Nokia has refreshed its entry-level offerings with a couple of under $200 Android smartphones. The more advanced of the two is the Nokia 3.4, which is a follow up to last year’s Nokia 3.2. Let’s check out the specs, features, expected price, and availability of the Nokia 3.4 in Nepal.
Nokia 3.4 Overview
Design and Display
Nokia has changed some of the visual aspects of the device. While the Nokia 3.2 had a notched display, Nokia 3.4 now sports a punch-hole cutout instead. The circular cutout for the front-facing camera is located on the top right corner of the screen. Nokia has also added a bigger screen of 6.39-inches. The HD+ display has an aspect ratio here of 19.5:9.
At the back, HMD Global has gone with a circular camera module instead of a pill-shaped one that is on the Nokia 3.2. A physical fingerprint scanner resides just below the camera module.
Performance and Memory
On the performance front, Nokia 3.4 features the Snapdragon 460 chipset. It is an octa-core processor with Kryo 240 cores clocked at 1.8 GHz. The Nokia 3.2 featured a quad-core Snapdragon 429. The phone is available in three memory configurations – 3+32GB, 3+64GB, and 4+64GB variants. Nokia 3.4 ships with Android 10 and it will soon be receiving the Android 11 update. Thanks to the Android One program, it is guaranteed to receive an Android 12 update along with an additional year of security updates.
While the primary camera has remained the same, HMD Global has added two more sensors at the back. The 13MP primary camera is accompanied by a 5MP ultra-wide sensor. Completing the triple-camera setup is the 2MP depth sensor. Like the new Nokia 2.4, it also comes with Nokia’s new AI image processing. Thus, you will also be able to use dedicated Night mode and Portrait Editor on the Nokia 3.4. On the front, there is a 5MP camera to quench your thirst for selfies.
Rest of the specs
The device is backed by a 4,000mAh battery with support for 10W charging (5V, 2A). It features a USB-C port instead of the micro USB on the Nokia 2.4. It also comes with a dedicated Google Assistant button. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, and Bluetooth 4.2. The NFC option is restricted to limited regions.
Nokia 3.4 Specifications:
- Body: 160.97 x 75.99 x 8.7mm; 180 gm
- Display: 6.39-inches punch-hole display
- Resolution: HD+ (1560 x 720 pixels); 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 460; 11nm Mobile Platform
- CPU: Octa-core (1.8 GHz Kryo 240)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- RAM: 3/4GB
- Storage: 32/64GB (expandable up to 512 via a microSD card)
- Software & UI: Android 10
- Rear Camera: Triple-camera;
– 13MP, f/2.2 primary shooter
– 5MP ultra-wide sensor
– 2MP depth sensor
– Single LED flash
- Front Camera: 5MP, f/2.4 aperture
- Security: Face-unlock
- Audio: 5mm headphone jack, FM Radio, aptX
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM (Nano), MicroSD card, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/AGPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- Battery: 4000 mAh, 10W (5V, 2A) charging
- Colors: Fjord, Dusk, Charcoal
Nokia 3.4 Price in Nepal and Availability
Nokia 3.4 will be available in the international market from October at a starting average price of 159 EUR. We can expect the price of Nokia 3.4 in Nepal to start at NPR 23,000.
|Smartphone model||Price (Global)||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|Nokia 3.4||159 EUR||NPR 23,000|
- Check out our review of the Nokia 2.3.