The lower mid-range segment of smartphones has got a lot of great contenders for the crown. An average consumer could very easily and wrongfully be swayed by those cheeky smartphone pushers. Therefore it is necessary to know what you’re buying before going on to buy them. At the price of Rs. 20000, you can get a lot of great phones. Here is our pick for the best phones under 20000 in Nepal.
7. Vivo Y11 (2019)
Starting off this list of best phones under NPR 20000 in Nepal is the Vivo Y11 (2019). Featuring a Snapdragon SoC and fairly modern design, this phone is quite an eye candy; especially the rear panel. It comes in either Coral Red and Jade Green color options that reflect differently depending upon how light hits the surface. The back panel houses the fingerprint sensor.
Coming forward, the 6.35-inches Halo LCD display features a V-shaped notch for the 8MP front-facing camera. It has a minimal HD+ resolution and a sharpness of 268PPI of sharpness. At the back, you’ll find the dual-AI camera that constitutes a 13MP primary lens and a 2MP depth sensor. In the processing front is the 12nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 chipset.
This has been paired with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage. There is a dedicated SD card slot to expand the storage. However, the most interesting feature of this phone definitely is its massive 5000mAh battery. It charges quite slow via the 10W charger which uses a micro-USB connection.
Vivo Y11 (2019) Specifications:
- Body: 6.28 x 3.02 x 0.35 inches; 190.5 gm
- Display: 6.35-inches “Halo” LCD display
- Resolution: HD+ (1544 x 720 pixels)
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 439; 12nm Mobile Platform
- CPU: Octa-core (Quad-core 1.95 GHz Cortex A53, Quad-core 1.45GHz Cortex A53)
- GPU: Adreno 505
- RAM: 3GB
- Storage: 32GB (expandable up to 256GB via a dedicated microSD card)
- Software & UI: Android 9.0 (Pie) with Vivo’s Funtouch OS 9.1
- Rear Camera: Dual-camera; 13MP f/2.2 primary lens, 2MP f/2.4 depth sensor
- Front Camera: 8MP, f/1.8 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor: Physical (rear-mounted)
- Audio: 3.5mm audio jack
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM (Nano), WiFi 802.11 b/g/n (2.4G), Bluetooth 4.0, GPS/GLONASS/GALILEO/BeiDou, Micro-USB
- Battery: 5000 mAh battery with 10W Charging
- Colors: Coral Red, Jade Green
- Price: Rs. 18,590 (3/32GB)
6. Redmi 8
Next up is Xiaomi’s Redmi 8. The phone has a ravishing design which uses a hard plastic material at the back. And it feels quite premium in the hand compared to other budget smartphones. On top of this, Redmi 8’s front is also protected by Corning’s Gorilla Glass 5 which is another absolute rarity on a phone of this price range. Available in three color options like the Onyx Black, Sapphire Blue, and Ruby Red, the final two look quite enticing.
At the front lies the 6.22-inches HD+ display with a teardrop notch at the center. Besides the 8MP selfie cameras, Redmi 8 has a dual-lens setup at the back consisting of a 12MP Sony IMX363 sensor and a 2MP depth sensor. Even though the primary lens is the same as in Google’s Pixel 3, don’t expect similar photos to come out of Redmi 8.
In the performance end, you’ll find the same Snapdragon 439 as in Vivo Y11. It actually is a downgrade from its predecessor, Redmi 7 which is powered by the much more powerful Snapdragon 632. This is coupled with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of expandable storage. Likewise, Redmi 8 also has a big 5000mAh battery which supports 18W charging via Type-C port. However, you’ll only get a 10W charger inside the box.
