Samsung launched its latest pair of wireless earbuds, the Galaxy Buds 2 at the Unpacked event back in August. And now, Samsung Nepal has brought these earbuds to the domestic market as well. Let’s take a look at specs, features, official price in Nepal, and availability of the Samsung Galaxy Buds 2.
Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 Overview:
Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 arrives in an all-white carrying case with a Samsung logo on the lid. If not for the glossy white finish, one can easily mistake it for the Buds Pro’s case. Inside, you get a matte interior that matches the color of earbuds. It also houses the “Tuned by AKG” branding.
Talking about the earbuds, they have an in-ear design with silicone tips that we are all familiar with. Each earbud weighs only 5 grams. Together with a 41.2g case, Galaxy Buds 2 makes up a really portable package.
Unfortunately, the Buds 2 only has an IPX2 rating. Thus, you should be careful not to expose it to dust, water, and other environmental factors.
Galaxy Buds 2 will support the newer Bluetooth 5.2 protocol over Bluetooth 5.0 on previous models. It connects to your smartphone using the Samsung Wearable app. The app lets you customize touch controls, play with different audio presets and modes.
Moving on, Galaxy Buds 2 gives continuity to a dual-driver setup with a dedicated woofer and a tweeter. The earbuds support audio codecs like SBC, AAC, and the proprietary Samsung Scalable Codec (SSC). Then there is a 3-mic system for better call quality, Active Noise Cancellation, and Ambient mode.
- Also Read:
Battery and Charging
Samsung boasts a battery life of up to 7.5 hours with the 61mAh battery. This is with the ANC turned off. Turning off ANC reduces it to 5 hours. Similarly, taking into account the 472mAh battery of the charging case, the combined battery life becomes 29 hours and 20 hours with ANC turned off and on, respectively.
The charging case also supports wired fast charging. Just five minutes of fast charging will provide a combined playback duration of 60 minutes of playback. The case even supports Qi wireless charging.
Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 Specifications:
- Earbuds: 17 x 20.9 x 21.1mm, 5.0 grams
- Charging Case: 50.2 x 50.0 x 27.8mm, 41.2 grams
- Color options: Graphite, White, Olive, Lavender
- Chipset: BES2500ZP
- Sound driver: Dual-driver (11mm + 6.5mm)
- Audio codecs: AAC, SBC, SSC
- Noise cancellation: Yes, ANC with Ambient mode
- Mic: Yes, 3 + Voice Pickup Unit
- Connectivity: Bluetooth v5.2
- IP rating: Yes, IPX2 (earbuds only)
- Playback Time:
- Earbuds: Up to 5/7.5 hours (ANC on/off)
- With case: Up to 20/29 hours (ANC on/off)
- Talk Time:
- Earbuds: Up to 3.5 hours (ANC on/off)
- With case: Up to 13/14 hours (ANC on/off)
- Charging: Fast Wired Charging, Qi Wireless Charging
- Companion app: Galaxy Wearable (Android | iOS)
Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 Price in Nepal and Availability
The price of the Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 in Nepal is NPR 17,999. You will be able to buy Galaxy Buds 2 from Samsung authorized retail stores across Nepal from September 22.
|TWS Earbuds||Price in Nepal||Availability|
|Samsung Galaxy Buds 2||NPR 17,999||From September 22|
- Check out our initial impressions of the Samsung Galaxy Buds 2.