As a part of the revamp of their A-series smartphones, Samsung Galaxy A30 is a low-mid-range phone from Samsung. It picks off from where the Samsung Galaxy M30 rests in terms of specs and features. And now, the Galaxy A30 has launched in Nepal for a good price. The phone costs Rs. 28,490.
Samsung Galaxy A30 Overview
The Galaxy A30 gives in to the notch trend. It features a tall 6.4″ display and a tiny U-shaped notch. Samsung dubs this as the “Infinity-U” display. The M-series, however, have a V-shaped notch and is called the Infinity V-display, as seen in the Galaxy M20 and the Galaxy M10. Also, this is a Super AMOLED panel, so, it should be pretty good.
In terms of camera, this phone has a dual camera setup at the back. The setup comprises of a 16 MP primary and a 5 MP ultra-wide lenses. Seems like Samsung is placing ultra-wide angle lenses on all their phones this year. The U-shaped notch up front houses a 16 MP selfie camera.
Under the hood, the A30 is run by Exynos 7904 chipset and is backed by 4 GB of RAM. And you get a 64 GB internal storage. There also exists a 3 GB / 32 GB variant of the phone, but in Nepal, we only get the 4 / 64 one. Also, there is an internal SD-card slot for memory expansion. This phone comes with Android Pie out of the box with Samsung’s One UI. In addition, you get a good 4000 mAh battery with 15-Watt Fast Charging.
Samsung Galaxy A30 Specifications:
- Design: Plastic body, aluminum frame
- Display: 6.4-inch Super AMOLED display with Full HD+ resolution, (2340×1080 pixels); 19.5:9 aspect ratio @ 403 PPI
- Rear Camera: Dual camera – (16 MP, f/1.7, PDAF) + (5 MP, f/2.2, 12mm, ultra-wide), LED flash
- Front Camera: 16 MP, f/2.0
- CPU: Octa-core Exynos 7904, (2×1.8 GHz Cortex-A73 & 6×1.6 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G71 MP2
- RAM: 4 GB
- Storage: 64 GB; Expandable up to 512GB (Dedicated SD Card Slot)
- OS & UI: Android 9.0 (Pie) with Samsung OneUI on the top
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery: 4000mAh with 15watt fast charging support; USB Type-C port
- Colors: Blue, White, and Black
- Price: Rs.28,490