Here is our list of the top Smartphones under 30000 in Nepal. These Android phones offer excellent “value for money” with good performance, features and quality at mid-range price points and are recommended for users with a budget of under Rs.30,000 in Nepal.
Our Updated List of Top Smartphones under 30000 in Nepal
1.Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro
Overall Rating: 4.64 | Price: Rs. 30,000
(Design: 4.7/5 | Display: 4.9/5 | Performance: 4.3/5 | Camera: 4.7/5 | Battery: 4.6/5)
Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro is one of the 2017’s addition to the famous J-series. It can undoubtedly give high-end phones a worth for their money if its design is considered. With a Super AMOLED display that just melts into the near bezel-less sides, the phone easily won us in terms of design. The device has a 3,600 mAh battery which can easily last for a day and a half. Yes, it does feature an older processor, but the device doesn’t lag or anything.
During the time of our review we were thoroughly impressed by its fingerprint scanner. It unlocks the phone in no time at all and can read fingerprint really fast. The Galaxy J7 Pro is also complemented by a great overall camera performance. Under ample lighting, the camera captured great details with good dynamic range. And yes, it has 64 GB of onboard memory which can be expanded. It runs on Android Nougat right out of the box and will hopefully receive the Oreo upgrade.
Full specs of Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro:
- 5.5-inch FHD Super AMOLED display
- 1.6GHz Octa Core Exynos 7870 processor
- 3GB RAM, 64GB Internal Storage, expandable (up to 256GB) via micro SD slot
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano) with 4G LTE
- 13MP rear camera, f/1.7 Aperture, LED flash
- 13MP front camera, f/1.9 Aperture, LED flash
- Fingerprint Scanner
- 3,600mAh battery
- Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro Price in Nepal: Rs. 30,000
2. Coolpad Cool1 Dual
Overall Rating: 4.6 | Price: Rs. 30,000
(Design: 4.4/5 | Display: 4.2/5 | Performance: 4.6/5 | Camera: 4.5/5 | Battery: 4.8/5)
Coolpad Cool1 Dual (Read Review), the first phone that was manufactured in a joint venture of Coolpad and LeEco is undoubtedly a handsome lad both from the outside and the inside. The phone with powerful performance, promising cameras, awesome battery life and good display easily made to the second position of our list for the phones to buy under Rs. 30,000. The phone that has dual right on its name is all about its dual 13MP cameras in the back that satisfies all your desires in mobile photography. The best is the portraits it can take with bokeh effect that seems near perfect.
During the time of our review, the phone impressed us with its performance and all thanks to the Qualcomm Snapdragon 652 coupled with 4GB of RAM. If it’s the gaming that you want to buy your next phone for then, you can never go wrong with this phone. Plus, you’ll also get to enjoy the best of its class camera performance as well. The phone comes with all the sweetness like the reliable fingerprint sensor, IR sensor on the top along with all the essential sensors. The only part where the phone fails to deliver is the onboard storage that’s not expandable. Had it had an expandable memory, and thinner bezels, this already good phone could have been even better.
Full Specs of Coolpad Cool1 Dual:
- 5.5-inch full HD display with Gorilla Glass 3 Protection
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with EUI 5.6
- 64GB ROM (not expandable)
- 4GB LPDDR3 RAM
- 13 MP Dual Rear-facing Camera with f/2.0 aperture, dual tone LED flash, 6P Lens, 4K Video Recording
- 8 MP Front Facing Camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 652 64-bit SoC
- Octa-core processor (4×1.2 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A72)
- Adreno 510 GPU
- Fingerprint Sensor (rear-mounted, 360 degrees, unlocks in 0.5secs)
- Dual SIM with 4G VoLTE
- USB Type-C connectivity with fast charging (Quick Charge 2.0)
- Non-removable 4060 mAh battery
- Color Option: Gold
3. Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Snapdragon Version)
Overall Rating: 4.4 | Price: Rs. 28,499
(Design: 4.5/5 | Display: 4.2/5 | Performance: 4.4/5 | Camera: 3.8/5 | Battery: 4.9/5)
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4SD (Read Review) is also widely popular as Redmi Note 4X. The SD in its name is due to the fact that it comes with Qualcomm SnapDragon 625. The rest of the specs of the phone is identical to that of regular Note 4. It comes with 5.5inch Full HD IPS LCD screen. The model that has been launched in Nepal is the one with 4GB RAM and 64GB ROM. The built-in storage is expandable up to 256GB via microSD card.
As far as cameras are concerned it comes with 13MP, f/2.0 unit with Dual-tone LED flash and 5MP, f/2.0 unit on the front. Both the cameras are capable of shooting up to full HD videos. However, the primary camera can even shoot slo-mo videos in HD resolution at 120fps. The phone has a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner. The device gets its juice from 4100mAh battery.
