Back in August, Xiaomi re-entered the tablet market after over 3 years of hiatus. And among the two new tablets, the Xiaomi Pad 5 is here in Nepal. Here, we will be discussing the new Xiaomi Pad 5, along with its key specs, features, official price, and availability in Nepal.
Xiaomi Pad 5 Series Overview:
Design and Display
Xiaomi Pad 5 series feature an 11-inch IPS LCD panel with support for a 120Hz refresh rate and 10-bit TrueTone technology. You can even enjoy Dolby Vision and HDR10 content on the Xiaomi Pad 5 and Pad 5 Pro.
At the back, we get to see the Mi 11 series-like camera module. Despite having the same dimension of 254.69 x 166.25 x 6.86mm, the Pro variant is heavier (515gm) than the vanilla Pad 5. Additionally, the Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro 5G is even heavier at 518gm.
Stylus and Keyboard
The Xiaomi Pad 5 series supports a magnetic keyboard and stylus. The latter boasts a 240Hz touch sampling rate. It weighs around 12.2 grams and features two buttons.
The keyboard also doubles as a protective cover. It has a dedicated button for exiting full-screen mode. However, neither of the two come included inside the box and you’re gonna have to buy them separately.
Performance and Memory
The main differentiating factor between the two models is the processor. The Pro model is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 870 5G, whereas the Xiaomi Pad 5 is powered by a relatively less powerful Snapdragon 860.
These tablets come with 6GB of LPDDR4X RAM and users can choose between 128 and 256GB of UFS 3.1 internal storage. On the other hand, Xiaomi Pad Pro 5G comes in a single variant of 8/256GB memory configuration.
Software and UI
Xiaomi Pad 5 series runs on a special version of MIUI designed for tablets. The company claims to have optimized 300 different mainstream apps to run on the platform with plans to add even more in the future.
The UI supports input from an external keyboard and stylus, split-screen mode, multiple windows, and other features for a desktop-like experience.
Rest of the specs
Fueling the vanilla Pad 5 is an 8,720mAh battery with support for 33W fast charging. The battery on the Pro Model has a smaller capacity of 8,600mAh but supports faster 67W charging.
In terms of cameras, the vanilla Xiaomi Pad 5 features a single camera setup of 13MP at the back. There is an additional 5MP depth sensor on the Pro model. On the other hand, the Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro 5G features a 50MP primary camera accompanied by a 5MP depth sensor.
All the models across the lineup feature an 8MP front-facing camera. In terms of audio, while the standard Xiaomi Pad 5 has a quad-speaker system, the Pro models boast eight speakers in total. There’s Dolby Atmos audio support in all three of them.
Xiaomi Pad 5 Series Specifications:
- Dimension: 254.69 x 166.25 x 6.85mm, 511g (Pad 5) / 515g (5 Pro) / 518g (5 Pro 5G)
- Display: 11″ TrueTone panel, 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz sampling rate, HDR10, Dolby Vision, 500 nits (typ) brightness
- Resolution: WQXGA (1600 x 2560 pixels), 275 PPI
- Rear Camera: 13MP primary (Pad 5) / 13MP primary + 5MP depth (5 Pro) / 50MP primary + 5MP depth (5 Pro 5G)
- Front Camera: 8MP (FHD/30fps videos)
- Processor: Snapdragon 860 (Pad 5) / Snapdragon 870 5G (5 Pro)
- Memory: 6/8GB RAM, 128/256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- OS: MIUI 12.5 for Pad based on Android 11
- Battery: 8,720mAh, 33W (Pad 5) / 8,600mAh, 67W (5 Pro)
- Audio: Quad/Eight speakers with Dolby Atmos
- Color Options: Pearl White, Cosmic Gray
- Read our review of Xiaomi Pad 5 here.
Xiaomi Pad 5 Price in Nepal and Availability
The price of the Xiaomi Pad 5 in Nepal is NPR 44,999 for the 6/128GB and NPR 49,999 for the 6/256GB variant. You can buy the Xiaomi Pad 5 from Hukut Store and get Rs. 1000 discount.
|Xiaomi Pad 5||Price in Nepal (Official)|
- Meanwhile, check out our review of the Xiaomi Pad 5.