Here is our list of the top Smartphones under 30000 in Nepal. These Android phones offer excellent “value for money” with good performance, features and quality at mid-range price points and are recommended for users with a budget of under Rs.30,000 in Nepal.
1Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 AI
If you are searching a smartphone that has good overall specs, Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 AI is the best for you. On the performance front, the handset stands powerfully with the Snapdragon 636 chipset. And alongside this powerful chipset, there is 4GB of RAM and 64GB of onboard storage.
Even on the camera department, this phone is capable of taking stunning pictures. The phone comes with a dual camera at the back. The primary 12MP sensor comes with a large sensor size of 1/2.55″ and has a pixel size of 1.4µm. The lens fitted to it has an aperture of f/1.9, so it’s better suited for low light photography as well. The secondary 5 MP depth-sensing camera comes with an aperture of f/2.0 and has a pixel size of 1.25µm, which captures depth information excellently and helps for better portrait shots.
Even on the battery backup, the Note 5 AI has something big to offer. The phone boasts massive 4000mAh battery, which provides backup for more than a day on a normal use. There is also a quick charging option to inject the power into the battery really fast. The phone also sports all the basic sensors like Fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 AI Specifications
- Display: 5.99-inch IPS FHD+ display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 Protection
- CPU: 1.8 GHz Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 636
- GPU: Adreno 509 GPU
- OS: Android Oreo 8.0 with MIUI 9.0 on the top
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB, up to 128GB expandable storage (uses SIM 2)
- Rear Camera: 5MP + 12MP, LED flash
- Front Camera:13MP with f/2.0 with LED flash
- Sensors: Accelerometer, proximity, gyro, IR blaster, Fingerprint
- SIM: Dual hybrid SIM with 4G VOLTE
- Battery: 4,000mAh
- Price: Rs. 29,999 (4GB/64GB)
2Nokia 6 2018 AKA Nokia 6.1
Unlike the Redmi Note 5 AI, the Nokia 6 2018 is not an all-rounder. But it does have some note-worthy specs, that ranks it higher on the list. The phone has got a capable chipset because of which it outperforms many other smartphones on the list. With Snapdragon 630 coupled with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of onboard storage, you can play even the demanding games like PUBG.
The camera and battery on the phone are just ok because the competitors are offering better at this price point. However, it has upper hand over all the smartphones in the list on the software side. The phone enjoys an adulterated stock version of Android out of the box. Being an Android One phone, Nokia 6.1 will get regular software updates and security patches from Google itself.
Nokia 6 2018 AKA Nokia 6.1 specifications
- Display: 5.5-inch IPS LCD Display with Gorilla Glass 3 protection; 73.2% Screen-to-body ratio
- Resolution: Full-HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) @ 403PPI
- Operating System: Android Oreo, upgradeable to Android P beta
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 630
- CPU: Octa-core 2.2 GHz
- GPU: Adreno 508
- RAM: 3/4GB
- Storage: 32/64 GB, expandable up to 256 GB
- Rear Camera: 16 MP, f/2.0, 1.0 µm pixel size, PDAF, Dual-tone flash
- Front Camera: 8MP, f/2.0, 1.12 µm pixel size
- Connectivity: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, A-GPS, NFC, Radio, USB Type-C, 3.5 mm headphone jack
- Sensors: Fingerprint (Rear mounted), Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery: 3000mAh; Fast charging supported
- Colors: Black, Silver
- Price: Rs. 27,499 (3/32GB)
Also Read: Top Smartphones under Rs.40,000
3Coolpad Cool Play 6
Coolpad presented the Cool Play 6 as a gaming phone. Even with the okayish Snapdragon 653 chipset, the phone is capable of handling most of the high-end games. And with the massive 6GB of RAM, users can multitask with a number of apps without a problem.
Even in the camera department, the phone is really awe-inspiring. The phone features a dual camera setup, each equipped with a 13MP sensor. Among the sensors involved, one is a monochrome sensor and another is an RGB sensor. So with this camera setup, users will be delighted to see accurate colors and a great amount of sharpness in the images. And needless to mention, this dual camera setup is also capable of capturing some praise-worthy portrait shots.
