Xiaomi finally unveiled its 12 series of flagship phones for the global market a few weeks ago. And now, the top-of-the-line Xiaomi 12 Pro has made its way to Nepal as well. This new phone features multiple new innovations, including a brand new Sony camera sensor and an in-house Surge P1 chip. So, let’s walk through the specs, features, official price, pre-order offers, and availability of the Xiaomi 12 Pro in Nepal.
Xiaomi 12 Pro Price in Nepal and Availability
The price of Xiaomi 12 Pro in Nepal is NPR 114,999 for the 12/256GB variant, while the 8/256GB variant costs Rs. 104,999. You can get it in either Blue or Purple colour option.
|Xiaomi 12 Pro||Price in Nepal|
Xiaomi 12 Pro Pre-booking Offers in Nepal:
As for the pre-booking offers, the company is offering a flat NPR 5,000 off which means the effective price of the Xiaomi 12 Pro in Nepal will be NPR 109,999 during this period. Apart from this, you can also choose between one of the following two gifts for free:
- Mi Neckband Bluetooth Earphone Pro (worth NPR 3,699)
- Mi Portable Bluetooth Speaker (worth NPR 2,399)
Besides this, those who pre-order the phone will also be eligible to receive 6 months of screen breakage insurance and 1 year extended warranty.
Xiaomi 12 Pro Overview:
Display and Design
Starting with the display, this phone features a 6.73-inch E5 AMOLED panel with WQHD+ resolution. Interestingly, the screen here has a 10-bit color depth which is inferior to the standard Xiaomi 12’s 12-bit colors.
Regardless, this screen is slightly curved at the sides. It uses second-generation LTPO technology that allows the display’s refresh rate to drop down to up to 1Hz from the native 120Hz.
Moving on, the touch sampling rate here is listed at 480Hz. In addition, the phone supports HDR10+ and Dolby Vision—while getting as bright as 1500 nits when viewing compatible content.
Performance and Memory
Inside, the Xiaomi 12 Pro packs Qualcomm’s flagship Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chipset. It is paired with up to 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM and 512GB of UFS 3.1 storage. The phone will ship with MIUI 13 based on Android 12 out-of-the-box. Xiaomi has also included a vapor chamber cooling setup to keep the core temperature in check.
- Also Read:
The re-designed camera module at the back houses three 50MP sensors. First is the Sony IMX707, which is the latest flagship offering from the company with a 1/1.28″ sensor and 2.44μm pixel size (after pixel binning).
As per Xiaomi, this new sensor can capture 49% more light than its predecessor. Accompanying it are a 50MP ultrawide and a 50MP telephoto sensor.
Xiaomi 12 Pro also introduces a new feature called “Cyber Focus”, which it inherits from the CyberDog. This will allow the phone to identify different subjects and track their movements.
Over on the front, there is a 32MP selfie camera with support for an advanced beauty portrait mode—just like the regular Xiaomi 12.
Rest of the specs
Moving on, the 12 Pro is the first Xiaomi phone to come with the in-house Surge P1 chip. It allows the phone to support 120W wired, 50W wireless, and 10W reverse wireless charging in a single-cell 4,500mAh battery. In terms of audio, there’s a stereo speaker setup tuned by Harman Kardon.
Xiaomi 12 Pro Specifications:
- Body: 163.6 x 74.6 x 8.16/8.66mm, 204/205 gm
- Display: 6.73″ E5 AMOLED panel, 120Hz refresh rate, Up to 480Hz touch sampling rate, Dolby Vision, HDR10+, 1500 nits brightness, 10-bit colors
- Resolution: WQHD+ (3200 x 1440 pixels)
- Display Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 (4nm Mobile Platform)
- Memory: 8/12GB LPDDR5 RAM, 128/256GB UFS 3.1 storage (fixed)
- Software & UI: Android 12 with Xiaomi’s MIUI 13 on top
- Rear Camera: Triple (with LED flash);
– 50MP Sony IMX707, f/1.9 primary lens
– 50MP f/2.2 ultra-wide lens, 115º FOV
– 50M f/1.9 2x telephoto lens
- Front Camera: 32MP sensor (punch-hole cutout)
- Audio: Quad speaker setup, No headphone jack
- Security: In-display fingerprint sensor, Face unlock
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Ambient Light, Gyroscope, Proximity, Electronic Compass, Linear Motor, IR Blaster
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM (Nano), WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax (Dual-band), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS / AGPS / Glonass / Beidou / NavIC / GLONASS / QZSS, NFC, 5G, USB Type-C
- Battery: 4600mAh (single-cell)
- Charging: 120W wired, 50W wireless, 10W reverse wireless
Meanwhile, check out our review of the Xiaomi 11 Lite NE 5G.