After the mid-range Note 11 series last month, Redmi has now launched its first flagship device for 2022—the Redmi K50 Gaming Edition. There’s even a special edition of this phone built in collaboration with the Mercedes-AMG F1 team. Here, we will be discussing the specs and expected price of the Redmi K50 Gaming Edition in Nepal.
Redmi K50 Gaming Edition Overview:
Starting off with the design, the gaming phone has an “X” shaped pattern on the back as well as on the camera module. Like its predecessor, the camera frame has LED strips that light up in case of any notification.
Furthermore, the device has an AG Glass finish on the back, with metal frames. It also retains the tactile shoulder triggers on the right frame. Xiaomi says the new “Magnetic Shoulder Key 2.0” provides the real strike feel of professional gamepads.
As aforementioned, there’s also an AMG Petronas variant of the K50 Gaming Edition. It has two stripes running through the middle of the rear panel, while there’s also a Mercedes F1 logo in the top-right corner. Otherwise, it’s identical to the standard edition.
The Redmi K50 Gaming Edition will be available in Black, Silver, and Blue color. The exclusive Mercedes AMG F1 edition comes in a grey finish.
The Redmi K50 Gaming Edition sports a 6.67-inch AMOLED panel with a 120Hz refresh rate and 480Hz touch sampling rate. It’s a 10-bit screen with FHD+ resolution, DisplayMate A+ certification, and Gorilla Glass Victus protection.
Likewise, the panel has a 1920Hz high-frequency Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) dimming feature that reduces the discomfort caused by strobes on the eyes in low-brightness situations. Other features include MEMC, HDR 10+, and DCI-P3 color gamut.
Performance and Memory
Under the hood, the smartphone is powered by a Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 processor. In terms of memory, it comes with 8/12GB of LPDDR5 RAM and 128/256GB of UFS 3.1 internal storage.
For thermals, the smartphone has dual vapor chambers that cover a 4,860 sq. mm area. The chambers transfer the heat from SoC, battery, and IC to its heat spreaders that, as per the company, are 20% more efficient than the last-gen. Users can also purchase Redmi’s custom metal heat dissipation magnetic shell for even better thermal management.
- Also Read:
Redmi K50 Gaming Edition houses a triple camera setup at the back led by a 64MP Sony IMX686 sensor. Accompanying this is an 8MP ultrawide and 2MP macro lens. The module also has a flicker sensor that helps in real-time exposure maintenance. Over on the front, it has a 20MP selfie camera with the Sony IMX596 sensor.
Battery and Audio
Fueling the phone is a 4,700mAh battery that supports 120W fast charging. Xiaomi claims it can fully juice up the device in just 17 minutes.
Moving on, the K50 Gaming edition is the world’s first phone to feature a CyberEngine ultra-wideband X-axis vibration motor. To note, it’s the largest haptics motor on an Android smartphone.
Over on the audio front, the phone has the one-one speaker and tweeter combo on each side, resulting in a quad-speaker setup. It’s tuned by JBL and supports Dolby Atmos and Hi-Res Audio.
Rest of the specs
Apart from this, the smartphone is equipped with three WiFi antennas and supports WiFi 6E. Likewise, the phone boots on Android 12-based MIUI 13. For biometrics, there’s a side-mounted fingerprint scanner.
Redmi K50 Gaming Edition Specifications:
- Body: 76.7 x 162.5 x 8.5mm, 210 gm
- Display: 6.67-inch AMOLED, 120Hz refresh rate, 480Hz touch sampling rate, 10-bit display, HDR10+, Gorilla Glass Victus, MEMC, DCI-P3
- Resolution: FHD+ (2400 x 1080 pixels), 20:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 (4nm)
- Cores: 1x Cortex-X2 (3.0 GHz) + 3x Cortex-A710 (2.5GHz) + 4x Cortex-A510 (1.80GHz)
- GPU: Adreno 730
- Memory: 8/12GB LPDDR5 RAM, 128/256GB UFS 3.1 storage (fixed)
- Software & UI: Android 12 with MIUI 13
- Rear Camera: Triple (w/ flicker sensor, LED flash);
– 64MP Sony IMX686 primary
– 8MP ultra-wide camera, 120º FOV
– 2MP f/2.4 macro camera
- Front Camera: 20MP Sony IMX596 (punch-hole)
- Audio: JBL-tuned quad speakers, Hi-Res Audio, Dolby Atmos
- Security: Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Face unlock
- Sensors: Accelerometer, 360º Ambient Light, Proximity, Gyroscope, Electronic Compass, IR Blaster
- Haptics: CyberEngine ultra-wideband X-axis vibration motor
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM (Nano), WiFi 6e (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS / AGPS / Glonass / Galileo / Beidou, USB Type-C, 4G LTE, 5G (dual SIM)
- Battery: 4700mAh with 120W fast charging
- Extras: Triggers, 4,860 sq. mm Vapour Chamber Cooling, Tactical RGB Glow
Redmi K50 Gaming Edition Price in Nepal and Availability
The K50 Gaming Edition starts in China at CNY 3,299 for the 8/128GB variant and goes up to CNY 3,599. We expect the price of the Redmi K50 Gaming Edition to start at NPR 70,000, if and when it launches in Nepal.
Moreover, the Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Edition is priced at CNY 4199 and is available in sole 12GB+256GB configuration. Xiaomi says this special edition is limited to only 10,000 units and will go on sale on February 18.
Redmi K50 Gaming Edition
Price in China
Price in Nepal (Expected)
Special Edition (12/256GB)
- Meanwhile, check out our review of the Poco F3 GT.