That’s not all. The Cool Play 6 also provides a remarkable battery backup. With 4060mAh battery, users will not have to worry about charging their phones even after a long gaming session.
Full Specs of Coolpad Cool Play 6:
- Display: 5.5-inch Full HD IPS LCD display
- CPU: Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 653
- GPU: Adreno 510
- OS: Android Nougat (v7.1.1) with Journey UI; Planned upgrade to Oreo (v8.0)
- RAM: 6 GB
- Storage: 64 GB
- Rear Camera: 13 MP Dual Rear-facing Camera with f/2.0 aperture, dual-tone LED flash
- Front Camera: 8 MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture
- Sensors: Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Gyro, proximity, compass
- SIM: Dual SIM with 4G
- Battery: 4060 mAh
- Price: Rs. 31,996 (Available for Rs. 30,000)
Also Read: Best Smartphones of 2017 to buy in Nepal
4Samsung Galaxy J8
Galaxy J8 may not have the perfect specs, but it does possess some great specs that outperform every other smartphone in the list.
On the performance front, it may not have the best chipset available in the market, both the Snapdragon 450 chipset works perfectly fine while running light apps and games and multitasking with them.
The aspect, where the Galaxy J8 gets the best is the camera. The handset enjoys a dual camera setup aligned meticulously in vertical configuration at the back. The camera pair boasts a primary 16MP sensor backed by a 5MP depth sensor. Both the cameras enjoy a wide aperture of f/1.9. With this camera setup, the phone is capable of capturing some stunning images and appealing portrait shots.
On the J8, there is also a feature to adjust the focus area and blur intensity even after taking the shots. So users will always have the privilege to maintain the amount the blur so that the portrait images look appealing. Furthermore, there is also an option to change the blurred backdrop from normal to Crystal, Pixel, Time Slice and Crumbled options. This adds different taste over the mainstream Bokeh effect. In addition, there is also the Portrait Dolly feature, which basically creates the 3 seconds videos from the portrait images where the subject is zoomed in or zoomed out with the segregated background.
Talking about the front camera, the J8 boasts a 16MP selfie shooter. The front camera captures amazing selfies with a great amount of details in them. There is also the “selfie focus” option, which lets the users capture portrait selfies.
The device also provides a great battery backup. In terms of capacity, it just has a 3500mAh battery, however, because of the power-efficient chipset and low-resolution display, it provides a note-worthy backup. With a single charge, you can go with J8, use it normally and not worry for one and a half day.
Samsung Galaxy J8 Specifications
- Display: 6.0-inch Super AMOLED display
- Resolution: HD+ (720 x 1480 pixels), 18.5:9 ratio, 275 PPI pixel density
- Chipset: Snapdragon 450
- CPU: Octa-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: Adreno 506
- OS: Android Oreo 8.0
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB, expandable storage up to 256GB via SD card (dedicated slot)
- Rear Camera: Dual cameras: (16 MP, f/1.9) + (5MP, f/1.9), LED flash
- Front Camera:16MP, f/1.9 with LED flash
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity
- SIM: Dual SIM with 4G LTE
- Battery: 3,500mAh
- Price: Rs.33490 (available for Rs. 30,000)
5Huawei Nova 2i
Four cameras on a phone is a distinguishing feature even on this day. And the Huawei Nova 2i is one of such rare and lucky handset that features a dual camera setup both on the front and on the back.
The front camera on the phone embraces a camera duo comprising of 13MP and 2MP sensors. With the camera setup, Nova 2i is capable of capturing selfies with a great amount of details. Since there are two cameras, it is also trained to capture portrait selfies.
The dual camera at the back features 16MP camera backed by a 2MP depth sensor. The handset captures images with great details, good color accuracy, and high dynamic ranges. The top-quality images from the phone can get everyone mystified. Furthermore, users can also take portrait images with this phone. Edge detection is mind-blowing and the resulting portrait images are simply great at this price point.
