After multiple teasers, Xiaomi has unveiled the latest member for the Redmo Note 12 series in China. The newly announced Redmi Note 12R Pro is a budget smartphone with an OLED display and 5G capability. So, let’s get into the specs, features, expected price, and availability of the Redmi Note 12R Pro in Nepal.
Redmi Note 12R Pro Overview:
Design and Display
Redmi Note 12R Pro follows the same design language as the Note 12 5G and Note 12 Pro+. You get a sleek modern look with flat frames which houses the side-mounted fingerprint scanner. The corners and the rear still retain slight curves for ergonomics hands-on feel. Redmi offers the phone in three color options: Black, White, and Gold. The phone measures 8mm thick and weighs around 190 grams. Additionally, it has an IP53 rating for dust and splash resistance.
Over on the front, the Redmi Note 12R Pro sports a 6.67-inch FHD+ screen with a center-aligned punch-hole cutout. The OLED screen boasts 120Hz native refresh rate and 240Hz of touch sampling rate. The phone also has 1200 nits of peak brightness, making it ideal for use in broad day sunlight.
- WorldLink and PUBG Mobile team up to elevate Nepal’s gaming community
- Redmi Note 12 4G Review: Best Phone Under Rs. 25,000?
- Xiaomi 13 Lite Review: Too “Lite” or Just Right?
- Xiaomi Smart Band 8 goes official with 150+ sports modes
Performance and Memory
Under the hood, the phone is powered by Snapdragon 4 Gen 1 — the same chip as the vanilla Note 12 5G. It is a 6nm processor with two Cortex-A78 (@2GHz) and six Cortex-A55 (@1.8GHz) cores. The graphics are handled by Adreno 619, and there is also an integrated Snapdragon X51 modem for 5G connectivity.
Redmi has paired this chip with up to 12GB LPDDR4X RAM and 256GB UFS 2.2 storage. This is the single memory configuration that Redmi Note 12R Pro is available in Nepal.
The rectangular camera island on the back of the Redmi Note 12R Pro is home to two image sensors and an LED flash. As suggested by the branding, the primary camera uses a 48MP image sensor. This is paired with a 2MP depth sensor. Unfortunately, there is no dedicated sensor for ultrawide shots. Coming to the selfie, Redmi has provided a 16MP front-facing shooter.
Rest of the Specs
Fueling the Redmi Note 12R Pro is a 5,000mAh non-removable battery. It supports 33W fast charging, which should enable full recharge in a little over an hour. The phone ships with Android 13 out of the box with Xiaomi’s MIUI 14 on top.
Redmi Note 12R Pro Specifications:
- Body: 165.88 x 76.21 x 7.98mm, 188 grams, IP53 dust/water resistant
- Display: 6.67″ OLED, 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling, 1200 nits peak brightness
- Resolution: FHD+ (2400 x 1080 pixels), 20:9 aspect ratio, 395 PPI
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 4 Gen 1 5G (6nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Cortex-A78 & 6×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Adreno 619
- Memory: 12GB LPDDR4x RAM, 256GB UFS 2.2 Storage
- Software & UI: Android 13 with MIUI 14 on top
- Rear Camera: Dual-camera;
– 48MP primary
– 2MP depth
- Front Camera: 16MP
- Audio: 3.5mm headphone jack, mono speaker
- Security: Face-unlock, Fingerprint sensor (side-mounted)
- Battery: 5000mAh with 33W fast charging
Redmi Note 12R Pro Price in Nepal & Availability (Expected)
Currently, the Redmi Note 12R Pro is exclusive to the Chinese market, retailing for Rs. 1,999 for the sole 12/256GB variant. Based on this, we expect the price of the Redmi Note 12R Pro to be Rs. 39,999 in Nepal.
|Xiaomi Redmi Note 12R Pro||Price in China (Official)||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|12GB RAM, 256GB Storage||CNY 1,999||NPR 39,999|
- Meanwhile, check out our review of Redmi Note 12 5G.