Xiaomi brings a lot of phones every year. Since they bring lot of phones, Xiaomi smartphones are really hard to keep track of. Plus the model names are equally confusing. MI Nepal recently launched the Redmi Note 7 in Nepal. And alongside the device, MI Nepal also unveiled a budget device with a similar name. Dubbed as Redmi 7, the latest budget-oriented device is not just similar to Note 7 in name but also on the design front. But what sets them apart? Find that out here.
Redmi 7 Overview:
On the design side, the Redmi 7 looks blatantly similar to the Redmi Note 7. It comes with a plastic back with an appealing gradient color. Even on the front, there is nothing much of a major difference. The Redmi 7 comes with a 6.26-inch IPS display with a minuscule notch on the top. The display on this device is shielded by Gorilla Glass 5. So the handset has better chances of survival during the falls. However, the resolution here is only HD+. So you might notice some pixelation while viewing the contents on the phone.
On the performance side, the phone gets the Snapdragon 632 chipset. Although three memory variants were launched in the international market (2/16GB, 3/32GB, and 4/64GB), only the 2/16GB and 3/32GB variants are available for purchase in Nepal.
The phone boots with Android Pie out of the box with MIUI 9 on the top. And talking about the camera, there is a dual camera setup at the back. A combination of 12MP and 2MP sensors form a camera duo on this device. With two rear cameras at its disposal, the handset is also capable of capturing portrait images. On the front lies an 8MP snapper, which takes care of the selfies.
On the battery front, the handset is enriched with a 4000mAh non-removable battery. With a low-res display on the board, it may provide a decent backup. The phone also comes with a 10W charger on the box.
Redmi 7 Specifications:
- Display: 6.26-inch IPS display with Gorilla Glass 5 Protection
- Resolution: HD+ (720 x 1520 pixels); 19:9 aspect ratio @ 269PPI
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 632
- CPU: Octa-core (4×1.8 GHz Kryo 250 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 250 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 506
- RAM: 2GB/3GB
- Storage: 16GB/32GB; Expandable up to 512GB via SD card (dedicated slot)
- OS: Android Pie (v9.0) with MIUI 9 on the top
- Rear Camera: Dual camera –(12 MP, f/2.2, 1.25 μm, PDAF) + (2 MP, depth sensor), LED flash
- Front Camera: 8MP
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery: 4000mAh with 10W charging; Uses Micro USB 2.0 port
- Colors: Black, Blue, Red
- Price: Rs. 14,999 (2/16GB) | Rs. 16,999 (3/32GB)
Also Read: Xiaomi Mobiles Price in Nepal