Redmi 8 Specifications:
- Display: 6.22-inch (1520 × 720 pixels) HD+ 19:9 with Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Chipset: Snapdragon 439
- CPU: Octa-Core (4 X 1.95GHz Cortex A53 + 4X 1.45GHz Cortex A53)
- GPU: Adreno 505 GPU
- RAM: 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable up to 512GB with microSD (dedicated)
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- SIM: Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Rear Camera: 12MP rear camera with LED flash, Sony IMX363 sensor, 1.4μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, 6P lens, Dual PD autofocus, secondary 2MP depth camera
- Front Camera: 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size
- Security: Fingerprint sensor, Face unlock
- Dimensions: 156.48×75.41×9.4mm; Weight: 188g
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C, 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Battery: 5000mAh with 18W fast charging (10W charger inside the box)
- Colors: Sapphire Blue, Ruby Red, Onyx Black
- Price: Rs. 16,499 (4/64GB)
5. Samsung Galaxy M11
At number 5 in this list of best phones under NPR 20000 in Nepal, we have Samsung’s Galaxy M11. Above all, the phone’s highlight feature is the Infinity-O display for the front-facing camera. The display itself is a 6.4-inches HD+ TFT LCD panel, which is slightly inferior to an IPS LCD display. Its single punch-hole cutout resides on the top left corner of the display which consists of an 8MP selfie camera.
As expected, the device is made of polycarbonate material where you’d also find the physical fingerprint sensor. There’s a vertical camera layout for the triple-lens system. You get a 13MP primary lens, a 5MP ultrawide camera, and finally a 2MP depth sensor. Performance-wise, the Galaxy M11 is powered by the Snapdragon 450 which has been coupled with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of expandable storage.
There’s also a 4/64GB variant but that’s not currently available in Nepal. As is the trend, the phone ships with a 5000mAh battery that supports 15W fast charging via the USB Type-C port. However, unlike the ones above, you get the fast charger inside the box itself which is great!
Samsung Galaxy M11 Specifications:
- Body: 6.35 x 3.00 x 0.35 inches; 197 gm
- Display: 6.4-inches PLS TFT LCD panel; 268PPI
- Resolution: HD+ (1560 x 720 pixels); 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: Snapdragon 450; 14nm Mobile Platform
- CPU: Octa-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: Adreno 506
- RAM: 3/4GB
- Storage: 32/64GB eMMC 5.1 (expandable via a Micro SD card)
- Software & UI: One UI 2.0 on top of Android 10
- Rear Camera: Triple-camera;
– 13MP, f/1.8 primary shooter
– 5MP, f/2.2 ultra-wide lens
– 2MP, f/2.4 depth sensor
– LED flash
- Front Camera: 8MP, f/2.0 lens
- Security: Fingerprint Scanner (Rear-mounted)
- Audio: 3.5mm headphone jack
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM (Nano), WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/AGPS/GLONASS/BDS, USB Type-C
- Battery: 5000mAh with 15W fast charging
- Colors: Black, Metallic Blue, Violet
- Price: Rs. 18,999 (3/32GB)
4. Realme C3
The Realme C3 was quite hyped for its gaming-centric Helio G70 chipset from MediaTek. And undoubtedly, it is the best SoC for a phone under this price range. As a result, the phone has managed to grab the number 4 spot in our list of best phones under NPR 20000 in Nepal. While its Indian variant has dual cameras, the global model of Realme C3 comes with triple camera setup and a fingerprint sensor as well. Yet, the global variant was rebranded as Narzo 10A for the Indian market.
And gaming on this device is quite enjoyable. CoD Mobile runs smoothly in low graphics and medium frame rate without any stutter or frame-drop. Similarly, PUBG Mobile is well playable on HD graphics and High refresh rate. Here, the Helio G70 has been paired with either 3 or 4GB of RAM with 32/64GB of storage. However, Realme C3 is only available in a 3/32GB configuration in Nepal. The Realme UI feels a little heavy and the RAM management surely could’ve been a lot better. Except for this, the C3’s performance is stellar.
Moreover, the phone has a 6.5-inches HD+ IPS LCD panel with a teardrop notch for the 5MP camera. At the back, you’re getting a triple camera setup with a 12MP primary lens, a 2MP macro lens, and a 2MP depth sensor. Finally, Realme C3 has a big 5000mAh battery that supports 10W wired charging on top of reverse charging. Unfortunately, it uses a micro USB port.
Realme C3 Specifications:
- Body: 6.47 x 2.95 x 0.35 inches; 195 gm; Corning Gorilla Glass; Splash-resistant design
- Display: 6.5-inches “Mini-drop” IPS LCD panel
- Resolution: HD+ (1600 x 720 pixels); 20:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio G70; 12nm Mobile Platform
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Cortex-A75 & 6×1.7 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali G52 (@820MHz)
- RAM: 3 / 4GB LPDDR4X
- Storage: 32 / 64GB eMMC 5.1 (expandable up to 256 via a microSD card)
- Software & UI: Android 10 with Realme UI 1.0 on top
- Rear Camera: Dual-camera;
– 12 MP, f/1.8 primary shooter
– 2MP depth sensor
– 2MP macro lens
– Single LED flash
- Front Camera: 5MP, f/2.4 aperture
- Security: Face-unlock, Fingerprint sensor
- Audio: 3.5mm headphone jack
- Connectivity: Dual Nano-SIM + MicroSD card, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/AGPS/GLONASS/BDS, MicroUSB 2.0
- Battery: 5000 mAh with 10W charging; 5V/2A; reverse charging
- Colors: Frozen Blue, Blazing Red
- Price: Rs. 16,990 (3/32GB)
3. OPPO A12
The next entry in our list of best phones under NPR 20000 in Nepal is the OPPO A12. It was recently launched in Nepal and the phone comes with a really attractive rear panel. You can notice geometric cutouts at the back which OPPO calls “3D Diamond Blaze” design. It is made of polycarbonate material so the phone’s hand-feel is quite good as well.
Upfront, you’re getting a 6.22-inches IPS LCD panel which is protected by Corning’s Gorilla Glass 3. The company has also included a “Blue Light Shield” that protects the user from harmful blue light. There’s a teardrop notch at the top of the device which houses the 5MP selfie camera. The bezels are quite minimal except for the one at the bottom. At the back, its dual camera with a 13MP primary camera and a 2MP portrait lens has been housed inside a pill-shaped cutout. Similarly, this is where you’d also find a fingerprint sensor.
Moving on to performance, OPPO A12 runs on MediaTek’s Helio P35 which is a really common SoC in budget phones. There are two memory variants: 3/32GB and 4/64GB. The storage is expandable too. In the battery front, this phone has a comparatively smaller 4230mAh cell compared to other phones on the list. Sadly, it charges via a micro USB cable.
Oppo A12 Specifications:
- Display: 6.22-inch LCD with HD resolution (720 x 1520 pixels); Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Rear Camera: Dual; 12MP primary lens, 2MP depth sensor
- Front Camera: 5MP
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio P35; 12nm mobile platform
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- RAM: 3/4GB
- Storage: 32/64GB; expandable up to 256GB
- Software: Android 9 with ColorOS 6.1 on top
- Battery: 4,230mAh
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass, g-sensor, light sensor, distance transducer
- Price: Rs. 18,590 (3/32GB) | Rs. 20,790 (4/64GB)
2. Realme 5i
OPPO’s subsidiary, Realme achieved huge success with its ‘5’ series of smartphones. But honestly, all the entries in the series, namely Realme 5, 5 Pro, 5s, and 5i share so similarities, it’s a little disappointing. Here, the Realme 5i is a comparatively cheaper option among the bunch. It comes with a similar quad-camera setup like the Realme 5, and a few cutbacks to make the phone cheap.
Talking about the cameras, you get a 12MP primary camera, an 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens, a 2MP depth sensor, and a 2MP macro lens. Upfront, there’s an 8MP selfie camera inside a traditional teardrop notch. This makes it the second phone with a quad-camera setup on our list.
Powering the Realme 5i is the Snapdragon 665 chipset coupled with either 3/4GB of RAM and 32/64GB of storage. So yeah, it’s got a decently performing chipset as well. However, Realme Nepal has only brought the 4/64GB variant in the country. The display here is a 6.52-inches HD+ IPS panel.
