Huawei launched a host of new products at its “Spring Flagship Event”, including its latest premium TWS, the FreeBuds 5. Successor to the FreeBuds 4, the hearable comes with a one-of-a-kind design for earbuds. So let’s get into the specifics of Huawei FreeBuds 5 along with its expected price in Nepal.
Huawei FreeBuds 5 Overview:
The first thing that sets FreeBuds 5 apart from its predecessor or any other TWS in the market is its design. While it retains a semi-in-ear fit, the TWS now has an unusual curve, which Huawei says is an inspiration taken from “Rupert’s Tears.”
The stem is now fatter, while the earpiece side adapts a water droplet shape. Hauwei has still managed to keep the weight at 5.4 grams though. The curved design is said to provide an ergonomic fit as per the ear canals of the user. Likewise, the earbuds also bags an IP54 rating against dust and water drips. Although there’s no IP rating for the charging case. It is available in three color options: Ceramic White, Coral Orange, and Frost Silver.
The wireless earbuds house an 11mm driver under the hood. It is accompanied by the dual magnetic circuit architecture that has a 30% increased low-frequency sensitivity up to 16Hz as compared to its predecessor. On top of that, the Sound Pressure Turbo Technology allows more airflow for bass enhancement, as per the company.
Moreover, the earbuds features Audio Vivid three spatial audio modes, and dual HD audio certification. You also get support for High-Definition L2HC and LDAC codecs, while Huawei has included a hybrid active noise cancellation to cancel out background noises on the earbuds for clear calls.
- Also Read:
- Huawei’s latest earbuds can measure your heart rate and body temperature
- This budget Oppo earbuds brings ANC, spatial audio, and LDAC playback for just $75!
- Redmi Watch 3 with AMOLED screen, and Bluetooth calling hits the global market
- Mate X3 is Huawei’s first foldable with an IP rating, satellite communication
Connectivity and Controls
The TWS pairs with the Huawei Smart Life app via Bluetooth 5.2. It also extends the support for multi-device connection, audio sharing, and low latency mode. Talking of the touch controls, users can control the music playback via touch gestures. Similarly, sliding or double-clicking on the stem allows you to adjust the volume or answer a call on the FreeBuds 5.
Rest of the Specs
Continuing on to the battery, the earbuds are backed by a 42mAh cell on each bud. And the charging case comes with a 505mAh battery that can fast charge the buds within 20 minutes. The company claims a battery backup of 5 hours with noise cancellation and 3.5 hours without.
Huawei FreeBuds 5 Specifications:
- Weight: 5.4 gm (each bud), 43 gm (charging case)
- Drivers: 11 mm
- IP rating: Yes, IP54 (Earbuds only)
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.2 (multi-device connection)
- Audio: Triple-microphone, hybrid active noise cancellation
- Control: Touch gestures (double tap/long press/swipe)
- Charging Interface: USB Type-C
- Battery & Charging: Single charge – up to 3.5 hours (with ANC), up to 5 hours (without), with case – up to 30 hours
- Color Options: Ceramic White, Frost Silver, Coral Orange
Huawei FreeBuds 5 Price in Nepal and Availability
The FreeBuds 5 retails at CNY 899 in China. We can expect the price of Huawei FreeBuds 5 in Nepal to be NPR 30,000 if and when it launches here.
Price in China (Official)
Price in Nepal (Expected)
Huawei FreeBuds 5
- Meanwhile, you can check our Redmi Buds 3 Lite Review.