Since the start of the trend of the bezel-less design, smartphone manufacturers have gone really far. Essential PH-1 brought the concept of the notch to put the camera, which did not look much appealing. So Vivo brought the Vivo Nex with motorized selfie camera. It created hype for some time but the hype slowly faded away when Oppo brought Oppo Find X. The Find X introduced a sliding camera eliminating notch and bezels on the top. Motorized camera and the sliding camera did look innovative but it also raised the question of reliability over time. When the question remains still unanswered, another Chinese company stepped up to annihilate the notch trend completely without the inclusion of the flashy motorized or sliding camera. For the purpose, the smartphone maker brought ZTE Nubia X smartphone in which it removed the front camera altogether.
ZTE Nubia X Overview
The phone comes with the 6.26-inch IPS display on the front, which features an incredible 93.6% screen-to-body ratio. And as I mentioned earlier, the phone is notch-less. Bezels on the phone also look nonexistent. This has been possible because ZTE has not included the front camera on the handset. The phone only comes with a dual camera setup at the back. Instead of the selfie camera, ZTE has rather included a secondary display on the back, which can be used while taking selfies. The secondary display uses a 5.1-inch OLED panel, which can be turned off to save the power when not in use. Since the secondary display is blended inside the glass back, nobody can notice it when the screen is off. And good thing is that both the displays are shielded with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 to avoid scratches and cracks during the falls.
Dual screen is not the only interesting feature on the smartphone. The phone also comes with a dual fingerprint sensor and it is mounted on both the sides. So whichever be the side the user is using the device, they can unlock the phone without any hassle.
Talking about the optics, the camera on the handset is a combination of 16MP, f/1.7 camera backed by a 24MP, f/1.7 to improve the performance in low light settings. With this setup, we can expect the phone to capture amazing images. And since these cameras will be used even for the selfies, selfies too is surely going to sharp, vibrant and lively.
On the performance front, the handset boasts the flagship Snapdragon 845 chipset with either 6GB or 8GB of RAM alongside. In terms of memory, the phone comes in three storage formats: 64GB, 128GB, and 256GB. Talking about the battery, the phone boasts a 3800mAh battery, which is non-removable in nature. The phone also supports Quick Charge 4.0, so the ZTE Nubia X is surely going to charge up really fast.
ZTE Nubia X Specifications
- Dimensions: 1 x 73.3 x 8.4 mm; Weight: 181 grams
- Display: 6.26 inches IPS LCD (primary) + 5.1 inches OLED (Secondary) with Gorilla Glass 3 protection on both sides
- Resolution: 2280 × 1080 pixels with 19:9 aspect ratio, 403PPI (primary) + 1520 × 720 pixels with 19:9 aspect ratio, 330 PPI (secondary)
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 845
- CPU: 4 × Kryo 385 Gold @ 2.65 GHz + 4 × Kryo 385 Silver @ 1.80 GHz
- GPU: Adreno 630
- RAM: 6GB or 8GB
- Storage: 64GB/128GB/256GB, No SD card slot for memory expansion
- Rear Camera: (24 MP, f/1.7, PDAF) + (16 MP, f/1.8, PDAF), Dual-LED (dual-tone) flash
- Front Camera: No Front camera
- Connectivity: Dual SIM (Nano SIM), Dual 4G, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.0, No 3.5mm headphone jack, USB Type-C
- Battery: 3,800 mAh, supports Quick Charge 4.0 (9V/2A or 18W)
- Sensors: Dual fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Price (6GB/64GB, Gray & Black): 3299 Yuan (Approx. $475 or NPR 56, 100)
- Price (6GB/64GB, Blue): 3399 Yuan (Approx. $490 or NPR 57,800)
- Price (8GB/128GB, Gray & Black): 3699 Yuan (Approx. $531 or NPR 62,900)
- Price (8GB/128GB, Blue): 3799 Yuan (Approx. $545 or NPR 64,600)
- Price (8GB/256GB, Gray & Black): 4199 Yuan (Approx. $603 or NPR 71,400)
- Price (8GB/256GB, Blue): 4299 Yuan (Approx. $617 or NPR 73,100)
ZTE Nubia X Price and Availability
ZTE has only announced its availability in China as of now and it will go on sale starting from November 5th. Its global availability has not been announced yet. And talking about the price, the base variant (6GB/64GB Gray) of the handset costs 3299 Yuan for the and Black with Gold colors whereas for the same variant in Blue color costs 3399 Yuan. Similarly, the 8GB/128GB version in Gray and Black with Gold costs 3699 Yuan and in a similar fashion, Blue version is 100 Yuan more expensive. The most premium variant of the bunch (8GB/256GB version) is priced at 4199 Yuan for Black with Gold color whereas the Blue with Gold version costs 4299 Yuan.