Sony launched the WF-1000XM5 wireless earbuds, which are the successor to 2021’s wildly popular WF-1000XM4 back in July. These bring some significant upgrades over their predecessors all across the board and are now available in Nepal as well. In this article, I will be discussing all the features, specifications, and official price in Nepal of the Sony WF-1000XM5.
Sony WF-1000XM5 Overview:
Compared to the XM4s, these new earbuds bear a much more compact design. Sony says the WF-1000XM5 is roughly 25% smaller and 20% lighter (5.9 gm < 7.3 gm), which should make a much more comfortable fit. Moreover, these earbuds have polyurethane foam material ear tips for better comfort and seal.
The charging case has been redesigned into a more compact piece too. Sony has replaced the wide LED battery indicator on the WF-1000XM4 with a subtle circular one instead. Whereas you now get a separate button at the back for initial pairing. Just like on Apple’s AirPods. You get two color options to choose from here: Silver and Black. The earbuds are also IPX4 water-resistant and have a USB-C port for charging.
Sony WF-1000XM5 brings an entirely new 8.4mm Dynamic Driver X, for richer audio overall. It supports High-Res Audio Wireless via the LDAC codec plus Sony’s DSEE Extreme technology, enabling the upscaling of compressed audio in real-time. And the new V2 integrated processor and QN2e noise-canceling processor also enable precision 24-bit audio processing here. Other than this, it is also 360 Reality Audio certified for head-tracking function.
The earbuds come with three microphones per earbud. What’s even better is the bone conduction sensors to ensure precise voice pickup for clear calls even in noisy environments. Pair that with the AI-based Deep Neural Network (DNN) tech, Sony is promising its “best ever call quality” with the WF-1000XM5.
- Also Read:
- PlayStation 5 Pro to bring 8K gaming support and more
- Sony’s flagship headphones, WH-1000XM5, finally arrives in Nepal
- Sony WF-C700N earbuds launched with ANC, IPX4 water resistance
Battery and Charging
Even though Sony has shrunk down the physical size of the earbuds, the WF-1000XM5 is still rated to last up to 8 hours on a full charge with ANC on as its predecessor. Or 4 hours more with ANC off. It’s the same thing with the charging case as well, offering 24/36 hours of charge with ANC on/off. A quick 3-minute charge gets you an hour of playback, whereas a full charge takes 1.5 hours. It supports wired charging via the USB-C port and wireless charging as well.
Rest of the specs
These earbuds connect to devices via Bluetooth 5.3 and on Android devices, it supports Google Fast Pair too. Other than this, the WF-1000XM5 also brings true multipoint connectivity, allowing you to pair it with two devices at the same time. For playback control, activating ANC, answering calls, and more, there’s a touch panel on both earbuds.
Sony WF-1000XM5 Specifications:
- Weight: 5.9 gm (each earbud), 39 gm (case)
- Water Resistance: Yes (IPX4)
- Color Options: Silver, black
- Sound Driver: 8.4mm Dynamic Driver X
- Frequency Response:
- 20 Hz – 20 kHz (44.1 kHz sampling)
- 20 Hz – 40 kHz (LDAC 96 kHz sampling 990 kbps)
- Microphone: 3 microphones on each earbud
- Audio Codecs: AAC, SBC, LDAC, LC3
- Noise Cancellation: Yes (with Ambient Sound Mode, Quick Attention)
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.3
- Companion App: Sony Headphone Connect (Android | iOS)
- Control: Touch-sensitive area in each earbud
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Bone conduction, Proximity
- Battery Life: 8/12 hours continuous playback (ANC on/off)
- Other Features: DSEE Extreme, 360 Reality Audio, Multipoint Connect, Speak-to-Chat
Sony WF-1000XM5 Price in Nepal and Availability
The official Sony WF-1000XM5 price in Nepal is NPR 47,000. It’s available in both black and white colorways and you can buy it in Nepal from Nepa Hima, which is the authorized distributor of Sony products in the country.
|TWS Earbuds||Price in Nepal||Availability|
|Sony WF-1000XM5||NPR 47,000||Nepa Hima (Daraz)|
- Check out our Sony WF-1000XM5 review