Full Specs of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4:
- 5.5inch FULL HD IPS LCD display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 Octa-Core CPU clocked at 2.0GHz; Adreno 506 GPU
- 4GB RAM & 64GB storage (expandable up to 256GB via microSD card; uses SIM2 slot)
- MIUI 8.2 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Rear Camera: 13 MP, f/2.0, PDAF, dual-LED (dual tone) flash; [email protected], [email protected]
- Front Camera: 5 MP, f/2.0, 1080p
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, IR sensor, FM Radio, USB OTG support
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Li-Po 4100 mAh battery
- Color: Gray, Gold, Black, Pink
- Price: Rs. 28,499
4. Samsung Galaxy J7 Max
Overall Rating: 4.4 | Price: Rs. 28,290
(Design: 4.6/5 | Display: 4.2/5 | Performance: 4.2/5 | Camera: 4.4/5 | Battery: 4.3/5)
Samsung Galaxy J7 Max comes with 5.7-inch PLS display and placing itself in the Phablet category. The device is powered by MediaTek Helio P20 chipset aided by Mali-T880MP2 GPU. The USP of the phone is the camera with 13MP lens accompanied by LED flash both on the front and on the back. The rear camera is favored by a wide aperture of f/1.7 and the front one with f/1.9. The presence of these wide apertures has made the J7 Max a great camera smartphone even on the low lights. There also a ring around the rear camera of the phone, which glows to alert about the notifications.
On the storage side, Samsung Galaxy J7 Max enjoys 4GB of RAM and 32GB of Internal storage. There is also a dedicated slot on the device to expand the onboard storage up to 256GB via SD card. Fitted inside the metallic body, J7 Max is equipped with a fingerprint scanner, which resides on the home button. For the VR gaming and 360-degree videos, the phone has gyro sensor. The device is nourished by 3300mAh battery.
Full specs of Samsung Galaxy J7 Max:
- Dimension: 156.7 x 78.8 x 8.1 mm; Weight: 179g
- 5.7 Inch Full HD PLS Display
- Android v7.0 Nougat
- 4 GB RAM
- 32 GB ROM
- Dedicated SDcard slot for memory expansion up to 256 GB
- Octa-Core MediaTek MT6757 Helio P20 Processor
- 13 MP Rear Camera with f/1.7 aperture, LED Flash
- 13 MP Front Facing Camera with f/1.9 aperture and LED Flash
- Dual SIM (Nano + Nano)
- 4G connectivity, WiFi a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, A-GPS, USB OTG
- Front-mounted Fingerprint Sensor
- Gyro sensor
- 3300mAh Battery
- Color(s) available: Gold, Black
- Price: Rs. 28,290
5. Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime
Overall Rating: 4.3 | Price: Rs. 25,495
(Design: 4.6/5 | Display: 4.3/5 | Performance: 4.1/5 | Camera: 4.4/5 | Battery: 4.5/5)
Priced at Rs. 25,495, the Galaxy J7 Prime (Read Review) has a 5.5-inch FullHD IPS display and is powered by an Exynos Octa 7870 CPU that comes equipped with a total of eight Cortex-A53 cores clocked at up to 1.6Ghz. The Exynos Octa 7870 is the first midrange system on a chip (SoC) to feature 14nm FinFET process which means it is more power efficient than the traditional 28nm SoCs.
Regarding memory, the Galaxy J7 Prime has 3GB of DDR3 RAM and 32GB of onboard storage which can be further expanded via dedicated microSD card slot up to 256GB. The Galaxy J7 also boasts a 13MP autofocus rear camera with LED flash and f/1.9 aperture lens, while the front houses an 8MP shooter. The phone runs on the latest version of Android — Marshmallow 6.0.1 with Samsung skinned TouchWiz UI. It has a 3300mAh battery, full metal body, and fingerprint scanner embedded in the home button.
Full Specs of Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime:
- 5.5” FullHD IPS LCD display with Corning Gorilla Glass
- 1.6Ghz Exynos Octa 7870 CPU
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage,
- microSD card slot up to 256GB
- Hybrid Dual SIM Slot (Micro SIM + Nano SIM / microSD)
- Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 with TouchWiz UI
- 13 MP Rear Camera with LED flash
- 8MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Li-Ion 3300 mAh battery
- Price: Rs. 25,495
6. Gionee A1
Overall Rating: 4.2 | Price: Rs. 29,999
(Design: 4.5/5 | Display: 4.4/5 | Performance: 4.2/5 | Camera: 4.5/5 | Battery: 4.4/5)
Gionee A1 (Read Review) is one of the best phones to buy if you are looking for a great selfie experience and quality display. It boasts a 13MP,f/2.0 rear camera, and a 16MP with f/2.0 aperture front camera with LED front flash. The phone has a metallic unibody build and boasts a 5.5-inch AMOLED display with Full HD resolution. The A1 is powered by a MediaTek MT6755 Helio P10 processor and a Mali-T860MP2 GPU. The phone has 4GB RAM and 64GB of inbuilt storage (expandable to 256GB). It is the only phone in this price range to come with such memory combination.
