Here is our list of the top Smartphones under 30000 in Nepal. These Android phones offer excellent “value for money” with good performance, features and quality at mid-range price points and are recommended for users with a budget of under Rs.30,000 in Nepal.
10Oppo A5 2020
Oppo A5 2020 is the latest addition in Oppo’s lineup. The phone comes with a camera-centric approach. And the presence of the Quad-camera setup readily cues that. The phone captures some decent-looking images with good colors and decent saturation. However, the images do not look quite as sharp as that of the A9 2020. Portrait images also look decent and the wide-angle shots are doesn’t have color-shifting issues. However, the images tend to look overprocessed at times. And I also found the micro-lens here to be really gimmicky.
Talking about the front camera, it does an okay job. And the images captured from it can readily be posted to the social media sites. However, edge detection on the portrait images is inconsistent.
Even on the performance front, the A5 2020 is a decent performer. With the Snapdragon 665 chipset backed by 4GB of RAM, the phone handles most of the tasks without a fuss. But while playing graphics-heavy games like PUBG, the phone tends to stutter a little. On the storage side, there is 128GB of onboard storage, which can be enough for the most.
The battery life of the device is also really impressive here. The phone easily lasts for two full days on normal use. Since the phone has a big battery, charging the phone is a pain in the neck. It takes quite a lot of time to get the device refilled. And the phone also doesn’t come with a fast charger inside the box and that’s a big disappointment.
Oppo is just offering an HD+ display on this device. And considering the price, it’s really a bummer. The ColorOS also may not please everyone.
Oppo A5 2020 Specifications:
- Display: 6.5-inch (1600 x 720 pixels) HD+ display
- SoC: Qualcomm Snapdragon 665
- CPU: Octa-core (Quad 2GHz Kryo 260G + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260S)
- GPU: Adreno 610 GPU
- Memory: 4GB RAM, 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie) with ColorOS 6.0
- SIM: Dual SIM + Dedicated SD Card Slot
- Rear Camera: Quad Cameras
– 12MP primary with 1.25μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture
– 8MP wide-angle
– 2MP macro lens
– 2MP depth sensor
- Front Camera: 8MP with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor: Yes, rear-mounted
- Connectivity: 3.5 mm audio jack, FM Radio, Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou
- Battery: 5000mAh battery with reverse charging
- Oppo A5 2020 Price in Nepal: Rs. 27,990
9Huawei Y9 Prime 2019
Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 is the least expensive phone in Nepal to feature a pop-up selfie camera. On the back, you get a triple camera setup. And looking at the camera module, one can easily guess that this phone is targeted at the people, who are into smartphone photography. And the cameras on this device take decent images in the ambient light.
Another reason to choose the Y9 Prime 2019 is its display. As it uses Full-HD IPS panel, there is nothing so special in terms of colors, sharpness, and contrast but the display here looks really immersive. And that’s because of the absence of thick bezels, notches, and punch-hole cutouts.
The battery life is also impressive here. Because of the beefy 4000mAh battery and software-level optimizations from Huawei, the battery life extends to around two days on normal use. It also has a USB Type-C port, which is a plus point.
But the processor here is not as powerful as its competitors. So you are a heavy user and more into the games, the phone may not please you much. And because of the US ban, there can be complications on the software updates.
Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 Specifications:
- Display: 6.59-inch IPS LCD with Full-HD+ resolution (1080× 2340 pixels); 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- Rear Camera: Triple camera – (16 MP, f/1.8, wide) + (8 MP, (ultrawide)) + (2 MP, depth sensor), LED flash
- Front Camera: 16MP, f/2.0 pop-up selfie camera
- Chipset: Hisilicon Kirin 710F
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.2 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4 x 1.7 GHz Cortex-A53 )
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB
- OS & UI: Android 9.0 (Pie) with EMUI 9
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), Gyro, accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery: 4000mAh, USB Type-C port
- Colors: Emerald Green, Mid-night black, Sapphire Blue
- Price: Rs. 29,990
8Xiaomi MI A3
Custom UI on smartphones comes with lots of bloatware. But you don’t have to worry about that on the Xiaomi MI A3. The phone comes with a stock version of Android. Apart from being free from bloatware, the MI A3 is also promised with regular software update up to two years and security patches from Google itself for three years. So you want a clean-looking UI on the phone, you can’t go wrong with the MI A3.
But that’s not all, the phone also looks good when it comes to design. It features a glass back with corning gorilla glass 5 protection on the top. And because of that, the phone feels more premium and more sturdy than its competitors.
