After years of waiting, OnePlus has finally launched a smartwatch for its fans. The company had started teasing the smart wearable via its social media handles for days. And finally, the watch was unveiled alongside the OnePlus 9 series yesterday. In this post, we will be taking a look at all the specifications, and the expected price in Nepal of the OnePlus Watch.
OnePlus Watch Overview:
The story of the OnePlus smartwatch is similar to that of the Pixel Watch. We had heard about them for a while now but neither was launched yet. In fact, rumors of the OnePlus smartwatch were even older than that of the Pixel Watch. The company even confirmed that they were once working on a smartwatch. CEO Pete Lau hinted in 2016 that they had to stop the work as the final design was not satisfactory.
Thankfully though, OnePlus have finally found a satisfactory design. And thus we got to see the OnePlus watch today. They have decided on a 46mm round dial in the end. It comes with a 1.39″ 2.5D curved glass AMOLED screen. And instead of Google’s Wear OS, the OnePlus Watch runs on an RTOS-based OS.
There are two variants of the watch: Standard and Cobalt. The Standard one comes with a stainless steel case and in Midnight Steel and Midnight Black colors. However, the Cobalt one comes with a cobalt alloy case and in a golden color. But no matter the variant you go for, both of them have two buttons on the side.
- Also Read:
Talking about its features, the smartwatch comes with a total of 110 workout modes. These include walking, jogging, marathon, freestyle training, and more. Additional features include SpO2 monitoring, stress detection, heart rate alert, and sedentary reminder. The health data gets uploaded in the OnePlus Health app. So, you can check out your health data in the app itself.
One can use the OnePlus Watch to make calls, check app notifications, control camera shutter, and more. Furthermore, you can also connect the watch to your OnePlus TV. Thus, it doubles down as a TV controller too. Moreover, the watch detects if the person has fallen asleep and turns off the TV after 30 mins.
As for the battery, OnePlus claims that this smartwatch can go two weeks on a full charge. Furthermore, it comes with Warp Charge too. Therefore, by charging the watch for just 20 mins, you can get seven days’ worth of use.
OnePlus Watch Specifications:
- Body: 46.4 x 46.4 x 10.9mm (46mm), 45/76 gm (with/out strap)
- Display: 1.39-inches AMOLED, 454 x 454 pixels, 326 PPI
- Watch Case: 316L Stainless steel, Cobalt Alloy
- Watch Strap: Fluoroelastomer strap
- Sensors: Acceleration, Gyro, Geomagnetic, Optical heart rate, Blood oxygen, Ambient light, Air pressure, Capacitance
- Positioning: GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, Beidou
- Water Resistance: Yes (5ATM, IP68 dust/water resistant)
- Workout Modes: 110+ (including swim, treadmill, parkour, etc.)
- Storage: 4GB internal (only 2GB available for storing music)
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0 (Android 6.0 or later, no iOS support)
- Battery: 402mAh cell (Up to 14 days for typical use)
- Other Features: Phone call support, OnePlus TV integration
- Companion App: OnePlus Health (Android)
OnePlus Watch Price in Nepal & Availability
OnePlus watch will go on sale from April 14 and will be available on their official website at a price of $159. If it becomes available in Nepal, we expect the price of the OnePlus Watch to be around NPR 28,000.
|Smartwatch Model||Price in the US||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|OnePlus Watch (Standard Edition)||$159||NPR 28,000|
- Check out our review of the OnePlus 8T.