After the multiple rumors sprouts, the Sony Xperia 1 V is finally here. This flagship phone bears some impressive specs, such as an EXMOR T sensor for mobile, Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chip, and more. Let’s get into the specs, features, and expected price of the Sony Xperia 1 V in Nepal.
Sony Xperia 1 V Overview:
As the name suggests, the Xperia 1 V is the successor to last year’s Xperia 1 IV, which came with a 4K display and Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chipset. Sony has only been launching one flagship phone per year—although the company did experiment with a “PRO” lineup as well in 2021.
EXMOR tech from the Alpha cameras
Sony is one of the pioneers when it comes to camera tech. What’s new here is that its 52MP 1/1.35″ primary camera uses an “EXMOR T sensor for mobile”, borrowed from Sony’s “Alpha” lineup of cameras for better pro-grade photographic capability. Here, instead of placing photodiodes and pixel transistors in the same substrate, the EXMOR T sensor’s “dual-layer” technology places them in different layers and then stacks them on top.
This optimization allows for a wider dynamic range with more details and higher contrast. And Sony claims 2x improvement in low light photography compared to its predecessor.
Likewise, there’s a 12MP ultrawide (16mm) and a 12MP telephoto camera (85 – 125mm) with OIS and f/2.3 – f/2.8 variable aperture. For selfies and video calls, a 12MP 24mm sensor is present upfront. Sony has also used its “EXMOR RS for mobile” tech on Xperia 1 V’s cameras. Furthermore, there is ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating on all lenses, whereas the ToF sensor says “hasta la vista” this time.
Design and Display
As a flagship phone, Sony has also emphasized on the build quality of this thing. Its rear side uses hardened glass in a frosted finish with tiny convex shapes for better resistance against fingerprint smudges and scratches. The phone is IP65 and IP68 dust/water resistant too. Not to forget, the Xperia 1 V has Gorilla Glass Victus protection at the back and Gorilla Glass Victus 2 protection on the display. The phone is available in three color options: Black, Platinum Silver, and Khaki Green.
Up front, the Xperia 1 V sports a flat 6.5″ OLED display with a wide 21:9 aspect ratio and no notch like its predecessor. And Sony continues to provide a 4K resolution alongside a 120Hz refresh rate on the Xperia 1 V as well. To top it all off, this screen also adapts the BRAVIA HDR remaster technology for high-quality visuals and colors.
- Also Read:
- Sony Camera Price in Nepal 2023 [Updated]
- Sony Xperia 10V announced with a 60Hz OLED display, Snapdragon 695
- Google leaps into the foldable phone market with “Pixel Fold”
- Pixel 7a launched with Tensor G2, 90Hz display, and updated cameras
Moving on, the Xperia 1 IV gets the horsepower of the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chip on the core. This 4nm processor houses a Kryo Prime core (3.2 GHz) based on Cortex-X3. It is backed by four performance cores (2.8 GHz) and three efficiency cores (2.0 GHz). The chip is paired with 12GB RAM and either 256GB or 512GB of internal storage. On the software side, the phone boots on Android 13 out of the box.
More importantly, Sony says it has also improved the thermal solution here. The Xperia 1 V gets a 60% larger heat diffusion sheet, which should help with overheating concerns.
Battery and Others
Moving on, Xperia 1 V is fueled by a 5000mAh battery with 30W fast charging and Qi wireless charging support. The phone also retains a 3.5mm headphone jack and storage expansion of up to 1TB via a microSD card. To note, Sony is one of the very few smartphone makers to still offer both of these features on its flagship phones. Moving on, the connectivity options consist of WiFi 6E, Bluetooth 5.3, USB Type-C Gen 3.2, and NFC.
Sony Xperia 1 V Specifications:
- Body: Gorilla Glass Victus 2 (front), Gorilla Glass Victus (back)
- Durability: IP65/IP68 dust and water resistant
- Display: 6.5″ 4K OLED panel, 21:9 aspect ratio, 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, BRAVIA HDR remaster
- Rear Cameras: ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating
– 52MP 1/1.35″ primary, EXMOR T for mobile, f/1.9, 24mm, OIS
– 12MP 1/3.5″ telephoto, f/2.3 – f/2.8, 85-125mm, OIS
– 12MP 1/2.5″ ultrawide, 16mm, 123° FoV
- Video: Up to 4K HDR at 120fps (all three cameras)
- Front Camera: 12MP 1/2.9″ sensor (top bezel)
- Processor: Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 5G (4nm)
- Memory: 12GB LPDDR5X RAM, 256GB storage (expandable)
- Battery: 5000mAh with 30W USB-PD fast charging, Qi wireless charging
- Audio, Stereo speakers, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Connectivity: WiFi 6E, Bluetooth 5.3, GPS, NFC, eSIM
- Ports: USB Gen 3.2 Type-C
- Colors: Black, Platinum Silver, Khaki Green
Sony Xperia 1 V Price in Nepal and Availability
The official price of the Sony Xperia 1 V is set at USD 1,399 / EUR 1,399. It is already up for pre-order and will be available from June. Although it’s very unlikely that the phone will launch here, we can expect the Sony Xperia 1 V price in Nepal to begin from NPR 220,999 if and when it does.
|Sony Xperia 1 V||Price in the US||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|12/256GB||USD 1,399||NPR 220,999|
- Meanwhile, check out our review of the Xiaomi 13 Pro