Valve Corporation, an American video game developer company, announced Steam Deck back in 2021. It was a Nintendo Switch-like hybrid handheld gaming console that supports Steam games. Now, the company has given their original consoles a few upgrades. In this article, we will delve into what’s new on the Valve Steam Deck OLED, its expected price in Nepal, and so on.
Valve Steam Deck OLED Overview:
Design and Display
The Valve Steam Deck OLED has not deviated from its original design. The design and controls are the same down to the teeth. It comes in a dimension of 298 x 117 x 49 mm and weighs 640 grams. Furthermore, it also features HD haptics with a 6-axis IMU gyroscope.
This new iteration gets its most significant upgrade in terms of the display. As the name implies, it has an OLED touchscreen that measures 7.4” diagonally. This HDR-ready screen has 1,000 nits of peak brightness, a 90Hz refresh rate, and a 110% P3 color gamut.
The Valve Steam Deck OLED also receives upgrades under the hood. It comes with the AMD APU with the same Zen 2 CPU and 8 RDNA 2 CUs GPU. The CPU and GPU’s maximum clock speed remains the same at 3.5 GHz and 1.6 GHz respectively. However, the new variant is based on a power-efficient 6nm process instead of 7nm.
Similarly, this handheld also comes with 16GB LPDDR5 RAM on board. This memory is capable of 6400 MT/s, which is an upgrade over the previous 5500 MT/s. Furthermore, the Valve Steam Deck OLED comes with either 512 GB or 1 TB NVMe SSD for storage. It also has a high-speed microSD card slot for further memory expansion. Lastly, it runs on Arch-based SteamOS 3 on the software side of things.
Battery and the rest
Powering the handheld is a bigger 50Wh battery that provides 12 hours of gameplay at most. It is then complemented by PD 3.0 charging up to 45W via a USB Type-C port. This also doubles down as a DisplayPort with up to 8K@60Hz or 4K@120Hz output. The Valve Steam Deck OLED also comes with a 3.5mm earphone jack.
In terms of wireless connectivity, this upgraded variant supports tri-band WiFi 6E and Bluetooth v5.3 with a dedicated Bluetooth antenna. Furthermore, it comes with stereo speakers with embedded DSP and a dual microphone array.
- You may also like
Valve Steam Deck OLED Specifications:
- Dimensions: 298.00 mm x 117.00 mm x 49.00 mm
- Weight: 640 grams
- Display: 7.4” HDR OLED Panel, Touch, 1000 nits peak brightness, >1 million:1 contrast ratio, 110% P3 Colour Gamut, 90Hz refresh rate, <0.1ms response time
- Resolution: 1,280 x 800
- Controls: A B X Y buttons, D-pad, L and R analog triggers, L and R bumpers, View and Menu buttons, 4x assignable grip buttons, 2x full-size analog stocks with capacitive touch, 2x 32.50 mm square trackpads
- Chipset: AMD APU (6nm)
- CPU: Zen 2 4c/8t, 2.4–3.5GHz (up to 448 GFlops FP32)
- GPU: 8 RDNA 2 CUs, 1.6GHz (1.6TFlops FP32)
- RAM: 16 GB LPDDR5 (6400 MT/s quad 32-bit channels)
- Storage: 512 GB / 1 TB NVMe SSD + Expandable with high-speed MicroSD card
- OS: SteamOS 3 (Arch-based)
- Audio: Stereo speakers with embedded DSP + Dual microphone array
- Sensor: Dual ambient light sensor
- Battery: 50Wh with 45W PD3.0 charging via Type-C
- Connectivity: Tri-band WiFi 6E, Bluetooth v5.3, 3.5mm headphone jack
Valve Steam Deck OLED Price in Nepal and Availability
In the US, it is set to ship on 16 November 2023 at USD 549 and USD 649 for the 512 GB and 1 TB variants, respectively. But Valve says this is a limited edition offering and will only be available in the USA and Canada. However, if it ever makes its way here, we expect the Valve Stem Deck OLED price in Nepal to be NPR 87,949 for the base variant.
|Valve Steam Deck OLED||Price in USA (Official)||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|512 GB||USD 549||NPR 87,949|
|1 TB||USD 649||NPR 103,949|
- Meanwhile, check out our AYANEO Pocket Air review