You also get a decent gaming and camera performance from the device. However, the chipset allows you to play PUBG smoothly only at low settings. Battery life is great however. So even after the prolonged gaming sessions, you will still have some battery juice left on your phone. However, you don’t get a fast charger inside the box and charging the device takes quite a while.
The phone comes with a Super AMOLED display, which is a noteworthy switch from the IPS display on the MI A2. But unlike the MI A2, the resolution here is just HD+. So the contents don’t look as sharp. Also, the display is quite dim. So you may not be able to view the contents on the screen while using it on the harsh light. Furthermore, the in-display fingerprint scanner here is really slow.
Xiaomi Mi A3 Specifications
- Design: Glass body front and back, Aluminum frame
- Display: 6.01″ Super AMOLED display with Gorilla Glass 5 Protection
- Resolution: HD+ resolution (720 x 1560 pixels) @ 286 PPI
- Rear Camera: Triple, 48 MP primary lens with f/1.8 aperture + 8 MP Ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture + 2 MP depth sensor f/2.4 aperture
- Front Camera: 32 MP f/2.0 aperture
- OS: Android 9.0; Android One
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 665; 11nm platform
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- RAM: 4GB/6GB
- Storage: 64GB/128GB; Expandable up to 256GB via SD card slot
- Battery: 4030 mAh, 18-W Fast Charging
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Price: Rs. 23,999 (4/64GB) | Rs. 27,999 (6/128GB)
Oppo F11 Pro is an amazing device and the vanilla F11 shares most of the niceties with its ‘Pro’ variant. The phone comes with an appealing design. The phone is wrapped around with plastic material. However, it feels as premium as a glass back. And with the triple-tone color gradient, the handset looks quite stunning.
The Helio P70 processor is a capable chipset. So the performance is quite smooth. And with the 4GB RAM on the board, you can also multitask between a number of apps without an issue. But while playing graphics-enriched games like PUBG, you can get smooth performance only at low settings. On high settings, you will start to notice some stutters.
Cameras on the device are impressive. Be it a normal image, portrait or selfies, you get decent colors and sharpness. However, the images look overprocessed at times. And the lack of ultra-wide-angle lens is dearly missed on this device.
Battery life is decent on the device and you also get a fast charger inside the box. So there is nothing to worry on that part. But there is still Micro USB port, which looks quite outdated these days.
Oppo F11 Specifications
- Display: 6.53-inch LTPS IPS LCD Full HD+ display, 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- CPU: Octa-core MediaTek Helio P70
- PU: Mali-G72 MP3
- OS: Android 9 Pie with ColorOS 6 on top
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 128GB, Expandable up to 256GB via SD card
- Rear Camera: Dual: (48MP, f/1.8, 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF) + (5MP, f/2.4, 1/5”, 1.12µm), LED flash
- Front Camera: 16MP selfie camera, f/2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (Rear-mounted), Accelerometer, Gyro, Proximity, Compass
- Battery: 4,000 mAh with VOOC 3.0 Flash Charging technology; Micro USB charging port
- Price: Rs. 31,990 (Available for Rs. 30,000)
6Samsung Galaxy M30s
The Samsung Galaxy M30s is the most noteworthy of all. The phone comes with a humongous battery and promises an enduring battery life. With 6000mAh battery on the board and with the power-efficient Super AMOLED display, the battery life can go from 2.5 to 3 days on the normal use. The phone also comes with a 15-watt fast charger inside the box. Nonetheless, because of its massive battery, the phone will take slightly more than 2.5 hours to get it fully charged.
As for the cameras, you get a 48MP Samsung ISOCELL GW2, which captures amazing images. The edge detection, however, is not so consistent. The wide-angle camera also captures decent images. However, one might notice a slight shift in colors. In a similar fashion, selfies look decent.
Powering the device is an Exynos 9611 chipset just like on the more expensive Galaxy A50s. Since the chipset here is fairly capable, performance is quite smooth on the device. You can even play PUBG smoothly at high settings.
Although the phone packs impressive stuffs in terms of hardware, the phone doesn’t look so appealing when it comes to design. The plastic back on the phone looks really cheap. So this phone might not be for everyone. But you can conceal it by putting on a good case though.
