Redmi K series is home to the company’s best smartphones. Starting with the K20 series, the lineup has been focused on providing a premium experience at a fraction of the cost. And on 25th Feb, Redmi unveiled its latest K40 series in China. Along with its flagships K40 Pro and K40 Pro+, Redmi has also launched a midranger K40 with a starting price of $310. It brings top-tier performance, 120Hz AMOLED display, and improved design at a mid-range price tag.
Redmi K40 Specs Overview
While the Redmi K40 Pro and K40 Pro+ feature a top-of-the-line Snapdragon 888 chipset, the Redmi K40 settles for the Snapdragon 870 chipset. It is still a flagship chipset and yields better performance than last year’s Snapdragon 865.
However, you still get a smooth 6.7-inch 120Hz AMOLED screen with a 360Hz touch sampling rate. The display has the DCI-P3 color gamut with HDR10+ and boasts a peak brightness of up to 1300nits.
As for the camera, the Redmi K40 sports a triple camera setup at the back. The three cameras are enclosed by a pill-shaped protrusion that itself rests on top of a wider base. The base also houses the LED flash and the camera branding. Specs-wise, it has a 48MP f/1.79 Sony IMX582 primary lens, an 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens, and a 5MP telephoto macro lens. The main camera can record in 4K 30fps videos.
Like the K40 Pro, the K40 also packs a 4520mAh battery with a 33W fast charging support. As for memory, it comes with up to 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM, and 256GB of UFS 3.1 internal storage. Redmi is also preparing a bunch of gaming accessories along with the K40 series. Among the products being launched are add-on shoulder buttons and a cooling fan that attaches to the backside of the phone.
Also Read: Xiaomi Mobiles Price in Nepal
Redmi K40 Specifications:
- Display: 6.67-inch Full HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display with MEMC, 120Hz refresh rate, 1300nit brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Chipset: Snapdragon 870 (7nm)
- RAM: 6GB / 8GB / 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM
- Storage: 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- OS: MIUI 12 based on Android 11 (MIUI 12.5 coming soon)
- Rear Camera: 48MP primary lens, 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens, 5MP tele macro lens
- Selfie Camera: 20MP
- Security: Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Face-unlock
- Others: 5G, USB Type-C, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, NFC, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, Dolby Atmos, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 163.7mm x 76.4mm x 7.8mm
- Weight: 196gms
- Battery: 4520mAh with 33W wired QC3 +/ PD3.0
Redmi K40 Price in Nepal and Availability [Expected]
The Redmi K40 is available in 4 configurations and the base 6/128GB variant costs just ¥1999 ($310) in China. We can expect the base variant of Redmi K40 to launch in Nepal for a price of Rs. 45,000.
|Redmi K40 Variant||Price in China||Price in Nepal|
- Also, check out our review of the Xiaomi Mi 10i.