Vatsal Impex Pvt Ltd, the authorized distributor of Xiaomi products in Nepal is all set to launch their flagship phone of 2016, Xiaomi Mi5. Mi5 may not be the sole flagship killer of 2016, but it is among very few phones in the market which can go head to head against the flagship phones of tech giants like Samsung, Sony, and LG for half their price.
[ Update: Xiaomi Mi5 is now available for Rs. 39,999 in Nepal ]
Although the price is half as the other flagship phones, there’s no compromise in build, specs or any other aspects for that matter. Mi5 sports a full glass and metal body with curved chamfered edge, the resemblance of aesthetics is similar to that of the Galaxy S7. It sports the latest Snapdragon 820 SoC, 3GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, 16MP Rear and 4MP Front Facing Camera, Fingerprint sensor, USB C port for charging/data transfer, and a 3000 mAh battery along with fast charge 3.0.
So clearly, the Mi5 doesn’t miss out any features that you get on pricey flagship phones. Like the Redmi Note 3, which is conquering the mid-range market in Nepal right now, it is for sure that the Mi5 will be conquering the high-end market if the prices are set right. Also, the Mi5 that will be launched will be the base model (32GB ROM/3GB RAM) looking at the current trend of Mi Nepal. We know for sure that the prices will be expensive compared to our neighboring countries.
You might also like: Why Smartphones in Nepal are expensive compared to India and China
Mi5 will be launched at the end of May. When we talked to one of the Mi Officials, he claimed the price of Mi5 will be relatively lower and they will try their best to keep the price as low as possible. But we still assume the price will be almost or above 50k.
Xiaomi Mi5 Specs:
- 5.15 inches(1080 x 1920 pixels ) @428ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 4 Protection
- MIUI 7.0 on top on Android Marshmallow 6.0
- Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 Chipset
- Dual-core 1.8 GHz Kryo & dual-core 1.36 GHz Kryo
- Adreno 530 GPU
- 32/64 GB, 3 GB RAM
- 16 MP Rear Camera with f/2.0, phase detection autofocus, OIS (4-axis), dual-LED (dual tone) flash
- 4 MP Front Facing Camera with f/2.0
- USB Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Fingerprint Sensor (home button)
- Fast battery charging: 83% in 30 min (Quick Charge 3.0)
- Non-removable Li-Po 3000 mAh battery