Through the second-ever virtual Unpacked event, Samsung unveiled the new Galaxy S21-lineup on the 14th of Jan. And with that, the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra is official too. Pre-booking for all the S21 series phones in Nepal started on Jan 21 and ended on Feb 4. The company came up with exciting offers for early birds. However, since the pre-booking period is over, the offer is no longer valid. So, let’s dive straight into the details of the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra, including its official price in Nepal.
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra Overview:
Super Smooth Display
Spec-wise, the S21 Ultra is the best Galaxy phone of this year. And it has a display to go with. Here, you get a big 6.82-inch 1440p AMOLED panel. Furthermore, it has a refresh rate of 120Hz at Quad HD resolution. Moreover, it gets super bright too. It has a peak brightness of 1500 nits, the brightest in the Galaxy series. Also, the contrast has been improved by 50% over the S20 series.
It is a curved display that boasts LTPO technology. This allows the screen to dynamically switch the refresh rate between 10Hz and 120Hz. The screen and the back panel is protected by the Gorilla Glass Victus. And finally, you can use an S-pen on this device. But you’re gonna need to buy a separate folio case for this.
Exynos 2100 to the rescue?
Last year’s Galaxy S20 Ultra received a lot of flake due to the use of the Exynos 990 chipset, plus the camera autofocus issue. However, this time around they have gone for the Exynos 2100 chipset. This one has an architecture similar to that of the Snapdragon 888. And promises to deliver much better performance than the Exynos 990 chipset.
The chipset has great Geekbench 5 single-core and multi-core scores and beats the score of Exynos 990 by quite a huge margin. Add to that the optimized One UI 3.1, 12/16GB of LPDDR5 RAM, and what you’ve got is a beast of a mobile. However, doubts do remain about the Mali-G78 GPU. Thus, we’ll have to wait and see how it goes head-to-head against the Adreno 660 of Snapdragon 888.
Best phone for telephoto shots
Many leaks had suggested that the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra will be the best phone for telephoto shots. And the revealed spec-sheet somewhat justifies that claim. At least on paper. The rear camera setup has four sensors. A primary 108MP ISOCELL HM3 sensor, 12MP ultra-wide lens, a 10MP periscope telephoto lens with 10x optical zoom, and another 10MP telephoto lens with 3x optical zoom.
Now, the reason why it has been labeled as the best smartphone for telephoto shots is that the periscope lens refracts the light only twice to achieve a 10x zoom. However, lenses of other smartphones require at least 5. Fewer refraction leads to an image with greater quality. Furthermore, there’s a new Image Signal Processor too. Thus, overall with the S21 Ultra, you’re likely to snap images with great quality. Not to miss out, there’s also a 40MP selfie sensor upfront.
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra Specifications:
- Body: 6.50 x 2.98 x 0.35 inches, 229 gm, IP68 rated, Gorilla Glass Victus, Aluminum frame, S-pen support (separate case required)
- Display: 6.8-inches Dynamic AMOLED 2X Infinity-O, 515PPI, Gorilla Glass Victus, Eye Comfort Shield, Adaptive 120Hz refresh rate, LTPO
- Resolution: WQHD+ (3200 x 1440 pixels)
- Chipset: Exynos 2100 5G (5nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.9 GHz Cortex-X1 & 3×2.80 GHz Cortex-A78 & 4×2.2 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G78 MP14
- RAM: 12/16GB LPDDR5
- Storage: 128/256/512GB internal storage (fixed)
- Software & UI: One UI 3.1 on top of Android 11
- Rear Camera: Quad-camera;
– 108MP primary lens with f/1.8 aperture, OIS, PDAF
– 12MP ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 120º FOV
– 10MP telephoto with f/2.4 aperture, 3x optical zoom
– 10MP telephoto with f/4.9 aperture, 10x optical zoom
– Laser AF sensor, LED flash
- Front Camera: 40MP, f/2.2 lens (punch-hole)
- Security: Ultrasonic fingerprint sensor (Qualcomm Gen 2)
- Audio: Stereo speaker, Tuned by AKG
- Connectivity: Single/Dual-SIM (Nano), WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6E, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS / AGPS / Glonass / Galileo / BDS, USB Type-C, UWB, 4G LTE, 5G (sub-6GHz, mmWave)
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro, Geomagnetic, Hall, Proximity, Ambient Light
- Battery: 5000mAh with 25W fast charging (USB-C to USB-C), 15W wireless charging, 4.5W reverse wireless powershare
- Color options (in Nepal): Phantom – Black, Silver
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra Price in Nepal [Official]
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra is now available for purchase from official retail outlets in Nepal. The official price of S21 Ultra in Nepal for the 12/256GB is set at Rs. 154,999.
|Model||Memory Variant||Price in Nepal|
|Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra||12/256GB||NPR. 154,999|
- Check out our review of the new Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra.