A company embroiled in issues… That’s the headline we’ve all been waking up to concerning Huawei. However, with the expected release of Huawei Nova 5i Pro later this month, things might finally take a positive turn for the Chinese tech giant.
The company announced the Nova 5 series earlier this month with the Nova 5, 5i and 5 Pro models. However, the Nova 5i Pro, which was hugely anticipated, was nowhere to be seen. Thereafter, a schematic of 5i Pro made rounds around the internet. The leaked images only revealed the design. Now, new marketing material has leaked leaving little to the imagination. The new leaks reveal full specs as well as the image of the device.
As per the leaks, the phone has a 6.26″ Full HD+ punch-hole screen with a resolution of 2640×1080 pixels. It will use Kirin 810 SoC with either a 6GB or 8GB RAM. The storage options are 128GB for the 6GB variant and 128GB or 256GB for the 8GB variant.
The rear includes a quad-camera setup of one 48MP, one 8MP, and two 2MP modules. The fingerprint scanner is conveniently placed below the rear camera. On the front, there is a 32MP selfie shooter inside the punch hole. The device runs on Android 9 Pie and will house a huge 4,000mAh battery. The full leaked specifications of the phone are:
Huawei Nova 5i Pro leaked specs:
- Display: 6.26″ Full HD+ display
- Rear Camera: Quad-camera setup, 48MP Sony IMX 586sensor with f/1.8 aperture + 8MP Ultra Wide Angle lens + 2MP f/1.75 aperture for macro + 2MP depth sensor
- Front Camera: 32MP with f/2.0 aperture
- Processor: HiSilicon Kirin 810
- CPU: 7nm, Octa-core (2×2.27GHz Cortex-A76 + 6×1.88GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: ARM Mali-G52 MP6 GPU
- RAM: 6GB / 8 GB RAM
- Storage: 128 GB / 256 GB, expandable via MicroSD
- OS: Android 9.0
- Battery: 4,000mAh battery
- Features: Hybrid Dual SIM(nano+nano/microSD), rear-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Colors: Midnight Black, Emerald Green, and Aurora
The device is set to compete with the Redmi K20 which was game-changing in its own rights. K20 runs on Snapdragon 730, has an in-display fingerprint sensor and a pop-up camera. The performance estimates of both the devices were compared in the form of GeekBench estimates and the results show that Nova 5i quiet literally thrashes the Redmi K20. Though performance estimates are not the only determining factors, the sheer horsepower of Nova 5i Pro as per the result definitely gives it the upper hand.
So far the device seems great to me but what can one really say from just the estimates. The actual launch date will be out soon so till then all we can do is speculate.