Last year’s Realme X2 Pro was considered by many as a “flagship killer” because of its specs and pricing. This year, Realme upgraded the X lineup of smartphones with the Realme X3 and Realme X3 SuperZoom. These two devices have finally made their way to the Indian Sub-continent. In this post, we will be talking about the vanilla Realme X3 in detail, including its specs, features, expected price, and availability in Nepal.
Realme X3 Overview
Design and Display
Realme X3 sports a 6.6-inch FHD+ display with an aspect ratio of 20:9. On the top left corner of the screen, there is a pill-shaped cot-out, that houses the dual-selfie camera setup. The bezels on the bottom of the screen are more prominent than on the other three sides. The display refresh rate of up to 120Hz. Similarly, it boasts 480 nits peak brightness. The panel is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
The device comes in two color options – Glacier Blue and Arctic White. The four cameras are arranged vertically inside the pill-shaped camera module.
Performance and Memory
While most of the smartphone brands have gone with 5G enabled Snapdragon 865 and 765G, Realme has opted to stick with last year’s Snapdragon 855+. The choice makes sense considering how the introduction of SD 865 has caused the hiked the price of flagship device in 2020. In markets like India and Nepal, 5G isn’t the most demanded feature and it can be skipped to keep the cost down.
Realme X3 is available in two RAM configurations – 6GB and 8GB. Both of them are based on LPDDR4X technology and are paired with 128GB of UFS 3.0 storage. The internal storage supports Turbo Write and Host Performance Booster technology for better performance.
Realme X3 flaunts a 64MP quad-camera setup on the back. The primary camera uses Samsung’s GW1 sensor. There is a 12MP telephoto lens that supports 2X optical zoom. Similarly, there is an 8MP ultra-wide-angle camera and a 2MP camera for macro photography.
On the front, there is an 8MP ultra-wide sensor accompanying the 16MP primary selfie camera.
Battery and Others
Realme X3 gets its juice from a 4200mAh battery. It supports 30W Dart fast charging technology. For security, Realme has mounted a capacitive fingerprint sensor on the side of the device.
Realme X3 Specifications:
- Dimension: 163.8 x 75.8 x 8.9mm; 202g
- Display: 6.67-inch dual punch-hole IPS display; 120Hz refresh rate
- Resolution: FHD+ (1080 x 2400 pixels)
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+; 7nm Mobile Platform
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.96 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.78 GHz Kryo 485)
- GPU: Adreno 640
- Memory: 12GB RAM/256GB Storage
- Software & UI: Android 10 with Realme UI on top
- Rear Camera: Quad;
– 64MP f/1.8 primary camera
– 8MP f/2.3 ultra-wide camera, 119-degree FOV
– 12MP f/3.4 telephoto (2x optical)
– 2MP f/2.4 macro sensor
- Front Camera: Dual;
– 16MP Primary camera
– 8MP Ultra-wide camera
- Audio: 1216 Super Linear Speaker, Dolby Atmos, Hi-Res Audio
- Sensor: Magnetic Induction, Light sensor, Proximity, Gyro-meter, Acceleration sensor
- OS: Android 10 with Realme UI on top
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, dual-band A-GPS, Bluetooth 5.0
- Battery: 4,200 mAh battery with 30Watt Fast Charging
- Colors: Glacier Blue, Arctic White
Realme X3 Price and Availability
Realme X3 is now available for pre-order in India, where its price is INR 24,999 for the 6/128GB variant and INR 25,999 for the 8/128GB variant. We expect the price of Realme X3 in Nepal to be around NPR 44,000 for the 6/128GB variant and NPR 47,000 for the 8/128GB variant.
|Smartphone Model||Expected Price Nepal|
|Realme X3 (6/128GB)||Rs. 44,000|
|Realme X3 (8/128GB)||Rs. 47,000|
Check out our review of Realme 6 here: