After teasing the phone for weeks, Poco has finally launched the C50 today at an event in India. It takes on last year’s C40 as the brand’s latest entry-level phone. Here, we will discuss the specs, features, expected price, and availability of the new Poco C50 in Nepal.
Poco C50 Overview:
Design and Display
Like most of Poco’s launches post its spin-off from Xiaomi, the C50 is not an entirely new product. The phone is hugely based on the Redmi A1/A1+ that you can buy in Nepal. It is not that hard to figure out, given the close resemblance between the C50 and A1 series.
Poco C50 has an all-plastic build with a 9.09mm thickness and a weight of 192 grams. The back of the device, along with the corners, are curved for an ergonomic grip. Moreover, the rear panel has a leather-like texture, adding a bit of premium touch.
Over on the front, Poco has included a big 6.52-inch LCD screen with a waterdrop notch for the selfie camera. It is an HD+ screen with a 120Hz touch-sampling rate.
Performance and Memory
Inside, Poco C50 comes with the Helio A22 chipset, which is almost half a decade old. What is more disappointing is that it is a quad-core CPU with four Cortex-A53 cores clocked at up to 2.0GHz. For context, the JLQ JR510 on the C40 features two quad-core clusters of more capable Cortex-A55 cores — clocked at 1.5GHz and 2.0GHz, respectively.
That aside, Poco C50 ships with up to 3GB of LPDDR4X RAM and 32GB of eMMC 5.1 storage. The latter is expandable up to 512GB by inserting a microSD card.
You might also like:
- Poco X5 5G appears on multiple certification sites; launch imminent
- Poco F5 to bring Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1, 2K AMOLED screen
- Redmi 12C launched with MediaTek Helio G85, 50MP cameras
The squarish camera module with rounded corners is reminiscent of the Mi 11 series. However, the camera hardware is nowhere near the same. On the Poco C50, we get a modest dual-camera setup consisting of an 8MP primary sensor and a depth sensor. Likewise, you get a 5MP selfie camera housed by the notch.
Rest of the specs
Foco C50 comes with a 5,000mAh battery pack and supports 10W charging. Given the entry-level specs, Poco C50 ships with Android 12 Go. You get a physical fingerprint scanner on the back for biometric login.
Poco C50 Specifications:
- Dimensions: 164.9 x 76.45 x 9.09mm; 192 grams
- Display: 6.52-inch LCD panel, HD+ resolution, 120Hz touch sampling rate
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio A22 (12nm)
- Memory: 2/32GB LPDDR4X
- Storage: 32GB eMMC 5.1 (expandable up to 512GB)
- Software & UI: Android 12 Go Edition
- Rear Camera: Dual (with LED flash);
– 8MP f/2.0 primary lens
– Depth sensor
- Front Camera: 5MP (water-drop)
- Battery: 5000mAh with 10W Charging
- Biometric: Rear-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Sensors: Accelerometer
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11/b/g/n (2.4GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, 4G VoLTE
- Color Options: Country Green, Royal Blue
Poco C50 Price in Nepal and Availability (Expected)
The price of the Poco C50 in India is INR 6,499 for the base 2/32GB and INR 7,299 for the 3/32GB variant. However, the price starts at INR 6,249 as part of the first sale on January 10 through Flipkart. We expect the price of Poco C50 to start at NPR 11,999 when it launches in Nepal.
|Poco C50||Price in India (Official)||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|2/32GB||INR 6,499||NPR 11,999|
|3/32GB||INR 7,299||NPR 13,499|
- Meanwhile, check out our review of the Redmi A1 [Nepali Video]