These days, Smartphones are launching every week or so, resulting in a dilemma on which one to go for—particularly in the sub 20K price segment. But don’t worry! We got you covered. In this article, we are going to narrow down your search by revealing the top smartphones under 20000 in Nepal.
OUR UPDATED LIST OF TOP SMARTPHONES UNDER 20000 IN NEPAL
10. Samsung Galaxy J7 Nxt
OVERALL RATING: 4.2 | PRICE: RS. 19,990
(DESIGN:4.4/5 | DISPLAY:4.2/5 | PERFORMANCE:3.9/5 | CAMERA:4.3/5 | BATTERY:4/5)
Priced at Rs. 19,990, the Samsung Galaxy J7 Nxt sports a 5.5-inch 720p display with a pixel density of 267ppi with no protection mentioned. It is powered by an Exynos 7870 Chipset (64-bit Cortex A53 Octacore @1.6Ghz) along with 2GB of RAM. Backing up this device is a 3000mAh battery which is not removable as it sports a full metal body.
The phone is equipped with a 13MP camera on both back and a 5MP camera on the front. The 5MP selfie shooter is also accompanied by a LED flash. So with this phone, low light will not be the reason to stop the selfie fanatics from taking shots.
Full Specs of Samsung Galaxy J7 Nxt
- 5.5-inch HD Super AMOLED display
- 1.6GHz Octa-Core 14nm Exynos 7870 processor with Mali T830 GPU
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB ROM, expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.9 aperture
- 5MP front camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture
- Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 3000mAh battery
- Price of Samsung Galaxy J7 Nxt in Nepal: Rs. 19,990
9. Sony Xperia XA Dual
OVERALL RATING: 4.3 | PRICE: RS. 19,000
(DESIGN:4.3/5 | DISPLAY:4.3/5 | PERFORMANCE:4.4/5 | CAMERA:4.5/5 | BATTERY:4/5)
Sony phones are well made and often the mid-tier devices are also of utmost quality like their flagship phones. The same thing applies here with the Xperia XA Dual, although a midrange phone, it comes with a solid premium build and minimal design.
The phone comes with a 5-inch 720p display, decent Helio P10 Chipset, 2GB RAM, and a 2300mAh battery but it’s in the camera department where it excels the competitors. It has 13MP primary camera with 1/3” IMX258 Exmor RS sensor that is capable of 1080p video recording. For the selfies, it has 8MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX219 Exmor R sensor and its best part is 88-degree wide-angle.
Full Specs of Sony Xperia XA Dual:
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) curved glass edge-to-edge display
- Octa-core MediaTek Helio P10 processor with Mali T860MP2 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 200GB via microSD card
- Android Marshmallow 6.0
- Dual SIM (nano+nano)
- 13MP Primary Camera with 1/3” IMX258 Exmor RS sensor, 1080p video recording.
- 8MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX219 Exmor R sensor, 88-degree wide-angle lens
- Dimensions: 143.6 x 66.8 x 7.9mm; Weight: 137.4g
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n , Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, NFC
- 2300 mAh battery with Qnovo’s Adaptive Charging technology
- Price: 19,000
8. HTC Desire 650
OVERALL RATING: 4.3 | PRICE: RS. 20,666
(DESIGN:4.2/5 | DISPLAY:4.2/5 | PERFORMANCE:4.25/5 | CAMERA:4/5 | BATTERY:4.3/5)
Priced at Rs. 18,900, the HTC Desire 650 features a 5-inch 720P IPS display with Gorilla Glass protection. It is powered by a 1.5GHz 64bit quad-core processor (MediaTek MT6737T) and has 3GB of RAM. For storage, the phone comes with 32GB of onboard storage which is expandable up to 128GB with microSD. The Android Marshmallow 6.0 based Desire 650 comes with its own Sense UI on the top.
As far as the camera is concerned, Desire 650 houses a 13Mp camera with LED flash on the back and a 5MP selfie shooter on the front. Fueling the device is 3000mAh battery.