Samsung Galaxy M30s Specifications
- Display: 6.4-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ Infinity-U Super AMOLED display
- Chipset: Exynos 9611
- CPU: Octa-Core (Quad 2.3GHz Cortex A73+ Quad 1.7GHz Cortex A53)
- GPU: Mali-G72MP3 GPU
- RAM: 4/6GB LPDDR4x RAM
- ROM: 64/128GB (UFS 2.1), expandable up to 512GB via micro SD card
- OS: Android Pie 9.0 with One UI 1.5
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Back Camera: 48MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, Samsung GW2 sensor, 8MP 123° ultra-wide-angle camera with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture
- Front Camera: 16MP with f/2.0 aperture, Samsung SK3P8SP sensor
- Security: Fingerprint sensor (rear-mounted), Face unlock
- Audio: Dolby Atmos Support
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Battery: 6000mAh with 15W fast charging (via Type C)
- Price: Rs. 27,990 (for 4/64GB variant)
5Redmi Note 7 Pro
Redmi Note 7 Pro is the best-selling phone from Xiaomi. And if the specs on the device is considered, it will start to look obvious.
The packs a powerful Snapdragon 675 chipset. So the performance is really fluid here. It can run almost all the games at an impressive frame rate. Multitasking is also quite smooth here. But the heavy MIUI 10 may not please everyone and Ads tend to appear here and there, which can be really frustrating.
The camera is decent on the phone. It captures a sufficient amount of details. However, colors look washed out most of the times. The images also look overprocessed at times, which is more pronounced in the images with human subjects. edge-detection, however, looks consistent. Selfies look decent, however, on portrait selfies, edge detection is not that great. Most of the times, some part of the hair is also blurred.
Battery life is decent though. You can easily push the battery life for more than a day on the normal use. But you don’t get a fast charger inside the box. And the stock charger inside the box takes more than 2.5 hours to fully refill the battery.
Redmi Note 7 Pro Specifications:
- Display: 6.3-inch IPS LCD display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Resolution: Full-HD+ (2340×1080 pixels), 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 675
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Kryo 460 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 460 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 612
- RAM: 4 GB / 6 GB
- Storage: 64/128GB; Expandable up to 256GB (Uses SIM2 Slot)
- OS & UI: Android Pie (v9) with MIUI 10 on the top
- Rear Camera: 48 MP f/1.8 + 5 MP, f/2.4 depth sensor with LED flash
- Front Camera: 13MP, f/2.2
- Battery: 4000mAh battery with 18W (9V/2A) fast charging support; Uses USB Type-C
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Price: Rs.24,999 (4/64GB) / Rs.29,999 (6/128GB)
4Samsung Galaxy A50
Samsung Galaxy A50 is Samsung’s best-selling midrange. And it has a good reason to be. For the price and considering the specs, it surely is one of the best smartphones under 30000 in Nepal.
Design-wise, the phone looks quite appealing. It has got a Glasstic back nonetheless because of the rainbow sheen on the back and due to the ergonomics, it feels good on the hands.
As for the cameras, you get a triple camera shooter. There is a 25MP primary shooter, which captures decent images. It, however, captures images at 12MP resolution by default. You can capture images at full resolution (25MP) by toggling the aspect ratio to “3:4H”. But while capturing the images via a wide-angle lens, the color tends to shift a little. But the images look decent with a slight distortion across the edges. In a similar fashion, selfies look good from the A50.
Performance is also noteworthy here. With Exynos 9610 processor at the helm, you get a dependable performance. You also get a commendable battery life on the A50. However, the in-display fingerprint scanner is rather slow.
Samsung Galaxy A50 Specifications:
- Display: 6.4-inch Super AMOLED display
- Resolution: Full-HD+ (2340×1080 pixels); 19.5:9 aspect ratio @ 403PPI
- Chipset: Exynos 9610 Octa
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.6 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G71 MP3
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB; Expandable up to 512GB (Dedicated SD Card Slot)
- OS & UI: Android 9.0 (Pie) with Samsung’s OneUI on the top
- Rear Camera: Triple camera – (25 MP, f/1.7, PDAF) + (8 MP, f/2.2, 12mm, (ultrawide)) + (5 MP, f/2.2, depth sensor), LED flash
- Front Camera: 25MP, f/2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display), Gyro, accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery: 4000mAh with 15-watt fast charging support; USB Type-C port
- Colors: Blue, White, Coral, and Black
- Price: Rs. 29,490
3Samsung Galaxy M40
The display and the battery were the major highlights on the Galaxy A50. And to differentiate itself from the A50, the Galaxy M40 comes with a more capable processor and a better design.
The phone is ergonomically sound and fits snuggly on the hands. And unlike the Galaxy A50, which comes with a notch on the top, Galaxy M40 features a punch-hole cutout, which rather looks more premium. But the M40 uses a PLS LCD display. So the colors and contrast don’t look as impressive.
Powering the device is a Snapdragon 675 chipset with 6GB of RAM alongside. A capable processor paired with a beefy RAM makes the device absolutely fluid. On the storage front, you get 128GB of onboard memory, which can b sufficient for most of the users. Furthermore, the phone also has a decent set of cameras.