Huawei Nova 2i Specifications:
- Display: 5.9-inch Full HD+ IPS (1080*2160), 18:9, 407ppi
- SIM: Hybrid Dual Nano (SIM+SIM or SIM +microSD)
- OS: EMUI 5.1 on top of Android 7.0 Nougat
- Fingerprint Sensor: Rear Mounted
- Chipset: HiSilicon Kirin 659
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.36 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.7 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-T830 MP2
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB, Expandable with microSD up to 256GB
- Rear Camera:16MP + 2MP Dual Camera, Phase Detection Autofocus, Bokeh mode, Motion Photos, 1080p @30fps
- Front Camera: 13MP + 2MP Dual Camera, f/2.0 aperture, Bokeh Mode, Stickers, Beauty Mode, 1080p @30fps
- Battery: 3340mAh
- Price: Rs. 32,900 (available for Rs. 30,000)
6Xiaomi Redmi S2
“Xiaomi and Snapdragon 625, still better love story than the twilight”. We have seen such memes on multiple occasions. And Redmi S2 is one of such fateful (or probably unlucky) handset that comes with the Snapdragon 625 chipset. But that being said, SD625 is not a bad chipset at all. It is capable of outperforming many other smartphones available at this price point. It can handle even the high-end apps and games sophisticatedly.
In addition to a remarkable performance, the Redmi S2 has great setup cameras to capture the memories. It is basically a camera-centric handset that features dual camera at the back. The camera pair comprises the 12MP sensor with a 5MP depth sensor alongside. Normal shots from the phone look really great with substantial amount of details in them. Color accuracy and dynamic range are also absolutely mind-blowing.
Not just the normal shots, the phone also captures appealing portrait shots. The amazing edge detection and the right amount of blur on the portrait images have made the phone a great choice even for capturing the portrait shots. The phone is also provided with EIS (Electronic Image Stabilization) due to which users can shoot somewhat stable videos even when your hands are shaky.
Talking about the front camera, the 16MP shooter captures amazing selfies with abundant details and great color accuracy. Users can also get the real-time beautification by turning on the beauty mode.
Xiaomi Redmi S2 Specifications:
- Dimension: 160.7 x 77.3 x 8.1 mm; Weight: 170 grams
- Display: 5.99 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Resolution: 720 x 1440 pixels
- OS: Android Oreo (v8.1)
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 625
- RAM: 4GB
- Memory: 64 GB; Expandable up to 256GB with micro SD card (Dedicated Slot)
- Primary Camera: 12MP (f/2.2, 1.25μm, PDAF) + 5MP, gyro-EIS, phase detection autofocus, LED flash
- Secondary Camera: 16MP (2.0µm), LED flash
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 3080 mAh battery with fast charging support (5V/2A)
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi Direct, hotspot Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, Infrared, FM radio
- Price: Rs.26,999
7Oppo F7 Youth
Oppo phones are generally centered at the cameras. They are provided with the great cameras that the moment captured from it possesses a great amount of details and vibrancy. And for that very purpose, the phone is equipped with a 13MP camera at the back and 8MP on the front.
But unlike the Oppo smartphones in the past, the F7 Youth enjoys a remarkable chipset inside it. The MediaTek Helio P60 chipset has comparable performance to the Snapdragon 660. So it can easily outperform even the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 AI and the Nokia 6.1.
But there is also a downside on the phone, it does lack a fingerprint sensor. Users have to unlock their smartphone using the Face Unlock feature, which, by the way, is really fast.
