Weeks before the unveiling of the Galaxy Z Fold 4, Samsung Galaxy Fold 4 has now received a massive price cut. So, let’s take a look at the specs, features, official price and availability of the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3.
Samsung Z Fold 3 Overview:
Design and Display
The Z Fold 3 flaunts a 6.2-inch Dynamic AMOLED 2X outer screen with HD+ (2260 × 832 pixels) resolution and a 7.6-inches QXGA+ Dynamic AMOLED 2X main display with FHD+ (2208 × 1768 pixels) resolution. Further, the main screen is also HDR10+ certified. Fortunately, the Fold 3’s screen has a 120Hz refresh rate on both sides.
Retaining the Adaptive refresh rate, the main display, as well as the cover display, can dynamically adjust the refresh rate based on the content on the screen. For protection, the exterior screen and back cover are covered with a Gorilla Glass Victus.
In terms of design, the rear panel gets a new look with the pill-shaped camera arrangement. The hinge is built with Armor Aluminum that is 10% more durable to protect the interior parts of the hinge.
Plus, this time around, the Fold receives an official IPX8 certification for water resistance — the first time ever on a foldable device. All of this sums up to make Fold 3 80% more durable than Fold 2.
- Also Read:
Performance and Memory
Under the hood, the Fold 3 packs a Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 chipset paired with 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM and up to 512GB of UFS 3.1 storage. On the software side of things, it boots on Android 11-based OneUI 3.1.
Fueling the device is a 4400mAh battery that charges with a 25W adapter via the USB Type-C port. It also supports 10W wireless charging and 4.5W reverse wireless charging.
The Z Fold 3 is Samsung’s first phone to house an under-display camera. There’s a 4MP lens placed on the top-right corner of the main display.
Likewise, the device boasts a triple camera cutout led by a 12MP primary lens. This is complemented by a 12MP ultra-wide and a 12MP telephoto lens. Here, the primary and telephoto lens gets OIS support. In addition, a punch-hole in the cover display holds a 10MP sensor with an f/2.2 aperture.
Rest of the specs
Moving on, it has a side-mounted capacitive fingerprint sensor for biometrics. It also supports an S-pen specifically designed for the fold. The pen weighs 8 grams and has a 15mm tip.
The connectivity option includes Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, Galileo, and NFC. Over on the audio, it has a stereo speaker setup with Dolby Atmos. The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 is available in three colors: Phantom Black, Phantom Green, and Phantom Silver.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 Specifications:
- Outer: 6.2″ Super AMOLED 2X with HD+ (2260 x 832 pixels) resolution; 120Hz refresh rate
- Inner: 7.6″ Dynamic AMOLED 2X with FHD+ (2208 x 1768 pixels) resolution; 120Hz refresh rate
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 888; 5nm Mobile Platform
- CPU: Octa-core (1x Cortex-X1 @ 2.84GHz, 3x Cortex-A78 @ 2.42GHz, 4x Cortex-A55 @ 1.80GHz)
- GPU: Adreno 660
- Main Camera: Triple-camera; 12MP primary with f/2.2 aperture + 12MP ultra-wide lens with f/1.8 aperture + 12MP telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture
- Selfie Camera:
- Outer: 10MP with f/2.2 aperture
- Inner: 4MP under-display lens
- Memory: 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256/512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Software: Android 11 with One UI 3.1
- Fingerprint sensor: Side Mounted (capacitive)
- Battery: 4400 mAh battery, 25W wired charging, 10W wireless, 4.5W wireless charging
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, Galileo, Glonass, BeiDou, NFC, 5G
- Colors: Phantom Black, Phantom Green, Phantom Silver (only 256GB variant)
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 Price in Nepal and Availability
After the recent price drop, the price of the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 in Nepal is Rs. 169,999 for the 12/256GB variant and Rs. 179,999 for the 12/512GB variant. You can buy the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 from authorized sellers like Hukut and Sherisha Mobile Hub.
|Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3||Price in Nepal|
Check out our early impressions of the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3.