However, the phone has a relatively smaller 3500mAh battery, which struggles to last one full day on normal use. Nonetheless, you get a 15-watt fast charger inside the box. But what’s truly disappointing on the device is the lack of 3.5mm headphone jack.
Samsung Galaxy M40 Specifications:
- Display: 6.3-inch PLS LCD panel with Full HD+ resolution, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- CPU: Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 675
- GPU: Adreno 612
- OS: Android Pie (v9.0) with One UI on top
- RAM: 6 GB
- Storage: 128 GB
- Rear camera: Triple, 32 MP primary with f/1.7 aperture + 8 MP ultra-wide + 5 MP depth sensor
- Front Camera: 16 MP
- Battery: 3500 mAh with 15-Watt fast charging
- SIM(s): Dual Hybrid SIM
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), Accelerometer, Gyro, proximity, compass
- Price: Rs. 29,990
Pocophone F1 remained awfully notorious in the Nepali market. First of it launched quite a while after the launch in the international market. Secondly, it appeared and reappeared in the Nepali market with any prior notices. And that caused inconvenience on the customers’ side. Nonetheless, it’s available now at SastoDeal and is one of the noteworthy devices under 30000.
The most impressive aspect of the device is its performance. It comes with Snapdragon 845 chipset with 6GB of RAM alongside. Snapdragon 845 is the flagship chipset of last year and it easily outperforms all the midrangers available at a similar price.
Cameras are also decent on the phone. Although the colors get washed out at times, sharpness and exposure are rather impressive. Selfies from the phone are also decent enough. Similarly, the battery life is quite praiseworthy. And the inclusion of 18-watt fast charger is also commendable.
Furthermore, the presence of stereo speakers and the 3D face unlock feature has made the device quite compelling. However, the phone doesn’t look so good when it comes to design. Because of the plastic back, the phone feels cheap on the hold and on the use. Similarly, due to the wide notch on the phone, the display looks ugly and obtrusive.
Pocophone F1 Specifications:
- Display: 6.18-inches IPS LCD with Full HD+ resolution (1080 x 2246 pixels)
- Rear Camera: Dual, 12 MP f/1.8 + 5 MP depth sensor, Dual LED flash, Panorama, HDR, etc.
- Front Camera: 20 MP f/2.0
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 845
- CPU: Octa-core 4×2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 385 Silver
- GPU: Adreno 630
- RAM: 6 or 8 GB
- Storage: 64 or 128 or 256 GB
- Operating System: Android Pie 9.0
- Battery: 4,000 mAh Li-Po non-removable with Quick charge 3.0
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/c/b/g/n, WiFi Direct, Hotspot, Bluetooth 5.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), Accelerometer, Proximity, Gyro, Barometer, Compass, Infrared Face Recognition.
- Price: Rs. 29,999 [Available Exclusively from SastoDeal]
For a midrange phone, Vivo S1 has nailed most of the aspects gracefully. That’s why it’s on the top spot on our list.
The phone flaunts Super AMOLED display with Full-HD resolution. So apart from looking sharp, the colors also look impressive on its screen. And the fingerprint scanner, which resides beneath the display is really fast.
Cameras have always been a strong suit of all the Vivo phones and that continued on the Vivo S1 as well. The phone captures amazing images with a sufficient amount of details, great colors and a good dynamic range. Portrait and wide-angle images are also quite noteworthy. Talking about the selfies, they have a good balance of colors and maintain exposure levels very well. However, the skin tone doesn’t look very natural.
As for the battery, the 4500mAh battery provides an enduring battery life. In that context, the Super AMOLED display is also power-efficient due to which the battery backup extends even further. As for the performance, the Helio P65 processor lets you PUBG smoothly at low settings. And that’s understandable for the price.
However, the phone comes with a Micro USB port, which is turning obsolete these days. Also, using the FunTouch OS is no fun at all. The UI on the device is a blatant copy of the iPhone, which may not be everyone’s cup of tea.
Vivo S1 Specifications:
- Display: 6.53″ (1080 x 2340 pixels) Super AMOLED
- Rear Camera: Triple, 16 MP (f/1.78) primary + 8 MP (f/2.2) ultrawide + 5 MP depth sensor (f/2.4)
- Front Camera: 32 MP (f/2.0)
- Processor: MediaTek Helio P65
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Cortex-A75 & 6×1.7 GHz Cortex-A55)
- RAM: 4/6GB
- Storage: 128 GB onboard, expandable up to 256 GB
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie, FunTouch OS 9
- Battery: 4500 mAh, 18W Fast Charging
- Sensors: UD Fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Price (4/128GB): Rs. 31,490 [Available for Rs. 30,000]