These days, Smartphones are launching every week or so, resulting in a dilemma on which one to go for—particularly in the sub 20,000 price segment. But don’t worry! We got you covered. In this article, we are going to narrow down your search by revealing the top smartphones under 20000 in Nepal.
10Samsung Galaxy J4 Plus
Samsung may very well be doing away with its J-series, but that does not mean their existing J-series are bad. The Samsung Galaxy J4 Plus, with its recent price drop, is now available for Rs.15,990. And at this price, it is a kind of a good deal. The Galaxy J4 Plus is a very average smartphone, but for a budget one, this one actually packs good enough specs.
Samsung Galaxy J4 Plus Specifications:
- Design: Plastic body
- Display: 6.0″ IPS LCD with HD+ resolution (1480 x 720 pixel)
- Rear Camera: 13 MP lens with f/1.9 aperture
- Front Camera: 5 MP lens, f/2.2 aperture
- Processor: Quad-core 1.4 GHz Snapdragon 425
- GPU: Adreno 308
- RAM: 2 GB
- Platform: Android 8.0 Oreo with Samsung Experience
- Storage: 32 GB, expandable up to 512 GB via microSD
- Battery: 3300 mAh
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Hotspot, Wi Fi Direct
- Latest Price: Rs. 15,990
9Lenovo K5 Play
The Lenovo K5 Play is a relatively new entrant to the Nepali smartphone market. And for a budget phone, this is actually a pretty powerful phone but with a sour software. It has got good looks for a budget phone, and even if the specs don’t seem very powerful, it has been optimized in a good way that you won’t face many lags or stutters on them. It also packs dual cameras at the back which is not so common for phones at this price. With all that it offers, it is actually a good value for money.
- Design: Polymer Glass
- Display: 5.7″ IPS LCD display with HD+ resolution (720 x 1440 pixels)
- Rear Camera: Dual Cameras, 13 MP with f/2.2 aperture + 2 MP depth sensor
- Front Camera: 8 MP with f/2.0 aperture
- Processor: 1.4 GHz Octa-core Snapdragon 430
- GPU: Adreno 505
- RAM: 3 GB
- Platform: Android 8.0 Oreo with ZUI 3.7
- Storage: 32 GB internal (expandable up to 128 GB via microSD
- Battery: 3030 mAh
- Security: Fingerprint sensor, Face Unlock
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Price in Nepal: Rs.17,999
8Xiaomi Redmi 6
Since the Xiaomi phones are making their mark in the budget segment offering a better price to performance ratio, the presence of the Redmi 6 is in the list wouldn’t be a surprise. The USP of this phone is its camera. Since it is a bit difficult to find the budget smartphone with a dual camera setup, Redmi 6 stands out in the crowd with not only its dual cameras but also good picture quality from them.
The phone also features a capable MediaTek Helio P22 chipset with 3GB of RAM alongside. The phone is also rich when it comes to the storage. With 64GB of onboard storage, the Redmi 6 stands tall among all the smartphones in the list in terms of memory.
Xiaomi Redmi 6 Specifications:
- Design: Plastic body
- Display: 5.45″ IPS LCD HD+ resolution (720 x 1440) with 18:9 aspect ratio
- Back Camera: Dual camera, 12 MP lens with PDAF, f/2.2 aperture + 5 MP depth sensor
- Front Camera: 5 MP
- Processor: 2.0 GHz Octa-core MediaTek Helio P22
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- RAM: 3 GB
- Platform: Android Oreo 8.1 with MIUI 9
- Storage: 64 GB (expandable up to 256 GB via microSD)
- Battery: 3000 mAh
- Security: Fingerprint sensor and AI Face Unlock
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- Price in Nepal: Rs.16,490 (32 GB), Rs.18,490 (64 GB)
Oppo is known for its never-ending affliction on bringing the camera-centric smartphones. And the Oppo A3s follows the same tradition. On the camera front, it comes with the dual camera setup at the back. The camera setup comprises the 12MP sensor backed by a 2MP depth sensor. This pair of cameras is capable of taking portrait shots with the blurred backgrounds. And on the front, there is an 8MP AI-powered camera for the selfies.
The display on the device is also fairly tall with the size of 6.2 inches. So the display size favors the multimedia enthusiasts. Another standout feature on this phone is its huge 4230mAh battery. With this battery, the Oppo A3s can provide backup for almost two days on the normal use. Plus, with the latest price decrement, it is a good deal too.
