Samsung finally lifted the curtains off of the latest iteration of its foldable smartphone — the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 last month. And now, the phone is finally available for pre-booking in Nepal at an excellent price. So, let’s take a look at the specs, features, official price in Nepal, pre-booking gifts, offers, and availability of the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3.
Samsung Z Fold 3 Overview:
Design and Display
The Z Fold 3 flaunts a 6.2-inch Dynamic AMOLED 2X outer screen with HD+ (2260 × 832 pixels) resolution and a 7.6-inches QXGA+ Dynamic AMOLED 2X main display with FHD+ (2208 × 1768 pixels) resolution. Further, the main screen is also HDR10+ certified. Fortunately, the Fold 3’s screen has a 120Hz refresh rate on both sides.
Retaining the Adaptive refresh rate, the main display, as well as the cover display, can dynamically adjust the refresh rate based on the content on the screen. For protection, the exterior screen and back cover are covered with a Gorilla Glass Victus.
In terms of design, the rear panel gets a new look with the pill-shaped camera arrangement. The hinge is built with Armor Aluminum that is 10% more durable to protect the interior parts of the hinge.
Plus, this time around, the Fold receives an official IPX8 certification for water resistance — the first time ever on a foldable device. All of this sums up to make Fold 3 80% more durable than Fold 2.
- Also Read:
Performance and Memory
Under the hood, the Fold 3 packs a Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 chipset paired with 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM and up to 512GB of UFS 3.1 storage. On the software side of things, it boots on Android 11-based OneUI 3.1.
Fueling the device is a 4400mAh battery that charges with a 25W adapter via the USB Type-C port. It also supports 10W wireless charging and 4.5W reverse wireless charging.
The Z Fold 3 is Samsung’s first phone to house an under-display camera. There’s a 4MP lens placed on the top-right corner of the main display.
Likewise, the device boasts a triple camera cutout led by a 12MP primary lens. This is complemented by a 12MP ultra-wide and a 12MP telephoto lens. Here, the primary and telephoto lens gets OIS support. In addition, a punch-hole in the cover display holds a 10MP sensor with an f/2.2 aperture.
Rest of the specs
Moving on, it has a side-mounted capacitive fingerprint sensor for biometrics. It also supports an S-pen specifically designed for the fold. The pen weighs 8 grams and has a 15mm tip.
The connectivity option includes Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, Galileo, and NFC. Over on the audio, it has a stereo speaker setup with Dolby Atmos. The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 is available in three colors: Phantom Black, Phantom Green, and Phantom Silver.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 Specifications:
- Outer: 6.2″ Super AMOLED 2X with HD+ (2260 x 832 pixels) resolution; 120Hz refresh rate
- Inner: 7.6″ Dynamic AMOLED 2X with FHD+ (2208 x 1768 pixels) resolution; 120Hz refresh rate
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 888; 5nm Mobile Platform
- CPU: Octa-core (1x Cortex-X1 @ 2.84GHz, 3x Cortex-A78 @ 2.42GHz, 4x Cortex-A55 @ 1.80GHz)
- GPU: Adreno 660
- Main Camera: Triple-camera; 12MP primary with f/2.2 aperture + 12MP ultra-wide lens with f/1.8 aperture + 12MP telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture
- Selfie Camera:
- Outer: 10MP with f/2.2 aperture
- Inner: 4MP under-display lens
- Memory: 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256/512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Software: Android 11 with One UI 3.1
- Fingerprint sensor: Side Mounted (capacitive)
- Battery: 4400 mAh battery, 25W wired charging, 10W wireless, 4.5W wireless charging
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, Galileo, Glonass, BeiDou, NFC, 5G
- Colors: Phantom Black, Phantom Green, Phantom Silver (only 256GB variant)
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 Price in Nepal and Availability
The price of the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 in Nepal is NPR 219,999 for the 256GB variant while the 512GB model costs NPR 229,999. You can pre-order Galaxy Z Fold 3 from Samsung stores across Nepal from today or from the company’s authorized sellers.
|Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3||Price in Nepal|
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 Pre-booking in Nepal: Gifts and Offers
You can pre-book Galaxy Z Fold 3 in Nepal from today (September 5) to September 20 for an initial deposit amount of NPR 5,000. The phone will be available starting September 22. Samsung Nepal is providing an official Flip Cover with “S Pen Fold Edition” and one-time breakage insurance for 12 months (from NLG Insurance Company Ltd.) for free to those who pre-book the Fold 3.
On top of this, you’re also eligible to enjoy one of the following three benefits:
- Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro worth Rs. 25,299 for FREE or,
- Galaxy Watch 4 Classic 42mm for an additional Rs. 25,000 or,
- Galaxy Watch 4 Classic 46mm for an additional Rs. 27,000
To note, the initial deposit amount (Rs. 5,000) will be deducted from the phone’s net price when you’re making the final payment. Besides, Samsung is providing a 0% EMI offer on the Fold 3 as well, starting from NPR 10,500 per month.
This is applicable to Nabil, NIC Asia, Sunrise, Global IME, Laxmi, Machhapuchhre, Sanima, Nepal Investment, Mega, NMB, and Kumari Bank customers alongside other financial institutions, namely Upasana Bahuudeshya Sahakari Sanstha Limited and Hulas Investment.
- Trade-in facilities from Arko Store and IMS Smart (up to NPR 6,000 cash benefit)
- Galaxy Gifts worth NPR 10,000 from:
- KGH Group, GymKhana Muay Thai, Hotel Mariott Kathmandu, Gokarna Forest Resort, Smart Doko, The Statement NP, IMS Little Smiles, Let Me In, Tranquility Spa, Hotel Shambala
Check out our early impressions of the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3.