Xiaomi Nepal has officially launched the affordable budget-oriented Redmi 8 in the Nepali market. It is now available for purchase across 900+ Mi offline stores. Is this the best smartphone under Rs. 15,000? Let’s learn more about the phone.
Redmi 8 Overview
The Redmi 8 offers some good upgrades over its predecessor the Redmi 7. It now offers a bigger 5000mAh battery as opposed to 4000mAh battery of the Redmi 7. There’s also USB Type C and 18W fast charging support, which is great to see on a budget phone. The screen size of 6.26-inches remains the same and there’s the same HD resolution at disposal. The design looks more refined and refreshing as compared to Redmi 7.
Camera-wise, there’s a dual rear camera on the back, the primary camera being the Sony IMX 363 with 12MP f/1.8 lens. The second lens is a 2MP depth sensor for portraits. In terms of selfies, you get an 8MP sensor residing on the notch. The Sony IMX 363 is the same sensor used on the Pixel 3, but don’t expect any Pixel like performance on the Redmi 8 as Google’s software processing, its dedicated Visual Core chip, and the ISP/DSP of the Snapdragon 845 makes Pixel camera outstanding.
As for the performance, the Redmi 8 is actually inferior when compared to the Redmi 7. The Redmi 7 featured a much powerful Snapdragon 632 chipset, and the Redmi 8 sports a Snapdragon 439. It is very strange to see Xiaomi take this move, as the company is usually known for providing “best performance for the price”.
Memory wise, Only the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage is available in Nepal. There’s a dedicated microSD card slot for memory expansion.
Also Read: Xiaomi mobiles price in Nepal [Latest]
Redmi 8 Specifications
- Display: 6.22-inch (1520 × 720 pixels) HD+ 19:9 with Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Chipset: Snapdragon 439
- CPU: Octa-Core (4 X 1.95GHz Cortex A53 + 4X 1.45GHz Cortex A53)
- GPU: Adreno 505 GPU
- RAM: 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable up to 512GB with microSD (dedicated)
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- SIM: Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Rear Camera: 12MP rear camera with LED flash, Sony IMX363 sensor, 1.4μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, 6P lens, Dual PD autofocus, secondary 2MP depth camera
- Front Camera: 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size
- Security: Fingerprint sensor, Face unlock
- Dimensions: 156.48×75.41×9.4mm; Weight: 188g
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C, 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Battery: 5000mAh with 18W fast charging (10W charger inside the box)
- Colors: Sapphire Blue, Ruby Red, Onxy Black
Xiaomi Redmi 8 Price in Nepal and Availability
The official price of Xiaomi Redmi 8 (4+64GB) in Nepal is Rs. 14,999. When compared to the Indian price of INR. 8,999 (NRs.14,400), Xiaomi Nepal has yet again priced it competitive.
|Model Name||Price in Nepal||Availability|
|Xiaomi Redmi 8 (4GB/64GB)||Rs. 14,999||Mobile Retail Shops starting Nov 11, 2019|
The Redmi 8 is without a doubt the new budget king under Rs. 15,000 in Nepal. It comes with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage, which is a new benchmark for budget phones in Nepal. You get a good design, 19:9 display, Gorilla Glass 5 protection, Type C port, Dual Cameras, and a big 5000mAh battery — All these add up to make the Redmi 8 a compelling budget phone.