Razer has finally listened to its users; not only has the company brought back the 14-inch Blade machine, but it also packs an AMD chip inside of it. With this, Razer is the latest brand to embrace AMD’s mobile gaming CPUs. Here, we will look at the key specs and features of the Razer Blade 14, along with its expected price in Nepal.
Razer Blade 14 Overview:
While there are tons of thin-and-light gaming laptops, none have been as powerful as the new Razer Blade 14. For starters, this laptop packs the most recent Ryzen 5900HX. Equipped with 8 cores and 16 threads, Ryzen 5900HX can attain a clock speed of up to 4.6GHz Max Boost frequency. The chip is a step up from the HS or the H-branded chips that we often see in laptops of this form factor.
Razer hasn’t skimmed on the graphics either. Here, the company has included the top-of-the-line RTX 3080 to go with the 5900HX chip. There are also variants with RTX 3060 and RTX 3070. As for cooling, Razer has included a dual-fan liquid-vapour chamber. Each fan has a total of 88 fan blades.
Design and Display
The Blade 14 is Razer’s smallest and thinnest gaming laptop in the market today, taking the crown off the Blade 15. The laptop is forged from CNC aluminium, with Razer opting for an anodized finish. The laptop is just 16.8mm thin and weighs around 1.78kg.
As for the display, there are two options. The base variant features a 144Hz FHD panel with 100% sRGB. On the other hand, the higher-end models offer a 165Hz QHD panel with 100% DCI-P3 coverage.
- Also Read:
Keyboard and Camera
The keyboard on the Razer Blade 14 has Razer Chroma’s Per-Key RGB. In addition, the keyboard has an N-Key rollover; thus, the laptop will register all of the simultaneous key presses. The keys have a 1.1m actuation height. Similarly, you have a Precision trackpad. There is an IR HD-webcam at the top bezel with Windows Hello authentication.
Rest of the Specs
Razer Blade 14 features two USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C ports with Power Delivery and Display Port 1.4. In addition, there are two Type-A ports and one HDMI 2.1 port. For a wireless connection, it has Wi-Fi 6E and Bluetooth 5.2.
The built-in stereo speakers come with an array microphone. They are on either side of the keyboard. The laptop also supports 7.1-surround sound using the HDMI port.
Fueling the laptop is a 61.6WHr lithium-ion polymer battery, which Razer rates for up to 12 hours of backup. There is a 230W power adapter included in the box. In addition, the laptop supports any 20W PD 3.0 USB-C charger.
Razer Blade 14 Specifications:
- Design and Build: Anodized CNC Aluminum unibody
- Color: Black with backlit green Razer logo
- 14-inch FHD 144Hz, 1920 x 1080
- 14-inch QHD 165Hz, 2560 x 1440
- Display Features: 144/165Hz, AMD FreeSync
- Keyboard: 1.1 actuation height, N-Key Rollover, Per-RGB RGB
- Processor: Ryzen 9 5900HX (8 cores / 16 threads, 3.3GHz Base, 4.6GHz Max Boost)
- Graphics: Up to GeForce RTX 3080
- RAM: 16GB (dual-channel, fixed)
- Storage: 1TB SSD (M.2 NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4 slot)
- Audio: Stereo speakers, THX Spatial Audio
- Connectivity: W-Fi 6E (802.11ax), Bluetooth 5.1
- Ports: 2 x USB C 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C (Power Delivery, Display Port 1.4), 2x USB-A 3.2 Gen 2, 1x HDMI 2.1 output
- Battery: 61.6 Watt-hours
- Adapter: 230 Watts, supports 20W PD 3.0 USB C charger
- Security: Windows Hello, TPM 2.0, Kensington Security Slot
Razer Blade 14 Price in Nepal [Expected]
The price of the Razer Blade 14 starts at €1,999.99 for the base variant (144Hz, RTX 3060). On the other end, the top-of-the-line Razer Blade 14 costs €2,999.99. Every configuration comes with 16GB of RAM (soldered) and 1TB of NVMe SSD storage. If it launches here, we expect the price of Razer Blade 14 to start at NPR 325,000.
|Razer Blade 14 Gaming Laptop||Price in Europe||Price in Nepal [Expected]|
|144 FHD, RTX 3060, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD||€1,999.99||NPR 325,000|
|165Hz QHD, RTX 3070, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD||€2,399.99||NPR 390,000|
|165Hz QHD, RTX 3080, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD||€2,999.99||NPR 485,000|
- Meanwhile, check out our review of the Razer Blade Stealth 13.