OPPO F7 Youth specifications:
- Display: 6-inch (2160 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:9 IPS LCD display, capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- OS: ColorOS 5.0 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio P60
- CPU: Octa Core12nm processor (4 X 2GHz Cortex A73 + 4 X 2GHz Cortex A53 CPUs)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- RAM: 4GB DDR3
- Storage: 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- SIM: Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Rear Camera: 13MP with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture
- Front Camera: 8MP, f/2.2 aperture
- Security: Face unlock
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b,g,n; Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- Battery: 3410mAh Li-Ion non-removable
- Sensors: Accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Colors: Sunrise Red, Moonlight Silver, and Diamond Black
- Price: Rs.31,350 (available for Rs. 30,000)
8Vivo V9 Youth
Just like Oppo, Vivo also has an affliction of bringing camera-focused smartphones in the market. And Vivo V9 Youth is undeniably one of them. The phone features a dual camera at the back. The camera duos is a combination of 16MP and 2MP sensors when both action, is dedicated to providing some top-quality portrait images. There is also a single 16MP selfie shooter upfront, which easily impresses its users by capturing incredible selfies.
The phone also comes with a tall 6.3-inch display, which features Full-HD+ resolution. Alike the iPhone X, there is a notch up top. The display on the V9 Youth is shielded by Corning Gorilla Glass 3 on the top to evade the vulnerabilities of cracks and scratches during the falls.
For the performance, it comes with the mediocre Snapdragon 450 chipset. But even with this chipset and with 4GB of RAM alongside, Vivo V9 is capable of handling most of the apps and games.
Vivo V9 Specifications
- Display: 6.3-inch (2280 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 IPS display
- Display Protection: Gorilla Glass 3
- Body: Plastic
- Software: Funtouch OS 4.0 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- CPU: 1.8GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 450
- GPU: Adreno 506
- RAM: 4GB DDR3
- Storage: 32GB, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- SIM: Dual Dedicated SIM (nano + nano)
- Rear Camera: Dual (16MP + 2MP) with LED flash
- Front Camera: 16MP, f/2.0 aperture
- Security: Fingerprint sensor, Face Unlock
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, USB OTG
- Sensors: Proximity, Accelerometer, Gyro, Compass
- Battery: 3260mAh
- Color Options: Pearl Black, Champagne Gold
- Price: Rs. 29,390
9Sony Xperia X
Sony smartphones do not need an introduction. Even before the arrival of Oppo and Vivo smartphones, Sony handset used to have good specs with a great set of cameras. And the Sony Xperia X is no exception.
On the back, it may not have fancy dual cameras but it does have a capable 23MP sensor at the back. Even we go in terms of megapixel counts; it is unbeatable at this price point. Not just the megapixel counts, the Xperia X is a high-class camera phone as it captures stunning images. It has all been possible due to the presence of a capable Exmor RS sensor, which has a size of 1/2.3″. And with the f/2.0 lens aperture and Predictive Hybrid Auto Focus, Xperia X quite have potential to somewhat outperform the point-and-shoot cameras.
On the front, there is a 13MP sensor, which has a sensor size of 1/3”. Ahead of this sensor, there lies a lens, which has an aperture of f/2.0. In terms of megapixel count, the front camera may not have the whopping numbers like the back one but it captures some incredible selfies. And since the selfie shooter features a wide-angle lens, you and your friends don’t have to squeeze to adjust in the frame while capturing group selfies.
Sony Xperia X specifications:
- Dimensions: 69.4 x 142.7 x 7.9mm; Weight: 153 grams
- Display: 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Triluminos Display
- Chipset: Snapdragon 650
- GPU: Adreno 510
- RAM: 3GB RAM,
- Storage: 64GB, expandable memory up to 200GB via microSD card
- OS: Android Marshmallow 6.0
- SIM: Dual SIM (nano+nano)
- Rear camera: 23MP with Exmor RS sensor, 1/2.3″ sensor, f/2.0 lens, Predictive Hybrid AF, LED Flash 1080p video recording
- Front camera: 13MP with 1/3” Exmor RS sensor, 22mm wide-angle f/2.0 lens, 1080p video recording
- Other Features: DSEE HX, LDAC, Digital Noise Cancelling
- Fingerprint sensor: Yes
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC
- Battery: 2630mAh Battery with Qnovo’s Adaptive Charging technology
- Price: Rs.32,500 (Available at Daraz for Rs. 28,333.33)