Oppo A3s Specifications:
- Design: Plastic body with glossy finish
- Display: 6.2-inch IPS LCD display, HD+ (1520 x 720 pixels) @ 18:9 aspect ratio, 2.5D curved glass and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Rear camera: Dual, 13 MP lens with f/2.2 aperture + 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- Front camera: 8 MP lens with f/2.2 aperture
- Processor: 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 450
- GPU: Adreno 506
- RAM: 2GB
- Platform: Android 8.1 (Oreo) with ColorOS 5.1
- Storage: 16GB, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Security: Face Unlock
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB OTG
- Battery: 4230 mAh
- Price: Rs. 18,490
6Samsung Galaxy J7 Nxt
When the smartphone display is in question, Samsung mostly comes on the top with its Super AMOLED display. Super AMOLED displays possess great viewing angle, remarkable saturation, and the best color accuracy. Super AMOLED display portrays true color in the display with deep blacks and bright whites. In addition, such kind of displays also consumes less amount of power, which helps in extending the battery backup time.
Furthermore, the Samsung Galaxy J7 Nxt has got impressive cameras both on the front and back ends. The cameras on the phone bear the potential to pack a substantial amount of details in the images during the well-lit conditions. And to ensure similar performance during the low light scenarios too, the smartphone sports LED flash on both front and rear ends.
Samsung Galaxy J7 Nxt specifications:
- Design: Plastic body
- Display: 5.5-inch Super AMOLED display with HD resolution (720 x 1280 pixels), 16:9 aspect ratio
- Rear Camera: 13 MP, f/1.9 aperture, LED flash
- Front Camera: 5MP, f/2.2 aperture, LED flash
- Processor: Octa-core 1.6 GHz Exynos 7870
- GPU: Mali-T830 MP1
- RAM: 3GB
- Storage: 32 GB expandable via microSD card up to 128GB (dedicated slot)
- Platform: Android 7.0 Nougat with Experience UI on top
- Battery: Removable 3000 mAh
- Connectivity: Dual SIM (micro+micro), 4G, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- Price: 20,990 (Available for Rs. 20,000)
5Lava R3 Note
The Lava R3 Note is also a relatively new entrant in the Nepali smartphone market. While this may not have the trendy features like dual camera and stuff, it does pack good enough specs for the price. The R3 Note also runs on its own Star OS on top of Android 8.1.
Lava R3 Note Specifications:
- Design: Plastic body
- Display: 6.22-inch IPS LCD display with HD+ resolution, 19:9 aspect ratio
- Rear Camera: 13MP with f/2.0 aperture, portrait lighting
- Front Camera: 8MP with f/2.0 aperture, portrait lighting
- Processor: Octa-core MediaTek Helio P22 MT6762
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320, 650MHz
- RAM: 3GB
- Storage: 16GB with an option for storage expansion
- Platform: Android 8.1 with Star OS 5.1 on top
- Security: Fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Battery: 3260 mAh
- Price: Rs 17,999
4Sony Xperia XA1 Plus
Although the phone looks dated with big bezels on its top and the bottom, XA1 Plus is a great phone and is one of the most deserving contenders in the list of best smartphones under 20000 in Nepal. The phone comes with 5.5-inch Full-HD IPS display, which is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 4 on the top. Since it packs a pixel density of 401PPI, the contents look all sharp and crisp.
On the performance front, the XA1 Plus sports Helio P20 chipset and enjoys 4GB RAM and 32GB storage. Well, this setup may not handle all the demanding apps and games but it really well on performing day to day tasks. The camera is one of the biggest traits of Sony smartphones and the XA1 Plus is no different. It comes with a remarkable rear camera, which embraces a 23MP Sony Sensor. And there is a noteworthy 8MP camera on the front.
Even on the battery department, the XA1 Plus is equally impressive. It holds a 3430mAh non-removable battery. Since the Sony phones are really optimized, it provides a decent backup on the use. Also, there is a USB Type-C port with fast charging option, which is awe-inspiring, especially at this price segment.
Sony Xperia XA1 Plus Specifications
- Design: Plastic body
- Display: 5.5 inches IPS LCD display with Full-HD resolution (1080 x 1920 pixels) with Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- Rear Camera: 23 MP lens with f/2.0 aperture
- Front Camera: 8 MP lens with f/2.0 aperture
- Processor: Octa-core MediaTek MT6757 Helio P20
- GPU: Mali T880-MP2
- RAM: 4 GB
- Platform: Android Nougat (7.0), upgradeable to Android Oreo (8.0)
- Storage: 32 GB, expandable up to 256GB via microSD
- Security: Fingerprint sensor (side mounted)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth 4.2
- Battery: 3,420mAh battery
- Price: Rs.18,499 on Sastodeal (on checkout)
3Xiaomi Redmi S2
Redmi S2 is another praise-worthy budget phone, which is centered mostly on the optics front. It comes with a camera pair at the back, which embraces 12MP and 5MP sensors. For selfies, Xiaomi features a 16MP shooter on the front. That’s not all, Redmi S2 is also injected with EIS (Electronic Image Stabilization) to suppress the shakes and vibration while capturing videos.
