Here is our list of the top Smartphones under 30000 in Nepal. These Android phones offer excellent “value for money” with good performance, features and quality at mid-range price points and are recommended for users with a budget of under Rs.30,000 in Nepal.
Like most of Vivo phones, the Vivo Y17 is also a camera-centric device. It comes with a triple camera setup at the back. The primary camera comes with a 13MP sensor, which is accompanied by an 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens, and a 2MP depth sensor for a wide range of camera perspectives. Even on the front, there is a notable 20MP selfie snapper, which also doubles as an authenticating tool while unlocking the device via Face Unlock feature.
When it comes to the battery, there is a humongous 5000mAh battery. So it should last for a prolonged period. The presence of 128GB of onboard memory is duly notable here. However, the phone comes with a mediocre Helio P35 chipset, which is inferior to what’s its competitors are offering. Similar, the resolution of the display is merely HD+. So the contents on its screen don’t look as sharp.
Vivo Y17 Specifications:
- Display: 6.35″ IPS LCD with HD+ resolution (720 x 1544 pixels), 19.3:9 aspect ratio
- Rear Camera: Triple-setup, 13 MP primary with f/2.2 aperture & PDAF + 8 MP ultra-wide with f/2.2 aperture + 2 MP depth sensor
- Front Camera: Single, 20 MP with f/2.0 aperture
- Processor: MediaTek Helio P35
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- RAM: 4 GB
- OS: Android Pie with FunTouch 9
- Storage: 128 GB internal
- Battery: 5000 mAh, 18-Watt Fast Charging
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
Honor is the sub-brand of Huawei and it made the Honor 8X similar to the Huawei Y9 2019 when it comes to the specs. The Honor 8X comes with the same 6.5-inch IPS display, same chipset, and the same OS. But the major difference lies on the camera front.
Unlike Y9 2019, Honor 8X comes with a total of three cameras. A camera pair rests on the back whereas a single front camera takes care of the selfies. The rear camera setup here comprises of 20MP main camera accompanied by a 2MP depth sensor. With a high-res sensor at the helm, Honor 8X captures images with an extra level of details. And similar is the case with a 16MP selfie snapper on the front. Although the camera is better than the Y9 2019, Honor 8X slightly lags on the battery front. The handset comes with a tad bit smaller 3750mAh battery.
Honor 8X Specifications:
- Display: 6.5″ IPS LCD display
- Resolution: Full-HD+ (2340 x 1080 pixels), 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: HiSilicon Kirin 710
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.2 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.7 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G51 MP4
- RAM: 4GB
- Memory: 64GB storage; expandable up to 400 GB
- Rear Camera: Dual, 20 MP with f/1.8 aperture + 2 MP depth sensor
- Front Camera: 16 MP with f/2.0 aperture
- OS & UI: Android Oreo 8.1; EMUI 8.2
- Battery: Li-Ion 3750 mAh battery
- Price in Nepal: 29,990
6Honor 20 Lite
The Honor 20 Lite is the latest mid-ranger from Honor, which is the successor of the Honor 10 Lite launched last year. The smartphone hasn’t brought much of an upgrade when the performance and design are considered. It comes with the same gradient plastic back and Kirin 710 chipset. But what’s improved greatly is the cameras. Unlike 10 Lite, the Honor 20 Lite features three cameras on the rear panel. Apart from the main 24MP shooter and 2MP depth sensor, you get an 8MP ultra-wide-angle camera. With more cameras, you can get capture images with a wide range of perspectives.
Honor 20 Lite Specifications
- Display: 6.21-inches LTPS IPS LCD, Full HD+, 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- CPU: HiSilicon Kirin 710
- GPU: Mali-G51 MP4
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie with EMUI 9 on top
- RAM: 4 GB
- Storage: 128 GB, expandable
- Rear camera: Triple – 24 MP, f/1.8 (primary) + 8 MP, f/2.2 (ultra-wide) + 2 MP, f/2.4 (depth)
- Front Camera: 32 MP, f/2.0
- Battery: 3,400 mAh non-removable Li-Po battery
- SIM(s): Dual Hybrid SIM
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), Accelerometer, Proximity, and Compass
- Price: Rs. 32,500 [Available for Rs. 30,000]
5Huawei Nova 3i
Huawei Nova 3i was one of the best selling mid-range smartphones of 2018. Even on today’s date, it’s one of the notable handsets at its price. And that’s mainly because of its cameras. The phone rocks with a dual-camera setup both on the front and on the rear panels. These cameras are also said to be AI-powered. So you can expect some amazing normal and portrait images from both cameras.
The Nova 3i also looks compelling because of its design. The device looks premium in its glass back and the gradient color tones simply look mind-blowing.
Huawei Nova 3i Specifications:
- Display: 6.3 inches IPS display
- Resolution: Full-HD+ with 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: Huawei Kirin 710
- CPU: 4×2.2 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.7 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: Mali-G51 MP4
- RAM: 4GB
- ROM: 128GB (uses SIM 2 slot)
- OS: Android Oreo 8.1 with EMUI 8.2 on top
- Front camera: 24+2 MP (depth sensor)
- Rear camera: 16 MP f/2.2+ 2MP depth-sensing camera
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear), Accelerometer, Proximity, Gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery: Li-Po 3340 mAh battery
- Color Options: Iris Purple, Black, Pearl White
- Price: Rs. 32,990 [Available for Rs. 30,000]
4Samsung Galaxy A50
The Samsung Galaxy A50 is one of the most sought after mid-range smartphones in Nepal at the moment. The Galaxy A50 comes with 6.4-inch Full-HD Super AMOLED display, which looks sharp and punchy. Under the display comes a fingerprint scanner. And the Galaxy A50 is the least expensive smartphone in Nepal to feature this fancy technology.
