Nokia continues to expand its lineup of midrange smartphones with the new Nokia G42 5G. This new device comes features a Snapdragon 480+ 5G chip, a triple camera setup, and it’s also the first 5G phone from the company with a user-repairable design. Without further ado, let’s get into the specs, features, and expected price of the Nokia G42 5G in Nepal.
Nokia G42 5G Overview:
User-repairable design and display
Nokia G42 5G has a frame with 8.55mm thickness, but the back panel does have a curved finish for a comfortable grip. The phone follows Nokia’s eco-friendly measures and is made up of 65% recycled back cover. You get an IP52 rating here against dust and minor water splashes too.
One of the key USPs of the Nokia G42 5G is the user-repairable design. HMD has partnered with iFixit for providing repair guides and OEM parts for this phone. This allows the user to repair the display, battery, and charging port of the phone.
Getting to the display, the phone sports a 6.56-inch HD+ display with an HD+ resolution of 1600 x 720 pixels, a 90Hz refresh rate, and Gorilla Glass 3 protection.
In the camera department, the Nokia G42 5G packs a triple-camera setup. It includes a 50MP primary, a 2MP macro, and a 2MP depth sensor. For selfies and video calls, there’s an 8MP front camera on the U-shaped notch.
Powering this phone is a Snapdragon 480+ processor. This 5G-ready chip is based on an 8nm node and features two Kryo 460 Gold (Cortex-A76) cores at 2.2 GHz and six Kryo 460 Silver (Cortex-A55) cores at 1.8 GHz. Handling the graphics here is the Adreno 619 GPU. As for the memory and storage, the CPU is paired with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage.
You can expand the storage up to 1TB via the microSD card slot as well. On the software side, the G42 5G boots on Android 13. Nokia also promises 2 years of OS updates and 3 years of monthly security updates for this phone.
- Also Read:
- Nokia XR21 goes official with a rugged body and 5G connectivity
- Nokia unveils “Pure UI” design style with a clean and minimalistic look
- Redmi Note 12R launched as the first phone with Snapdragon 4 Gen 2
- Asus Zenfone 10 launched with Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 and a compact design
Battery and Others
The smartphone gets its fuel from a 5,000mAh battery with 20W fast charging support. But there’s a catch since Nokia is selling the charger separately. In terms of connectivity features, you get 5G, WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, and a USB Type-C port. Furthermore, the phone has a side-mounted fingerprint sensor embedded in the power key.
Nokia G42 5G Specifications:
- Display: 6.56-inches HD+ IPS LCD panel, 90Hz refresh rate, 560 nits (peak brightness), Gorilla Glass 3
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 480+ 5G (8nm mobile platform)
- Memory: 6GB RAM, 128GB storage (expandable up to 1TB)
- Software & UI: Android 13
- (with 2 years of OS, 3 years of security updates guaranteed)
- Rear Camera: Triple (50MP main, 2MP macro, 2MP depth)
- Front Camera: 8MP sensor (teardrop notch)
- Audio: Single speaker, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Security: Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Face unlock
- Battery: 5000mAh with 20W charging (Not included in the box)
Nokia G42 5G Price in Nepal and Availability
In the UK, the price of the Nokia G42 5G is GBP 199 for the sole 6/128GB version. We expect the Nokia G42 5G price in Nepal to be NPR 31,999 if and when it launches here.
|Nokia G42 5G||Price in the UK||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|6/128GB||GBP 199||NPR 31,999|