Not just on the camera, Redmi S2 is equally great on the performance side of things. The handset features the powerful Snapdragon 625 chipset embarking 4 GB RAM and 64 GB storage alongside. Even in terms of design and looks, Redmi S2 looks really appealing. With a metal-clad body, the phone spreads a premium vibe to the users. However, the display on the device is of merely HD+ resolution, which is quite a bummer.
Xiaomi Redmi S2 Specifications
- Design: Plastic body
- Display: 5.99″ IPS LCD with HD+ resolution (720 x 1440 pixels)
- Rear Camera: Dual, 12 MP lens with f/2.2 aperture, PDAF + 5 MP lens, gyro-EIS, PDAF, LED flash
- Front Camera: 16 MP LED flash
- Processor: Octa-core 2.0 GHzQualcomm Snapdragon 625
- RAM: 3 / 4 GB
- Storage: 32 / 64 GB; Expandable up to 256 GB via microSD (Dedicated Slot)
- Platform: Android Oreo 8.1 with MIUI 9.5 on top
- Security: Fingerprint (rear-mounted)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth 4.2
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 3080 mAh battery, with fast charging (5V/2A)
- Price: Rs. 20,999 (4GB / 64GB) on SastoDeal
2Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
Now Xiaomi phones do provide great value for money, even in the budget segment. But yes, MIUI can sometimes be an eyesore. And so, Xiaomi has launched two phones with stock Android experience, i.e. Android One on their phones – which are the Mi A2 and the Mi A2 Lite. While the Mi A2 is a mid-ranger costing less than 35000, the Mi A2 is the lighter version of it.
The Mi A2 Lite comes in two variants: 3 / 32 GB and 4 / 64 GB with the Snapdragon 625 chip at the helm. It also packs dual cameras, a trendy feature of 2018, and overall, is a good enough performer actually.
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite Specifications:
- Design: Metal body
- Display: 5.84-inch IPS LCD display with Full-HD+ resolution, (2280×1080 pixels), 19:9 aspect ratio, 432 PPI
- Rear Camera: Dual, 12 MP lens with f/2.2 aperture, PDAF + 5 MP depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture, LED flash
- Front Camera: 5 MP lens, with f/2.0 aperture
- Processor: Octa-core 2.0 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 625
- GPU: Adreno 506 GPU
- RAM: 3 GB / 4 GB
- Storage: 32GB / 64GB; Expandable up to 256GB via SD card (dedicated slot)
- Platform: Android 8.1 (Oreo), Android One
- Security: Fingerprint scanner
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, Micro USB 2.0
- Battery: 4000 mAh
- Latest Price: Rs. 20,999 (3 / 32GB)
1Sony Xperia X
This is another phone that is quite old. Actually, it is from 2017, but that’s exactly why it’s on this list. This phone is similar to a flagship from Sony, which has had a major price drop. So, this now sits under the list of Best phones under 20000. The Sony Xperia X looks old school, and it is old school with huge bezels all around, and an only single camera. But it has good enough specs to make up for it.
This phone has a 5″ Full HD display with a 23 MP camera and Snapdragon 650 chip inside. Combined with 3 GB RAM and 64 GB internal storage, it can get through most tasks easily as well. While the design will not appeal to many people, if you do want good performance at a lesser price, this is a good choice.
Sony Xperia X Specifications:
- Design: Glass body with Aluminum Frame
- Display: 5.0-inch IPS LCD display with Full-HD resolution (1920 x 1080 pixels)
- Rear camera: 23 MP Exmor RS sensor with f/2.0 lens, Predictive Hybrid AF, LED Flash
- Front camera: 13 MP with Exmor RS sensor, 22 mm wide-angle f/2.0 lens
- Processor: Hexa-Core Snapdragon 650
- GPU: Adreno 510
- RAM: 3 GB RAM
- Storage: 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 200GB via microSD card
- Platform: Android Marshmallow 6.0
- Security: Fingerprint sensor (side-mounted)
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC
- Battery: 2630 mAh Battery with Qnovo’s Adaptive Charging technology
- Price: Rs.18,500
This was our updated list of top smartphones under 20000 in Nepal. If you think we’ve missed a device that should have made to the list, mention it in the comment section below. You can also check our list of best smartphones available in Nepal, best smartphones under 30000, and top smartphones under 15000 in Nepal.