On to the camera front, the phone embraces a camera triplets at its back. And this offers a wide range of possibilities while capturing the images. The A50 is also equally compelling when its battery is considered. There is a sizable 4000mAh battery, which promises to last long.
Samsung Galaxy A50 Specifications:
- Display: 6.4-inch Super AMOLED display
- Resolution: Full-HD+ (2340×1080 pixels); 19.5:9 aspect ratio @ 403PPI
- Chipset: Exynos 9610 Octa
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.6 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G71 MP3
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB; Expandable up to 512GB (Dedicated SD Card Slot)
- OS & UI: Android 9.0 (Pie) with Samsung’s OneUI on the top
- Rear Camera: Triple camera – (25 MP, f/1.7, PDAF) + (8 MP, f/2.2, 12mm, (ultrawide)) + (5 MP, f/2.2, depth sensor), LED flash
- Front Camera: 25MP, f/2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display), Gyro, accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery: 4000mAh with 15watt fast charging support; USB Type-C port
- Colors: Blue, White, Coral, and Black
- Price: Rs. 31,490 [Available for Rs. 30,000]
- Buy Here
3Huawei Y9 Prime 2019
Huawei’s first phone to sport a pop-up camera is actually a mid-range phone of sorts. The phone launched in January in the international market but took some time to arrive in the South Asian market. However, it is here, and with a notch-less clean display at this price range, this is definitely an attractive phone.
Of course, being a mid-range phone, it packs the Huawei’s go-to mid-range chipset, the Kirin 710, but that’s not a bad chipset by any means. Also, it has a triple camera setup at the back – which means, there’s an ultra-wide camera in there, too. This is the only other phone besides the Galaxy A50 to sport one on this list.
Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 Specifications:
- Display: 6.59-inch IPS LCD with Full-HD+ resolution (1080× 2340 pixels); 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- Rear Camera: Triple camera – (16 MP, f/1.8, wide) + (8 MP, (ultrawide)) + (2 MP, depth sensor), LED flash
- Front Camera: 16MP, f/2.0
- Chipset: Hisilicon Kirin 710F
- CPU: octa-core (4×2.2 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4 x 1.7 GHz Cortex-A53 )
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB
- OS & UI: Android 9.0 (Pie) with EMUI 9
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), Gyro, accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery: 4000mAh, USB Type-C port
- Colors: Emerald Green, Mid-night black, Sapphire Blue
- Price: Rs. 29,990
2Redmi Note 7 Pro
Despite Redmi’s statements that the Redmi Note 7 Pro was to be exclusive for China and India only, they brought the phone to Nepali markets. Of course, it was late…in fact, very late. Nonetheless, it doesn’t change the fact that the Redmi Note 7 Pro is a great mid-range device. In addition, the pricing, too, seems just right!
Redmi Note 7 Pro’s popularity comes from the powerful Snapdragon 675, and that 48 MP Sony rear camera. So, that is enough to make it, right now, the best phone under Rs.30000.
- Display: 6.3-inch IPS LCD display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Resolution: Full-HD+ (2340×1080 pixels), 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 675
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Kryo 460 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 460 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 612
- RAM: 4 GB / 6 GB
- Storage: 64/128GB; Expandable up to 256GB (Uses SIM2 Slot)
- OS & UI: Android Pie (v9) with MIUI 10 on the top
- Rear Camera: 48 MP f/1.8 + 5 MP, f/2.4 depth sensor with LED flash
- Front Camera: 13MP, f/2.2
- Battery: 4000mAh battery with 18W (9V/2A) fast charging support; Uses USB Type-C
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Price: Rs.24,999 (4 GB) / Rs.29,999 (6 GB)
The Pocophone F1 was the best value-for-money device when it launched. And due to its limited availability in some markets, it still is. In Nepal, the Pocophone F1 has been somewhat elusive – appearing, disappearing and reappearing again in the online stores it is available at. Right now, it’s coming back again at a discounted price on Sastodeal! Hence, the Pocophone F1 makes it in this list now.
The best thing about this phone is its powerful processor – the Snapdragon 845 at this price, is unbeatable. And even though the phone has a cheap build, other things about it are good enough, actually – some are even better than other phones. And with this, it makes the top of the list.
Pocophone F1 Specifications:
- Display: 6.18-inches IPS LCD with Full HD+ resolution (1080 x 2246 pixels)
- Rear Camera: Dual, 12 MP f/1.8 + 5 MP depth sensor, Dual LED flash, Panorama, HDR, etc.
- Front Camera: 20 MP f/2.0
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 845
- CPU: Octa-core 4×2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 385 Silver
- GPU: Adreno 630
- RAM: 6 or 8 GB
- Storage: 64 or 128 or 256 GB
- Operating System: Android Pie 9.0
- Battery: 4,000 mAh Li-Po non-removable with Quick charge 3.0
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/c/b/g/n, WiFi Direct, Hotspot, Bluetooth 5.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), Accelerometer, Proximity, Gyro, Barometer, Compass, Infrared Face Recognition.
- Price: Rs. 29,999 [Available Exclusively from SastoDeal]