Following the promising launch of the Oppo F19 Pro and F19 Pro+, Oppo is now serving new devices in the A-series. Oppo A74 5G has been silently listed online on two shopping websites – Shopee and Lazada in Thailand. In this article, we’ll discover more about the Oppo A74 5G including its specifications and expected price in Nepal.
Oppo A74 5G Overview:
The smartphone will be available in 4G and 5G variants. Here, the 4G version has a Snapdragon 662 chipset, 6GB of RAM, and a triple rear camera configuration. The 4G variant of the device has been listed on the official Oppo Combodia website. These are Oppo’s entry-level models, but like always, their costs can be leveled with mid-range product lines.
Design and Display
Moving on, Oppo A74 5G comes with a 90Hz refresh rate on a 6.5-inches FHD LCD screen. As rumored, the listing also reveals the panel holding a touch sampling rate of 180Hz. While the 4G version has a 60Hz AMOLED screen, it is a step-down for a similar handset with 5G capability. In addition, the screen has 100% coverage of the DCI-P3 color gamut.
It has a flat screen that stretches around the front, while the back has a gentle curve arc, forming a premium look of the device.
- Also Read:
Under the hood, Oppo A74 5G packs a Qualcomm Snapdragon 480 chipset and is coupled with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage. The storage can be expanded to 256GB via a Micro SD card. The chipset was announced earlier this year and is based on an 8nm process. With Snapdragon 480, Qualcomm first introduced 5G capabilities in a 400-series chipset.
Getting to the camera, the phone holds a quad-camera set up in a rectangular cutout. There’s a 48MP primary, an 8MP ultrawide, and two 2MP auxiliary sensors at the back.
Also, there is a built-in flash at the bottom of the rectangular camera cutout. On the front, it houses a 16MP selfie camera inside a punch-hole cutout on the top-left corner. There are regular features like HDR mode, Autofocus, Continuous Shooting, Auto Flash, Touch to focus, etc., in the camera department. And, Oppo has included its AI scene enhancement 2.0 and AI beautification mode to capture better subject details.
Rest of the specs
Oppo A74 5G packs a big 5000mAh battery capacity and runs on ColorOS 11.1 based on Android 11. It supports 18W flash charging via the Type-C port. It utilizes Wi-Fi and Bluetooth v5.1 as a connectivity option. Just like the recently announced Oppo F19, it also retains a 3.5mm headphone jack. The Super Night-Standby mode consumes only 2% of the battery as you sleep.
Oppo A74 5G Specifications:
- Body: 162.9×74.7×8.4 mm, 190 gm
- Display: 6.5-inch FHD IPS panel, 90Hz refresh rate, 180Hz touch sampling rate, 100% DCI-P3 Color Gamut
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 480 (8nm)
- Memory: 6/128GB (expandable up to 256 GB via Micro SD card)
- OS: ColorOS 11.1 on Android 11
- Rear Camera: 48MP primary, 8MP ultra-wide-angle, 2MP B&W, 2MP macro
- Selfie Camera: 16MP sensor (punch-hole)
- Audio: 3.5mm headphone jack, loudspeaker
- Security: Fingerprint scanner (side-mounted)
- Connectivity: 5G, Dual SIM (Nano-SIM), WiFi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth v5.1, GPS / A-GPS / Beidou / Glonass, Type-C
- Battery: 5000mAh with 18W flash charge
- Colors: Fluid Black and Space Silver
Oppo A74 5G Price in Nepal & Availability
Oppo A74 5G is now available in Thailand where its price is THB 8,999 (~USD 288) for the only 6/128GB variant. We expect the price of Oppo A74 5G to be around NPR 36,000 if and when it launches here.
|Oppo A74 5G
|Price in Thailand
|Price in Nepal (Expected)
- Meanwhile, check out our unboxing & impressions of Oppo F19 Pro.