Earlier this year, Samsung unveiled its second foldable smartphone – Galaxy Z Flip. And now, the company has improved the internals of the device and announced Galaxy Z Flip 5G. Check out the specs, features, expected price, and availability of the new Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G in Nepal.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G Overview
The latest chipset
When the original Z Flip was unveiled, people complained about how the company failed to fit in the latest processor despite the hefty price tag. The Galaxy Z Flip 5G is the solution that Samsung came up with. It packs in the latest Snapdragon 865+ chipset and is the first non-gaming smartphone to have the processor. It’s a generation ahead of the last year’s Snapdragon 855+ that was used in the original Z Flip.
While the new chipset has an obvious performance boost over its predecessor, it also makes the device 5G-ready. The device supports sub-6GHz 5G with Dynamic Spectrum Sharing. Similarly, the device also comes with Wi-Fi 6.
The Flex Mode
The new Galaxy Z Flip 5G also comes with some software tweaks for a better user experience. The major change is the inclusion of the improved Flex model. During the launch of the Z Flip, Samsung showed off how the device was capable of standing on its own. When the device is opened with the upper and lower half of the screen at 90-degree to each other, the lower half can support the weight of the upper half. When the new Z Flip 5G is on this free-standing mode, it will trigger the Flex Mode.
This splits the screen into two sections with 4-inch halves each. The upper half will view the content, whereas the bottom half will provide control options. It will be more useful while streaming Youtube content. The upper screen will be reserved for the video, while the lower screen will display descriptions and comments.
Samsung claims the inclusion of the new SoC and the 5G modem has not added any weight to the device. The 5G variant of the Z Flip is as compact as its 4G counterpart. To differentiate the two models, Samsung has added two new color options. The Z Flip 5G is now available in Mystic Gray and Mystic Bronze.
Rest of the specs
The rest of the specs remains pretty much unchanged. It includes the 6.7-inch FHD+ AMOLED display. The device comes with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of internal storage. Similarly, the device features a 3,300mAh dual battery setup.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G Specifications:
- Body: Unfolded (73.6 x 167.3 x 7.2mm); Folded (73.6 x 87.4 x 17.4mm); 183 gm
- Display: Main (6.7-inches Dynamic AMOLED panel); External (1.1-inches Super AMOLED “Cover Display” )
- Resolution: Main (FHD+: 2636 x 1080 pixels; 21.9:9 aspect ratio); External (300 x 112 pixels)
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 865+; 7nm Mobile Platform
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.09 GHz Cortex A77 & 3×2.40 GHz Cortex A77 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex A55)
- RAM: 8GB
- Storage: 256GB UFS 3.0 (non-expandable)
- Software & UI: Android 10 with One UI 2.0 on top
- Rear Camera: Dual-camera;
– 12MP, f/1.8 primary sensor; Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS
– 12MP, f/2.2 ultra-wide lens
– Single LED flash
- Front Camera: 10MP, f/2.4 aperture; PDAF
- Fingerprint sensor: Side-mounted
- 3.5mm Audio Jack: No
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band (2.4 & 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, GPS/AGPS/GLONASS, USB Type-C
- Battery: 3,300 mAh battery with 15W fast charging; wireless & reverse-wireless charging
- Colors: Mystic Gray, Mystic Bronze
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G Price in Nepal and Availability
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip will be available in the US starting from August 7 with a price tag of $1,499.99. It’s unlikely the device will ever make its way to the Nepali market. However, you could still find the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G in Nepal via unofficial channels with a price around NPR 2,05,000.
|Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G||$1,499.99||August 7 (US)|
- Check out our impressions of the new OnePlus Nord!