro camera, 2MP depth sensor
- Front Camera: 16MP primary lens, 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens
- Security: fingerprint sensor (Side-mounted)
- Connectivity: 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1+L5), GLONASS, Galileo, NFC, USB Type-C
- Battery: 5000mAh; 20W TurboPower fast charging
Moto G 5G Plus Price & Availability
The 4GB/64GB variant of the Moto G 5G Plus will be available for €349 and the 6GB/128GB variant will cost €399. It will go on sale in Europe from the 8th of July. And it will eventually be available in Saudi Arabia and UAE too. However, nothing much has been said about its availability elsewhere, including Nepal.
|Model Name||Price in Nepal [Expected]|
|Moto G 5G Plus (4/64GB)||€349 ~ NPR. 50,000|
|Moto G 5G Plus (6/128GB)||€399 ~ NPR. 58,000|