The most frequent question we encounter as a gadget geek is which phone you should buy. Obviously, we’re not just going to recommend the flagships models which are in fact the best smartphone you will get. So, we have narrowed down the guide by price category, starting with entry-level handsets and going all the way to the very finest devices available in stores. In this article, we’ve listed some of the top smartphones under 15000 that are currently available in the Nepali market.
1Gionee S11 Lite
Dual camera setup on a phone at the price of under Rs. 15,000 is barely imaginable. And with that standout feature, Gionee S11 Lite stands as the best camera phone at the price of Rs. 15,000 right now. The handset comes with the camera pair at the back, which comprises of 13MP sensor backed by another 2MP depth sensor. With this setup, the smartphone is capable of capturing amazing normal shots and some impressive portrait shots.
The phone is also one of the best smartphones at this price when it comes to the performance. With the Snapdragon 430 chipset and 4GB RAM at disposal, the handles the day to day tasks really well. The phone also comes with 32GB of storage and a fingerprint sensor for security. These features are not so common with the smartphones available in this price range. So, with such features, Gionee S11 Lite is surely one of the top smartphones under 15000 in Nepal.
Gionee S11 Lite specifications
- Display: 5.7 inches IPS LCD HD+ FullView display with 18:9 aspect ratio
- OS: Android v7.1 Nougat with Amigo 5.0 UI
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 430
- CPU: Octa-core up to 1.4GHz
- GPU: Adreno 505
- Internal Storage: 32GB, Expandable up to 256 GB
- Front camera: 16MP, f/2.0 aperture
- Rear camera: 13MP + 2MP, f/2.2 aperture, autofocus, LED flash
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Rear-mounted)
- Battery:3030 mAh Non-removable battery
- Price: Rs. 15,642 (Rs. 13,999 at checkout in Daraz)
2Xiaomi Redmi 6A
We all know that the Xiaomi smartphones excel at the performance front. And the Redmi 6A is no exception. With the capable Helio A22 chipset on the board, the phone sophisticatedly handles the apps and games that you run on your phone on a daily basis.
These days, the presence of the AI face unlock is growing like a fancy feature. And it is really cool to see that feature on a budget phone like the Xiaomi Redmi 6A. However, there is no fingerprint sensor to add biometric protection on your phone.
- Display: 5.45″ IPS LCD HD+ (720 x 1440) resolution with 18:9 aspect ratio
- Back Camera: 13 MP lens with PDAF, f/2.2 aperture
- Front Camera: 5 MP with f/2.2 aperture
- Processor: 2.0 GHz Quad-core MediaTek Helio A22
- RAM: 2 GB
- Storage: 16 GB (expandable up to 256 GB via microSD)
- Battery: 3000 mAh
- OS: Android Oreo 8.1 with MIUI 9
- Security: AI Face Unlock
- Colors: Black, Blue, and Gold
- Price in Nepal: Rs. 12,999
3Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A
When it comes to the performance, the Redmi Note 5A may not be the best but it surely is one of the great performers at its price. The phone comes packed with the Snapdragon 425 chipset and 2GB of RAM. So the phone does not lag or stutter while running the light apps and games. The phone comes with 16GB of onboard storage, which is basically the norm with the smartphones at this price so there is nothing to complain here.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A specifications
- Display: 5.5-inch HD IPS display @ 267ppi with Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- CPU: 1.4 GHz Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 425
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat with MIUI 8.5
- RAM: 2GB
- GPU: Adreno 308
- Storage: 16GB, expandable up to 128GB via microSD (Dedicated slot)
- Rear Camera: 13MP with f/2.2 aperture, PDAF and LED Flash
- Front Camera: 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyro, proximity, compass
- SIM: Dual SIM with 4G
- Battery: 3,080 mAh
- Price: Rs. 14,999
4Sony Xperia L1
Sony smartphones do not need an introduction. They possess a really capable set of cameras, which makes them stand out in the crowd. And the Xperia L1 is no exception. The phone, with the 13MP rear camera and a 5MP front camera, captures excellent images. The images captured from the phone carry a great amount of details and have a great color accuracy. And these features are very rare on a smartphone at this price range.
Sony Xperia L1 specifications
- Display: 5.5 inches IPS LCD display with scratch-resistant glass for protection
- Resolution: HD (720 x 1280) @267PPI, 16:9 aspect ratio
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6737T
- CPU: Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53
- RAM: 2GB
- Storage: 16GB Internal Storage, Expandable up to 256GB
- Rear Camera: 13MP with f/2.2 aperture, LED Flash, 1080p @30fps
- Front Camera: 5MP with f/2.2 aperture
- Sensors: Accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, 3.5 mm headphone jack, A-GPS, NFC, FM Radio, USB Type C 1.0
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 2620 mAh battery
- Price: Rs. 20,00011,999 (40% off on sastodeal)
5Samsung Galaxy J4
When the matter of best display on a smartphone is on the conversation, Samsung always pops out in it. Samsung’s Super AMOLED display is obviously the best in the display department. Such displays portray the content on the screen with great accuracy and with inky colors. So the content on the screen always looks vibrant and appealing. And the Samsung Galaxy J4 is one such privileged smartphones, which comes with a Super AMOLED HD display.
That’s not all, the J4 also has a good set of cameras. The phone boasts a 13MP sensor on the back and a 5MP sensor on the front. And both of the cameras captures praise-worthy images with a substantial amount of sharpness and color accuracy.
Samsung Galaxy J4 specifications
- Display: 5.5-inch Super AMOLED HD display @267ppi
- CPU: 1.4 GHz Quad-core Exynos 7570
- OS: Android Oreo (v8.0) with Experience on the top
- RAM: 2 GB
- GPU: Mali-T720 MP2
- Storage: 16 GB, expandable up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- Rear Camera:13MP with f/1.9 aperture, LED flash
- Front Camera:5MP with f/2.2 aperture, LED flash
- Sensors: Accelerometer, proximity
- SIM: Dual-SIM with 4G
- Battery: 3,000mAh
- Price: 15,490 (Available for Rs. 15,000)
Do you agree with our choice of best Smartphones Under Rs.15,000 or do you want to add something to the list? Have your say in the comments section.