Full Specs of HTC Desire 650:
- 5-inch HD IPS LCD display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- 1.5GHz Quad-Core MediaTek MT6737T processor with Mali 720MP2 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Sense UI
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.8 aperture
- Dual front-facing stereo speakers
- Dual SIM (4G), WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 3000mAh battery
- Price: Rs. 20,666
7. Moto E4 Plus
OVERALL RATING: 4.35 | PRICE: RS. 20,990
(DESIGN:4.3/5 | DISPLAY:4.4/5 | PERFORMANCE:4.25/5 | CAMERA:4/5 | BATTERY:4.6/5)
Priced at Rs. 20,990, Moto E4 Plus is another decent smartphone that is available under Rs. 20000 in Nepal. The phone carries a 5.5-inch IPS LCD display featuring a pixel density of 267PPI. Powering the device is MediaTek MT6735 chipset, which features a quad-core processor clocked at 1.3GHz. The graphics portion is taken care by Mali-T720 GPU.
In terms of memory, Moto E4 Plus incorporates 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage. The storage can be expanded up to 32GB via SDcard. The device also features Android Nougat (v7.1.1) out of the box. The OS here is a stock version of Android lacking all the unnecessary bloatware. On the optics side, the smartphone is favored by a 13MP rear camera and 5MPfront camera, both accompanied by a LED flash. To provide an impressive backup, a massive 5000mAh battery resides beneath the back cover. Under normal use, the phone easily backs up for 2 days.
Moto E4 Plus Full Specs
- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS LCD 2.5D curved glass display
- 1.3 GHz Quad-core 64-bit MediaTek processor
- 3GBRAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory with microSD
- Dual SIM with 4G LTE
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash
- 5MP front-facing camera with LED flash
- Water-repellent coating
- Fingerprint sensor
- 5000mAh built-in battery with Fast Charging
- Moto E4 Plus Price in Nepal:20,990
6. Gionee X1s
OVERALL RATING: 4.35 | PRICE: RS. 20,000
(DESIGN:4.3/5 | DISPLAY:4.4/5 | PERFORMANCE:4.2/5 | CAMERA:4.4/5 | BATTERY:4.6/5)
Focusing to provide a good set of cameras in the lower mid-range section, Gionee X1s aims to fulfill the demands of the photography fanatics. Priced at Rs. 20,000, the Gionee X1s sports big 5.2-inches IPS LCD display. The display supports HD resolution (720 x 1280 pixels) with 2.5D glass on the top and protection ensured by Gorilla Glass 3.
Gionee Smartphones comes with the tagline of “Super Selfie, Super Battery”. And to value the tagline, Gionee X1s comes with an impressive 13MP rear camera, 16MP front facing camera and a massive 4000mAh battery. For the enhancement in performance during a low-light scenario, both the cameras are assisted by LED flash alongside. The device is furnished with MediaTek MT6737T chipset accompanied by 3GB of RAM. On the software side, the phone comes with Android Nougat with Amigo UI 4.0 on the top. The phone incorporates a dedicated microSD card slot for storage expansion if the already available 16GB is not sufficient. The device also features all the basic sensors like Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Gyro, Proximity and compass sensor, which is a commendable addition.
Gionee X1S Full Specs
- 5.2 inch IPS HD display with 2.5D glass and Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 1.5GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6737T CPU
- Android Nougat (v7.0) with Amigo UI 4.0 on the top
- 3GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage, expandable up to 256GB (dedicated slot)
- 13-megapixel rear camera with Autofocus and Dual-LED (Dual-tone) flash
- 16MP front facing camera, F/2.0 aperture, 1/3.1 inch sensor size with LED Flash
- Dual-SIM, Wi-Fi, 3G, 4G, Bluetooth, GPS, FM radio
- Rear mounted fingerprint sensor, unlocks in 0.3 seconds
- IR blaster
- Other sensors: Accelerometer, Gyro, Proximity, Compass
- 4000mAh Li-ion battery
- Colors: Black, Gold and Deep Blue
- Gionee X1S Price in Nepal: 19,999
5. Xiaomi Redmi 4X
OVERALL RATING: 4.4 | PRICE: RS. 18,499
(DESIGN:4.2/5 | DISPLAY:4.2/5 | PERFORMANCE:4.5/5 | CAMERA:4.1/5 | BATTERY:4.6/5)
Priced at Rs. 18,499, the Xiaomi Redmi 4X comes with a 5inch IPS LCD display with HD resolution. The phone’s performance is looked after by Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 backed by Adreno 505 GPU and coupled with 2GB RAM. This dual SIM Phone comes with 16GB of onboard storage that is expandable up to 256GB (uses SIM2 slot).
