Right now, there’s nothing that can overshadow the hype of 5G technology. In such a scenario, smartphone companies have started a trend to incorporate it into their products. Samsung, Huawei, Xiaomi, ZTE, among others have promised new 5G capable smartphones in 2020. And now there is a new brand joining the trend – Realme. After numerous leaks and teasers, the Chinese smartphone brand has finally launched its first 5G smartphone — the Realme X50 5G.
Realme X50 5G Specs Overview
The Realme X50 is powered by Qualcomm’s new Snapdragon 765G processor which comes with Snapdragon X52 5G modem. The chipset is featured in Xiaomi’s Redmi K30 and OPPO Reno3 Pro. Talking about the Snapdragon 765G, it is a 5G-ready chip just like the Snapdragon 765 but with further enhancement to improve the gaming experience. It comes with 10-bit HDR gaming support and high display refresh rates. Qualcomm also claims boosted clock speed of up to 2.4GHz on the chipset.
with the Snapdragon 765G, you won’t have to worry much about network compatibility, as it can support both SA (Standalone) and NSA (Non-Standalone) 5G standards, along with the mm-wave. There will also be a feature to allow you to connect to a 5G network and Wi-Fi simultaneously for better stability.
The display in the Realme X50 is a 6.57-inch 1080P IPS LCD panel with a smooth 120Hz panel. Weirdly, it lacks the Super AMOLED panel, considering all of Realme’s X-series had one. The display features a pill-shaped hole to accommodate the dual selfie camera of 16MP regular and an 8MP ultra-wide.
On the back, there’s a quad-camera setup that comprises of 64MP Samsung GW1 sensor, 12MP telephoto, 8MP wide-angle, and a 2MP macro. Battery-wise, you get a 4200mAh battery with enhanced VOOC 4.0 30W fast charging technology. The Realme X50 5G will ship with two color options: Polar White and Glacier Blue.
In terms of software, it runs on Android 10 with Realme’s custom UI. It’s the first Realme phone with its own Realme UI, after ditching the Oppo’s Color OS.
Realme X50 Specifications:
- OS: Android 10 with realme UI
- Display: 6.57-inch (1080×2400 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 IPS LCD with 120Hz refresh rate
- SoC: Snapdragon 765G
- CPU: Octa-Core (1x 2.4GHz Cortez A76 + 1x 2.2GHz Cortex A76 + 6x 1.8GHz Cortex A55)
- GPU: Adreno 620
- RAM: 6GB / 8GB / 12GB LPDDR4X
- Storage: 128GB / 256GB (UFS 2.1)
- SIM Type: Dual SIM (5G)
- Back Camera:
– 64MP rear camera with Samsung GW1 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, EIS stabilization
– 12MP Telephoto lens with f/2.5 aperture for up to 20x hybrid zoom
– 8MP 119° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.25 aperture
– 2MP 4cm macro lens with f/2.4 aperture, 960fps slow-motion
- Front Camera:
– 16MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX471 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size
– 8MP 105° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture
- Security: Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Face-unlock
- Audio: USB Type-C audio, 1216 Linear Speaker, Dolby Atmos, Hi-Res Audio certification
- Dimensions: 163.8×75.8×8.9mm; Weight: 202g
- Connectivity: 5G SA/ NSA / Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- Battery: 4200mAh with 30W VOOC 4.0 flash wired charge
Realme X50 5G Price and Availability
- Realme X50 5G (8GB + 128GB): 2499 yuan (US$ 359 / Rs. 41,500)
- Realme X50 5G (6GB + 256GB): 2699 yuan (US$ 388 / Rs. 44,800)
- Realme X50 5G (12GB + 256GB): 2999 yuan (US$ 430 / Rs. 49,800)
Realme X50 is already available in China. It is expected to launch in India next month. However, there’s no word on when it’s going to launch in Nepal as we haven’t seen any X-series phones being launched by Realme Nepal to date.
Also, Check out our review of Realme XT here: