Xiaomi’s flagships are playing hard to get. The Xiaomi Mi 8 is only available in the Chinese markets, and if you want one, you have to order from there itself. Now, while others cannot get there hands on this affordable flagship phone, Xiaomi has launched yet another version of the flagship. It is known as Xiaomi MI 8 Pro, or MI 8 Screen Fingerprint Edition, in China.
Now, what is different in this “Pro” version? The name already gives it away. It features a pressure sensitive in-display fingerprint sensor and swaps the 3D Face Unlock with an IR sensor one. But that’s pretty much about it. Also, this phone will offer two more colors: a Blue one and a Gold one, on top of the Xiaomi MI 8 Explorer Editions’ transparent back version. However, this phone seems to become the international version of the Xiaomi Mi 8. So, maybe it won’t be hard to get anymore.
Talking about the specs, it is pretty much the same as the standard Xiaomi MI 8. It has a 6.21″ AMOLED display with Full HD+ (1080 x 2248) resolution. Its dual camera setup consists of two 12 MP sensors – one with f/1.8 aperture and OIS and another with f/2.4 aperture and 2x Optical Zoom. The front camera rests at a 20 MP shooter with f/1.0 aperture.
Under the hood, everything remains the same as well. A Snapdragon 845 chipset powers the phone while there are two RAM options of 6 GB and 8 GB. However, it features a 128 GB storage by default.
Xiaomi MI 8 Pro will start at 3200 Chinese Yuan (US $467) for the 6 GB version and 3600 Yuan (US $525) for the 8 GB variant. And yes, along with the MI 8 Lite, which is a budget variant of the MI 8, these two might be available to the international market. Both are up for pre-sale as of now and will start shipping by September 21.
Xiaomi MI 8 Pro Specifications:
- Display: 6.21-inch AMOLED panel with Full HD+ (2248 × 1080) resolution
- Processor: 2.8 GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 with Adreno 630 GPU
- RAM: 6 GB / 8 GB RAM
- Storage: 128 GB
- OS: Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI
- Rear Camera: 12MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, OIS, Optical zoom, 4K video recording and secondary 12MP sensor with f/2.4 aperture, 2X zoom
- Front Camera: 20MP front-facing camera with real-time AI portraits
- Security: IR Face unlock, Pressure sensitive in-display fingerprint sensor
- Features: Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, Dual-frequency (L1+L5) GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- Battery: 3000 mAh with Quick Charge 4
- Price: 3200 Chinese Yuan (US $467) for the 6 GB version
- Price: 3600 Yuan (US $525) for the 8 GB variant