To address your mobile photography needs, it sports 13MP unit on the back and 5MP unit on the front. Both the cameras can shoot Full HD videos. The device houses a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor. The phone with 4100 mAh battery runs on MIUI 8 that is based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Specs-wise, it comes pretty neck-to-neck with Redmi 3s but it has a newer processor, refreshed design and its bottom firing speaker is preferable than backfiring one used in the 3s.
Full Specs of Xiaomi Redmi 4X:
- 5 Inch HD IPS LCD Display
- 1.4GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 435 Processor
- 2GB RAM With 16GB ROM (expandable up to 256GB, uses SIM2 slot)
- 13MP, f/2.0 PDAF Autofocus Camera With LED Flash
- 5MP, f/2.2 Front Camera
- Dual SIM (Nano + micro); 4G LTE
- 4100mAh Battery (micro USB Type B2.0)
- Rear-mounted Fingerprint Scanner
- Available Color: Champagne Gold and Matte Black
- Price: Rs. 18,499
4. Nokia 5
OVERALL RATING: 4.3 | PRICE: RS. 19,999 (MRP. 21,350)
(DESIGN:4.3/5 | DISPLAY:4.3/5 | PERFORMANCE:4.6/5 | CAMERA:4.1/5 | BATTERY:4.4/5)
Nokia 5 comes with 5.2-inch display encapsulated inside a metallic body. The display also has Gorilla Glass protection to safeguard from scratches and cracks during the minor falls. Powering off the device is Snapdragon 430 chipset backed by 2GB of RAM. The device includes 16GB of inbuilt storage with the expandable capability up to 128GB.
On the software side, Nokia 5 comes with Stock Android with Nougat version out of the box. The absence of User Interface (UI) has kept aside the Nokia 5 from unnecessary bloatware. On the camera side, the device embraces 13MP sensor with f/2.0, PDAF and LED Flash on the rear panel, whereas, there is an 8MP shooter on the front. The phone also includes fingerprint and gyro sensor, which is another nifty addition. Keeping up the lights in this phone is the 3000mAh battery.
Nokia 5 Full Specs
- 5.2-inch IPS LCD HD display with Gorilla Glass protection
- Rear Camera: 13MP with f/2.0, PDAF Dual-LED (dual-tone) Flash
- Front camera: 8MP with f/2.0
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 processor
- Android v7.1.1 Nougat
- 2GB of RAM
- Internal Storage: 16GB
- Expandable Storage: Up to 128GB
- Sensors: Fingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- MicroUSB 2.0 (no USB Type-C), USB OTG compatible
- Google Assistant
- 3000mAh Non-removable battery
- Price: Rs. 20,000
3. Xiaomi Redmi 3s Prime
OVERALL RATING: 4.3 | PRICE: RS. 20,499
(DESIGN:4.2/5 | DISPLAY:4.2/5 | PERFORMANCE:4.4/5 | CAMERA:4.1/5 | BATTERY:4.6/5)
Priced at Rs. 19,999, the Xiaomi Redmi 3s Prime features an all-metal body with a 5-inch 720P IPS display up front. It is powered by Qualcomm’s mid-range SoC, the Snapdragon 430, which is based on 64-bit Cortex A53 cores (4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53). The GPU Adreno 505 which is fairly powerful compared to the competition. In terms of memory, the Redmi 3s Prime has 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage that is expandable up to 128GB with a microSD card. However, you get a hybrid Slot which means you can either insert 2 SIM card slots or one SIM card and microSD card.
Camera wise, you get the same 13MP rear snapper and 5MP front snapper. The Redmi 3s Prime also houses the same 4100mAh battery which should provide an excellent battery life just as the Redmi 3. It’s running on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with Xiaomi’s in-house MIUI 8 layered on top.