Realme 5i Specifications:
- Display: 6.52-inches IPS LCD, HD+ (1600 x 720 pixels), 20:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 (11nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie with ColorOS on top
- RAM: 3 / 4GB
- Storage: 32 / 64GB (expandable)
- Rear camera: Quad camera
– 12MP, f/1.8 primary lens
– 8MP, f/2.3 ultra-wide-angle lens
– 2MP, f/2.4 macro lens
– 2MP, f/2.4 depth sensor
- Front Camera: 8MP, f/2.0 lens
- Battery: 5,000 mAh non-removable Li-Po battery with 10W charging
- SIM(s): Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), Accelerometer, Proximity, and Compass
- Price: Rs. 21,790* (4/64GB)
1. Redmi 9
Finally, the number one spot in our list of best phones under NPR 20000 in Nepal goes to the new Redmi 9 from Xiaomi. It is the successor to Redmi 8 which ranked 6th in this list. Here, the phone brings quite a many upgrades from its predecessor and maybe a couple of downgrades too in the process. First, the design has been toned down to something subtler.
While the teardrop notch still remains, Xiaomi has gotten rid of the big chin at the bottom with the “Redmi” branding to a smaller bezel altogether. Most noticeably, Redmi 9 has quad-cameras as opposed to dual rear cameras in Redmi 8. This vertical camera arrangement looks similar to that of POCO X2 or the Redmi K30 which is complemented with a distinct circular layout around it. Unfortunately, Xiaomi has downgraded the Gorilla Glass 5 protection on Redmi 8’s display to an older Gorilla Glass 3 on the Redmi 9.
An FHD+ display!
Talking about the display, you get a bigger 6.53-inches FHD+ IPS LCD panel. That’s right. It is the only phone on this list with a sharper 1080p display. Getting to the cameras, you get a 13MP main lens, an 8MP wide-angle lens, a 5MP macro sensor, and finally a 2MP depth sensor. The front camera is an 8MP lens inside the aforementioned notch. Performance-wise, it has the latest Helio G80 SoC which is another gaming-focused silicon. It is complemented by either 3/4GB of RAM and up to 64GB of internal storage. It has a huge 5020mAh battery with support for 18W charging although you’ll only get a 10W charger inside the box.
Redmi 9 Specifications:
- imension: 163.32 x 77.01 x 9.1-mm
- Weight: 198g
- Display: 6.53-inch FHD+, 19:9, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio G80, 12nm FinFET
- CPU: Octa-core ( 2 x 2.0GHz ARM Cortex-A75 cores+ 6 x 1.8GHz ARM Cortex-A55 core)
- GPU: Mali-G52 MC2, 950 MHz
- RAM: 3GB / 4GB LPDDR4x
- Storage: 32GB / 64GB eMMC 5.1 (dedicated microSD card slot)
- Rear Camera: Quad;
– 13MP primary camera, FOV 75.2-degree, f/2.2, AF
– 8MP ultra-wide lens, FOV 118-degree, f/2.2, FF
– 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4
– 5MP macro lens (4cm) with f/2.4
- Front camera: 8MP, FOV 77.8-degree, f/2.0
- SIM: Dual SIM
- Security: Fingerprint sensor (rear,-mounted), Face unlock
- Sensors: Vibration, Distance sensor, Ambient Light, Accelerometer, e-compass, IR blaster
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC (limited availability), GPS/AGPS/GLONASS/Beidou
- Battery: 5020mAh with 18W fast charging
- Price: Rs. 16,999 (3/32GB) | Rs. 17,999 (4/64GB)
Summary list of best mobile phones under 20000 in Nepal (August 2020)
|S. No.||Best phones under 20000 in Nepal||Price in MRP|
|1||Redmi 9 (4/64GB)||Rs. 17,999|
|2||Realme 5i (4/64GB)||Rs. 21,790*|
|3||OPPO A12 (3/32GB)||Rs. 18,590|
|4||Realme C3 (3/32GB)||Rs. 16,990|
|5||Samsung Galaxy M11 (3/32GB)||Rs. 18,999|
|6||Redmi 8 (4/64GB)||Rs. 16,499|
|7||Vivo Y11 (2019) (3/32GB)||Rs. 18,590|
You might also like:
|Best Mobile Phones Under Rs. 10,000||Best Mobile Phones Under Rs. 15,000||Best Mobile Phones Under Rs. 30,000|
|Best Mobile Phones Under Rs. 40,000||Best Mobile Phones Under Rs. 50,000||Best Phones to Buy in Nepal|
Do you agree with our choice of the best smartphones under 20000 in Nepal, or do you want to add something to the list? Have your say in the comments section.