With Samsung revamping its mid-range segment with the A-series, it did bring out the Galaxy A30 and A50. Sure, the A-series was already there, but the new ones are supposed to be better and trendier. The A-series changes a lot of things in Samsung’s smartphone game. And out of these two, the Galaxy A50 has now launched in Nepal for a price of Rs.33,490. [Latest Price: Rs. 31, 490] [Last updated: July 24, 2019]
One common thing about the new phones from Samsung is that they all sport a water-drop style notch up top. The Galaxy A50 also has one, which is U-shaped. It features a 6.4″ AMOLED display with Full HD+ resolution. Plus, you get an in-display fingerprint sensor on it. Also, this rests on a body which is “Glastic“. Apparently, Glastic is a combination of plastic and glass-molded together, that makes for a great looking shiny design all over.
In terms of camera, the Samsung Galaxy A50 flaunts a triple camera setup at the back. The primary 25MP shooter is backed by an 8MP ultra-wide-angle camera and a 5MP depth sensor. So not just the portrait shots, users can also get a stretched field of view from this device. On the front lies a 25MP shooter, which comes with an f/2.0 lens.
The Galaxy A50 is powered by the Exynos 9610 chipset and backed by 4 GB RAM. You also get a 6 GB RAM variant, but that is not available in Nepal. However, both variants get 128 GB storage. In addition, you also get a microSD card slot to expand your storage up to 512 GB. In terms of battery, you get a large 4000 mAh battery with Fast Charging feature and has USB-C.
Samsung Galaxy A50 Specifications:
- Design: Glastic body
- Display: 6.4-inch Super AMOLED display, Full-HD+ (2340×1080 pixels), 19.5:9 aspect ratio, In-display fingerprint sensor
- Rear Camera: Triple camera – (25 MP, f/1.7, PDAF) + (8 MP, f/2.2, 12mm, (ultra-wide)) + (5 MP, f/2.2, depth sensor), LED flash
- Front Camera: 25 MP, f/2.0
- CPU: Octa-core Exynos 9610
- GPU: Mali-G71 MP3
- RAM: 4 GB
- Storage: 64 GB; Expandable up to 512 GB (Dedicated SD Card Slot)
- OS & UI: Android 9.0 (Pie) with Samsung’s OneUI on the top
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display), Gyro, accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery: 4000 mAh with 15-watt fast charging support; USB Type-C port
- Colors: Blue, White, Coral, and Black
- [Latest Price: Rs. 31,490] [Last updated on July 24, 2019]