Full Specs of Xiaomi Redmi 3s:
- 5 Inch HD IPS Touchscreen Display
- 1.4GHz Snapdragon 430 Octa-Core Processor
- 3GB DDR3 RAM With 32GB ROM
- 13MP PDAF Autofocus Camera With LED Flash
- 5MP Front Camera
- MIUI 8 (Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow)
- Hybrid Dual SIM, 4G, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1
- USB OTG
- 4100 mAh Battery
- Price: Rs. 18,499
2. Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime
OVERALL RATING: 4.3 | PRICE: RS. 19,999 ((MRP: 22,900)
(DESIGN:4.5/5 | DISPLAY:4.4/5 | PERFORMANCE:4.3/5 | CAMERA:4.3/5 | BATTERY:4.3/5)
The Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime is good both from the inside and the outside easily grabbed the second spot on our list. It sports a 5-inch IPS display with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels with a 2.5D glass and gorilla glass 3 protection layered on top. Powering the device is a quad-core processor running at 1.4Ghz (Samsung Exynos 7570 64bit Cortex A53 14nm SoC). It is backed up by 2GB of RAM and 32GB of onboard storage. If the 32GB storage is not enough, you can expand it via microSD card slot up to 256GB.
Camera wise, the Galaxy J5 Prime boasts 13MP rear camera with LED flash and F/1.9 aperture lens. The front houses a 5MP front camera with F/2.2 aperture. Fueling the device is a 2400mAh battery which is, of course, non-removable because of its unibody design. The Galaxy J5 Prime also includes a fingerprint sensor on the home button. It also has a Dual dedicated SIM with 4G LTE. On the software front, the phone is currently running on Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Full Specs of Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime:
- 5-inch HD TFT PLS display; Corning Gorilla Glass 4 Protection
- Full Metal Body
- 1.4GHz Quad-Core (Exynos 7570) Processor
- 2GB RAM With 32GB ROM
- 13MP Rear Camera With LED Flash
- 5MP Front Camera
- Dual Nano SIM
- Front-mounted Fingerprint Scanner
- 4G LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1
- 2400mAh Battery
- Price: Rs. 19,999
1. General Mobiles GM5 Plus
OVERALL RATING: 4.5 | PRICE: RS. 19,999 (Buy Here)
(DESIGN:4.2/5 | DISPLAY:4.6/5 | PERFORMANCE:4.6/5 | CAMERA:4.5/5 | BATTERY:4.5/5)
The GM5 Plus is an Android One phone from Google. It boots on the latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat and comes with high-end specs to make the list as the best smartphone under Rs. 20,000 in Nepal.
The GM5 Plus sports a 5.5″ IPS Full HD display with Gorilla Glass 4 protection which is excellent considering its price tag. With Snapdragon 617 octa-core processor and 3GB of RAM, the phone performs well during normal tasks and gaming. The 3100mAh battery provides good battery backup, but the inclusion of quick charge 3.0 will charge the device in 1.5 hours from 0 to 100%. Optics wise, it houses a 13MP Sony camera on the front and back.
Full Specs of GM5 Plus:
- 5.5 inches IPS LCD display, 1920 x 1080 pixels, 401 PPI, Gorilla Glass 4
- 1.7Ghz Snapdragon 617 Octa-core Processor
- 3GB RAM/32GB ROM(up to 128GB via microSD)
- Back Camera: 13 MP with Dual LED flash
- Front Camera:13 MP
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Non-removable Li-Po 3100 mAh battery
- Price: Rs. 19,999
In bonus pick, we list the phones that could have made to the list but couldn’t because they are either out of stock or have some major flaws.
1. Xiaomi MI 4
Making up to this list is the Xiaomi Mi 4. Even though the device is already 3 years old but still it comes with impressive specs for the price range. The only major flaw of this device is its non-expandable 16GB storage which would get used up pretty easily. So, if you can find the device in a store near you, which we really doubt and if you think you can manage with a device with non-expandable 16GB storage then you won’t regret buying the Xiaomi Mi4.
Full Specs of Xiaomi Mi4:
- 5 Inch Full HD JDI OGS Full Lamination Display
- 2.5 GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 801 Processor
- 3 GB DDR3 RAM
- 13 MP Rear Camera With LED Flash
- 8 MP Front Camera With Sony Stacked CMOS
- 3G, WiFi, NFC, Bluetooth, FM Radio
- 3080 mAh Battery.