Gionee A1 also features a fingerprint scanner below the display that doubles as a home button. The dual SIM phone has a 4010 mAh battery and runs on Gionee’s own Amigo OS 4.0 based on Android 7 Nougat. So, the phone comes with Google Assistant and features like quick reply and grouping of notifications from the same app.
Full Specs of Gionee A1:
- 5.5” FullHD AMOLED Display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- MediaTek MT6755 Helio P10 Octa Core CPU; Mali-T860MP2 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB internal storage, microSD card slot up to 256GB
- Hybrid Dual SIM Slot
- Android 7 Nougat with Amigo OS 4.0
- 13 MP Rear Camera with LED flash
- 16MP Front Camera
- Front-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Li-Ion 4010 mAh battery
- Price: Rs. 29,999
7. Oppo F3
Overall Rating: 4.04 | Price: Rs. 30,000
(Design: 4.3/5 | Display: 4/5 | Performance: 3.8/5 | Camera: 4.3/5 | Battery: 3.8/5)
Featuring dual selfie cameras on the front, the Oppo F3 (Read Review) comes in at the 7th position in our list of top phones under Rs. 30,000. These cameras let you choose between a wide-angle selfie or a detailed selfie as per your requirement. The Oppo F3 comes encased in a light and good-looking metal body.
The device is powered by a MediaTek MT6759T SoC which doesn’t suffice a gamer’s needs. Its Octa-core processor is coupled with 4 GB RAM for multitasking and Mali T860 GPU for gaming. This device runs on the older Android v6.0.1 Marshmallow. Its 3,200 mAh battery lasts for a day but isn’t supported by any kind of fast charging technology.
Full specs of the Oppo F3:
- 5.5-inch Full HD display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 1.5 GHz Octa-Core MediaTek MT6750T processor
- Mali T860 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB (dedicated slot)
- Dual SIM (Nano + Nano)
- Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) with ColorOS 3.0
- 13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with 76.4-degree wide-angle lens, f/2.0 aperture + secondary 8MP front camera with 120-degree wide-angle lens
- Rear-mounted Fingerprint sensor
- 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 4.1
- 3200mAh battery
8. OnePlus 2
Overall Rating: 4.2 | Price: Rs. 25,000
(Design: 4/5 | Display: 4.2/5 | Performance: 4.5/5 | Camera: 4.2/5 | Battery: 4/5)
Though being a years old phone, the specs packed inside the OnePlus 2 has still made it a strong contender in the race. Oneplus 2 made to this list because of its reliable fingerprint sensor, seamless design, good cameras, and satisfactory performance. While being used as our daily driver, the phone’s battery life did impress us. The phone comes with 4GB of fast DDR4 RAM, designed for smooth performance and better multitasking. The user can experience buttery smooth performance even while playing high-end games. However, the device gets warmed up sometimes on rigorous gaming.
OnePlus 2, the 5.5inch screen phone is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 CPU, which is an Octa-core CPU. This 4GB RAM phone comes with the 64GB of storage. The phone houses cameras of 13MP (on the back) and 5MP (on the front) that proved themselves to be quite capable while taking photographs. Fueling this device is a 3300mAh battery. This phone runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop out of the box with OnePlus’s own Oxygen OS 3.5.6 on the top. The phone is currently available at Rs. 25,00 with the discount of 22% on its initial price of Rs. 31,900 from Kaymu.
Full Specs of OnePlus 2:
- 5.5-inch Full-HD LTPS IPS display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 810, Octa-core (4×1.56 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.82 GHz Cortex-A57)
- Mali T860 GPU
- Android 5.1 Lollipop with Oxygen OS 3.5.6 on top
- 4GB of RAM; 64GB of internal storage
- Rear Camera: 13MP with f/2.0 aperture, OIS, laser autofocus, and Dual-tone flash
- Front Camera: 5MP with f/2.4 aperture
- Dual Hybrid SIM (Micro+Nano/microSD)
- Non-Removable 3300mAh battery
- Price: Rs. 25,000
9. Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
Overall Rating: 4.36 | Price: Rs. 25,499
(Design: 4.5/5 | Display: 4.1/5 | Performance: 4.5/5 | Camera: 4.1/5 | Battery: 4.7/5)
Priced at Rs. 25,499, Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro (Read Review) sports a 5.5-inch FullHD IPS panel and offers a full metal body alongside a fingerprint sensor at the back. Under the hood, the phone is powered by a Snapdragon 650 SoC with a hexacore processor which will yield in a superior performance compared to the competition [P.S the Hexacore Snapdragon 650 has better performance than other octa-core and deca-core processor at this price range]. Storage wise, it has 3GB of RAM and 32GB of expandable storage. The phone is backed by a 4100mAh battery, and with the MIUI several software optimization methods, it will result in an excellent battery backup.
