Alongside ZenFone 8, Asus launched the ZenFone 8 Flip with its iconic rotating camera module. It shares some specifications with the ZenFone 8 and some with the ZenFone 7. So, let’s take a look at the specifications, features, and expected price of the Asus ZenFone 8 Flip in Nepal.
Asus ZenFone 8 Flip Overview:
Design and Display
ZenFone 8 Flip features a 6.67-inch AMOLED screen with a 90Hz refresh rate. It boasts a 92% screen-to-body ratio thanks to the clean-cut layout void of any notch or punch-hole cutout. Similarly, this display has HDR10+ certification and can reach a peak brightness of 1000 nits. For protection, Asus has used Gorilla Glass 6 on the front. The screen houses an in-display fingerprint sensor as well.
Moving on to the device’s dimensions, it has a thickness of 9.6mm and weighs about 230 grams. So, it’s a little thick and cumbersome phone. Furthermore, ZenFone 8 Flip has an aluminum frame with a mirrored rim.
Like the standard ZenFone 8, it is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 888, a 5nm flagship smartphone chipset. Furthermore, it packs a bigger 5,000mAh battery with 30W wired charging, 8GB of LPDDR5 RAM, and 256GB of UFS3.1 storage. However, it does not have an IP rating. On the software front, it is driven by Android 11 with ZenUI 8 on top.
- Also Read:
The main draw of ZenFone 8 Flip, of course, is its rotating camera array. However, it borrows the ZenFone 7’s identical triple-camera configuration. This includes a 64MP f/1.8 Sony IMX686 primary sensor, a 12MP f/2.2 Sony IMX363 ultra-wide lens, and an 8MP telephoto camera with 3x optical zoom.
Because of the motorized mechanism of these cameras, the ZenFone 8 Flip doesn’t have a dedicated front-facing camera. It’s a cool concept to be able to use the rear camera scope for selfies because it allows for better selfies and other fun camera modes.
Rest of the specs
Moving on, the ZenFone 8 Flip has stereo speakers with Dirac HD sound technology. It has also integrated Wi-Fi 6E technology, although it is only available in the United States. Other regions get Wi-Fi 6 instead. Furthermore, an Asus ZenEar Pro headset is included in the pack, which is quite rare these days.
Asus ZenFone 8 Flip Specifications:
- Body: Glass body, aluminum frame, 165.04 x 77.28 x 9.6 mm, 230g
- Display: 6.67-inch Samsung AMOLED Panel, Corning Gorilla Glass 6, 20:9 ratio, 90Hz, Up to 1000 nits, Delta-E < 1, HDR10+, 100% DCI-P3, 105% NTSC color
- Resolution: FHD (2400 x 1080 pixels)
- Cameras: Flip-out triple camera array;
- 64MP f/1.8 Sony IMX686 primary, Dual-PDAF
- 12MP f/2.2 Sony IMX363 ultra-wide, Dual-PDAF, 4CM macro
- 8MP, 3x optical zoom
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G (5nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680)
- GPU: Adreno 660
- Memory: 8GB LPDDR5 RAM, 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Audio: Dual stereo speakers with Dirac HD Sound
- Connectivity: WiFi 6/6E, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC
- Sensor: In-display fingerprint sensor, Gyroscope, E-compass, Proximity, Ambient light, Hall, Accelerator, Angle sensor
- OS: Android 11 with Asus ZenUI 8 on top
- Battery: 5000mAh with 30-Watt Fast Charging
- Colors: Galactic Black, Glacier Silver
Asus ZenFone 8 Flip Price in Nepal & Availability
Asus ZenFone 8 Flip is up for pre-order in Europe where it costs EUR 799 for the 8/256 GB variant. Smartphones from Asus aren’t officially available in Nepal so it’s highly unlikely that the ZenFone 8 will launch here. Still, if Asus plans to launch the ZenFone 8 Flip in Nepal, it might cost around NPR 130,000.
|Asus ZenFone 8 Flip||Price in Europe||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|8/256 GB||EUR 799||NPR 130,000|
- Meanwhile, check out our review of the Samsung Galaxy A52.