- MIUI 6 based on Android 4.4 KitKat (upgradable to Marshmallow)
- Price: Rs. 17,999
2. Sony Xperia L1
Sony Xperia L1 comes with a 5.5 inches IPS LCD display, which features HD (1280 x 720 pixels) resolution. Under the hood, the phone is provided with MediaTek MT6737T chipset that features a quad-core CPU clocked at 1.4GHz. In terms of memory, the smartphone is bestowed with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage. In case of insufficiency, the internal storage can be expanded to 256GB via SDcard.
For the photography, the smartphone sports impressive 13MP rear camera and 5MP cameras. Talking about the battery, there is 2620mAh battery to fuel up the device. The phone comes with Android Nougat out of the box and is available at the price of Rs. 20,000.
Sony Xperia L1 Specs
- 5.5 inches HD(720 x 1280 ) IPS LCD display @267ppi
- Android 7.0 Nougat
- MediaTek MT6737T Chipset
- Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 CPU
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB Internal Storage, Expandable up to 256GB
- Rear Camera: 13MP with f/2.2 aperture, LED Flash, 1080p @30fps
- Front Camera: 5MP with f/2.2 aperture
- USB Type C 1.0
- Non-removable Li-Ion 2620 mAh battery
- Sony Xperia L1 Price in Nepal: Rs. 20,000
3. Lava A3 Mini
Priced at Rs. 16,999, the Lava A3 Mini has a 5-inch HD display, a 1.5GHz quad-core Cortex A53 processor, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of onboard storage with microSD support, and 2700mAh no-removable battery. The phone sports a 13MP rear camera with LED flash, and a 5MP front camera with LED flash. It has Android 7.0 Nougat with Star OS 4.0 on top. In terms of connectivity, the phone supports Dual-SIM with 4G LTE option, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, Micro-USB 2.0, GPS/ A-GPS, Fingerprint scanner, and a 3.5mm audio jack.
The fingerprint scanner is one of the major selling points of the Lava A3 Mini. It is responsive and snappy, something you would not expect in a phone of its price range.
Lava A3 Mini Full specs
- 5.0-inch HD IPS display; 720 x 1280 pixels (294 PPI)
- MediaTek 6737T Chipset; Quad-core CPU; clocked at 1.5GHz
- Mali T720 GPU
- Android 7.0 Nougat with Star OS 4.0 on top
- 2GB of RAM
- 16GB of inbuilt storage; Expandable Up to 64GB via microSD
- 13MP Rear Camera with f/2.0 aperture and single tone flash
- 5MP Front Camera with f/2.2 aperture and single LED flash
- Dual SIM (Micro+Nano)
- Fingerprint sensor: Rear-mounted, unlocks in 0.26 seconds
- Non-Removable 2700mAh Li-Po Battery
4. Coolpad Mega 2.5D
If a big screen phone is what you’re after then Coolpad Mega 2.5D is the right phone for you in this price range. Not just the big screen, you’ll also be getting a wide-angle selfie camera of 8MP. The phone with 3GB RAM will easily address your multitasking needs. However, the phone will have average performance as it houses MediaTek MT6735P quad-core processor clocked at 1GHz.
The phone sports a 5.5inch screen display with HD resolution. On the photography sides, it has 8MP cameras both on the front and the back. The phone runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow layered with Cool UI 8.0 skin. The phone with stereo speakers comes with 16GB of storage that’s expandable up to 128GB. Fueling the device is the 2500mAh battery.
Full Specs of Coolpad Mega 2.5D:
- 5.5 inch 2.5D curved glass, 720 x 1280 pixels HD IPS display
- MediaTek MT6735p, Quad-core 1.0 GHz Cortex-A53, Mali-T720MP2
- 3GB/16GB (expandable up to 128 GB)
- Rear: 8MP autofocus, f2.2, auto-focus and LED flash
- Front: 8MP, f2.2, wide-angle lens
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Cool UI 8.0
- 2500mAh non-removable battery
- Price: 16,496
This was our updated list for top smartphones under 20000 in Nepal. If you think we’ve missed a device that should have made to the list, mention it in the comment section below.