The Dual Hybrid SIM supporting Redmi Note 3 Pro has a 16 MP Rear Camera and 5MP front camera. It boots on Android 5.1 Lollipop with MiUI 7.2 layered on top and had already received the MIUI 8.0 update.
Full Specs of Redmi Note 3 Pro:
- 5.5-inch Full HD IPS display
- HexaCore Qualcomm Snapdragon 650 CPU
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB storage, microSD card up to 128GB
- Hybrid Dual SIM Slot (Micro SIM + Nano SIM / microSD)
- MIUI 7 based on Android Lollipop 5.1; upgradable to v6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- 16MP rear camera with LED Flash
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4050mAh battery with fast charging
- Price: Rs. 25,499
10. Huawei Y7 Prime
Overall Rating: 4 | Price: Rs. 24,900
(Design: 4.2/5 | Display: 3.5/5 | Performance: 3.5/5 | Camera: 4.3/5 | Battery: 4.5/5)
The Huawei Y7 Prime (Read Review) was launched few months back with a focus on battery life. During our review we liked its design but were let down by its HD display. At a time when budget smartphones already come with full HD display, Huawei opting for HD display is a strange move. It has Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 processor on the inside which is an average performer in real life.
But the Huawei Y7 Prime is a beat with its 4,000 mAh battery which can easily last for 2 days under normal usage. It isn’t backed by any quick charging technology, though. So, you will have to wait for 3 long hours before it gets fully charged. The camera on the device is quite decent and packs details and is able to give off natural color tone. The fingerprint scanner on the device is really snappy.
Full Specs of Huawei Y7 Prime:
- 5.5-inch HD IPS LCD Display
- Android 7.0 Nougat with EMUI 5.1 on top
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 (1.4GHz Octa-core) CPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB Internal Storage
- Memory Expandable up to 128GB (uses SIM2 Slot)
- 12MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture and LED flash
- 8MP Front-Facing Camera
- Dual-SIM (micro+nano), 4G LTE
- Fingerprint (Rear Mounted)
- Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery
- Huawei Y7 Prime Price in Nepal: Rs. 24,900
11. Gionee A1 Lite
Overall Rating: 4 | Price: Rs. 22,900
(Design: 4.5/5 | Display: 3.5/5 | Performance: 3./5 | Camera: 4.5/5 | Battery: 4.5/5)
If selfie is what you look for in a phone, you can never go wrong with the Gionee A1 Lite (Read Review). The device has a staggering 20 MP camera along with a 4,000 mAh battery. Its 5.3inch display, however, has only 720p resolution which could be a let off to some. During our review, the Gionee A1 Lite could not handle heavy multitasking and intense gaming. It also heat up a lot during that process.
Yet if normal usage, camera and battery is your cup of tea, you can never go wrong with this smartphone. Oh, and that design at the back is really gorgeous on the Gionee A1 Lite.
Full Specs of the Gionee A1 Lite
- 5.3 inch IPS HD display (282 ppi) with Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 1.3 GHz Octa-core 64 bit MediaTek MT6753 SoC
- Mali-T720MP3 GPU
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, LED flash
- 13 MP rear-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, dual-LED flash
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB ROM; microSD upto 128GB (dedicated slot)
- Android 7.0 Nougat with Amigo 4.0 on top
- Non-removable Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery
- Rear-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Dual SIM with 4G LTE
- Gionee A1 Lite Price in Nepal: Rs. 22,900
Yes, we did miss a few phones in the list above. That’s because we wanted to confine the number of smartphones in the article to be 11. If you are yet unsatisfied with the list, you can have a closer view on General Mobile GM 5 Plus (available at Rs. 20,000) and Lava A3 (available at Rs. 23,500). The another phone that would be the cheapest in this list is the OnePlus X that’ll be a worth buying phone at its new pricing.
The another phone that just got out of the list but is still worth a buy is the Samsung Galaxy J7 2016 (Price: Rs. 26,490). The phone just got out of the list because its predecessor is just around the corner and the phone won’t get further updates. Plus the phone has an HD display. Other than that, considering its performance, cameras, and battery life, the J7 2016 can be said to be a good buy.