Apple announced a lot of new products at its “Far Out” event last year. In terms of smartwatches, the second-gen Apple Watch SE is the company’s most affordable wearable option available right now. So, let’s take a closer look at the Apple Watch SE 2022, including its specs, features, availability, and official price in Nepal.
Apple Watch SE 2022 Overview:
Design and Display
As far as design is concerned, the 2nd generation Watch SE isn’t that different from its predecessor. It still arrives in the familiar square chassis with the digital crown and a side button on the right frame. In 40mm and 44mm (100% recycled) aluminum cases. But Apple says it has redesigned the back case this time, which is now made of color-matched nylon composite material for a (marginally) lighter build quality.
More specifically, the Watch SE 2022 weighs about 10% less.
- 40mm: 26.4 gm (< 30.7 gm)
- 44mm: 32.9 gm (< 36.4 gm)
As for the color options, the Watch SE 2022 is available in Midnight, Starlight, and Silver finishes. There’s nothing new in the display side of things though. It’s still got the same Retina LTPO OLED screen with up to 1,000 nits of brightness. And unlike Apple’s more premium smartwatches, this guy still doesn’t support always-on display. For crack and scratch resistance, there’s the usual Ion-X glass on top of the screen. It is also swimproof up to 50 meters, but you won’t find dust-resistant properties on this entry-level Apple smartwatch.
- Also Read:
- Apple Watch Ultra 2 with S9 SiP will soon be available in Nepal
- Apple’s new Watch Series 9 with S9 chip is making its way to Nepal
- iPhone 15 Pro with a titanium body is arriving in Nepal pretty soon
- iPhone 15 Pro Max with A17 Pro chip launching soon in Nepal
The most notable upgrade on the Apple Watch SE 2022 is definitely on the performance front. It is powered by the same Apple S8 chip that you’ll find in the new Watch Series 8 and the flagship Apple Watch Ultra. According to the company, you can expect 20% faster performance over the S7 chip-powered Apple Watch Series 7.
Besides raw power, the cellular version of the new Watch SE now supports international data roaming as well. Apple says this feature is currently compatible with 30 telcos in total — chiefly the ones from the US, UK, and China.
The 2nd generation Apple Watch SE runs on watchOS 9, which enables features like “Low Power Mode”. This feature essentially disables automatic workout detection and a few other things to extend the battery life. Other highlights of watchOS 9 include AFib history (Atrial Fibrillation), redesigned Compass app, improved sleep tracking with “Sleep Stages”, and more.
Car crash detection
Interestingly, the Watch SE can also detect a car crash and connect you to emergency services or emergency contacts. According to Apple, this feature is enabled thanks to the enhanced 3-axis gyroscope and G-force accelerometer in tandem with the onboard microphone, barometer, and GPS.
In terms of health and fitness tracking, this guy comes loaded with most features available on other high-end Apple smartwatches. Except for blood oxygen and ECG measurements. Or skin temperature found on the more expensive Watch Series 8 and Watch Ultra. Other than this, you can still track your heart rate, menstrual cycles, and a bunch of workout modes. By the way, you also get 3 months of Apple Fitness+ subscription with the purchase of Watch SE 2022.
- Also Read:
- Apple Watch Series 8 Price in Nepal [Updated]
- Apple Watch Ultra Price in Nepal [Updated]
- Apple finally updates the AirPods Pro (2nd Gen) with a USB-C port
Like most other things, battery life remains the same too. Apple quotes 18 hours of usage here. Unfortunately, it doesn’t support fast charging, which means you gotta wait for 2 and a half hours for a full charge. As for connectivity, the 2nd generation Watch SE comes with Bluetooth 5.0 and 2.4GHz WiFi.
Apple Watch SE 2022 Specifications:
- Dimensions (H x W x L):
- 40mm: 40 x 34 x 10.7mm
- 44mm: 44 x 38 x 10.7mm
- 40mm: 26.4 gm (GPS), 27.8 gm (GPS + Cellular)
- 44mm: 32.9 gm (GPS), 33.0 gm (GPS + Cellular)
- Display: Retina LTPO OLED, Up to 1000 nits brightness, Ion-X glass
- 40mm: 1.53″, 324 x 394 pixels
- 44mm: 1.78″, 368 x 448 pixels
- Design: Aluminum case, Digital Crown with haptic feedback
- Water Resistance Level: WR50 (Up to 50 meters)
- Sensors: 2nd generation optical heart rate, High-G accelerometer, Gyroscope, Ambient light, Always-on altimeter
- Processor: Apple S8 chip (dual-core), W3 wireless chip
- Storage: 32GB (GPS and GPS + Wireless)
- Built-in GPS: Yes (L1), Glonass, Galileo, QZSS
- Battery: Up to 18 hours
- Charging: USB-C magnetic charging cable
Apple Watch SE 2022 Price in Nepal and Availability
The official Apple Watch SE 2022 price in Nepal is NPR 49,500 for the 40mm and NPR 55,000 for the 44mm variant with an aluminum case and a Sport Band. But this festive season, it is available for Rs. 47,000 (40mm) and Rs. 52,000 (44mm). You can buy the Apple Watch SE 2022 in Nepal from authorized stores like Hukut.
|Apple Watch SE 2022||Price in Nepal||Availability|
- Meanwhile, check out our Apple Watch Ultra review