Xiaomi has refreshed the Civi series with the new “Civi 3” smartphone. It comes with a powerful Dimensity 8200 Ultra chip, dual 32MP selfie cameras, and more. In this article, let’s walk through the specs, features, and expected price of the Xiaomi Civi 3 in Nepal.
Xiaomi Civi 3 Overview:
In case you didn’t know, Xiaomi’s “Civi” lineup is exclusive to the Chinese market, although these phones do arrive with a different name in the international arena with a slight makeover. For example, last year’s Xiaomi Civi 2 arrived as Xiaomi 13 Lite. So we might see Xiaomi Civi 3 hit the global market as “Xiaomi 14 Lite” later this year.
Design and Display
In terms of design, the front of the phone has a curved screen with a pill-shaped cutout for dual selfie cameras. Just like on the Civi 2. Whereas Xiaomi has made some noticeable changes at the back. The Civi 3 now adapts a dual-tone design with a lighter color on the top half and a darker color tone on the bottom half. Also, the camera module gets a slight redesign. Xiaomi ships the phone in four color options: Rose Purple, Mint Green, Adventure Gold, and Coconut Ash.
Upfront, you are greeted with a 6.55-inch OLED curved display with an FHD resolution and Gorilla Glass 5 protection. Offering a 120Hz refresh rate and a touch sampling rate of up to 240Hz, this screen also supports 1920Hz PWM dimming, 12-bit colors, DCI-P3 color gamut, and 1500 nits of peak brightness.
For the first time in this lineup, Xiaomi has opted for a MediaTek chip for the Civi 3. It is powered by a Dimensity 8200 Ultra processor, which is fabbed under a 4nm process. However, this “Ultra” variant doesn’t seem to be any different from the regular Dimensity 8200 in terms of CPU or GPU. Xiaomi says it has used a 4000mm² VC liquid cooling technology to keep the thermals in check.
Moving to the optics, this phone sports a triple-camera setup at the back. The trio includes a 50MP Sony IMX800 f/1.77 sensor with 2x lossless zoom and OIS. And accompanying it is an 8MP f/2.2 ultra-wide and a 2MP macro sensor.
On top of that, Xiaomi and MediaTek co-partnership for the Dimensity 8200 Ultra features a dedicated IMG BXT 6E Gen 1 ISP and a MediaTek APU 580 AI engine for better photography and faster processing on the Civi 3. As for videos, its main camera is capable of recording at up to 4K 30 fps.
Getting to the selfie camera, Xiaomi Civi 3’s pill-shaped cutout includes a 32MP f/2.0 main shooter with autofocus and a 32MP f/2.4 ultrawide camera with 100° FoV and EIS support. Also, the Civi 3 finally breaks the tradition of 1080p video recording from the front cameras as it supports up to 4K 30 fps recording.
- Also Read:
- Xiaomi 13 Ultra arrives with a 1-inch variable aperture main camera
- Redmi Note 12 5G with a 48MP main camera is launching soon in Nepal
- Nothing confirms that phone (2) is launching this June
Fueling the smartphone is a 4500mAh battery that supports 67W PD fast charging. As for the connectivity options, Civi 3 has WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.3, GPS, NFC, and a USB Type-C port.
Xiaomi Civi 3 Specifications:
- Display: 6.55-inches OLED, 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, Gorilla Glass 5, HDR10+, Dolby Vision
- Resolution: FHD+ (2400 x 1080 pixels), 402 PPI, 20:9 aspect ratio
- Other Properties: 68 billion (12-bit) colors, 1920Hz PWM dimming, True Color Technology, 1500 nits (peak brightness)
- Chipset: Mediatek Dimensity 8200 Ultra (4nm mobile platform)
- Memory: 12/16GB RAM, 256/512GB/1TB storage (fixed)
- Software & UI: Android 13 with Xiaomi’s MIUI 14 on top
- Rear Camera: Triple (with LED flash);
– 50MP Sony IMX800 primary sensor, f/1.77, OIS
– 8MP Sony IMX355 ultrawide sensor, f/2.2, 120° FoV
– 2MP macro sensor, f/2.4, 4cm focus
- Front Camera: Dual (with two LED flash)
– 32MP primary sensor, f/2.0, autofocus
– 32MP ultrawide sensor, f/2.4, 100° FoV
- Audio: Dual stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos Audio
- Security: In-display fingerprint sensor (optical), Face unlock
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Ambient light, E-compass, Flicker, Gyro, Proximity, IR blaster
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM (Nano), WiFi 6 (Dual-band), Bluetooth 5.3, GPS / AGPS / Beidou / Galileo / Glonass, USB Type-C, 5G
- Battery: 4500mAh with 67W wired PD charging (67W power adapter provided)
- Color Options: Rose Purple, Mint Green, Adventure Gold, and Coconut Ash
Xiaomi Civi 3 Price in Nepal and Availability
The official price of Xiaomi Civi 3 starts at CNY 2,499 (around USD 350 / INR 29,200) in China for the base 12/256GB version and goes up to CNY 2,999 (around USD 425 / INR 35,000) for the top-end model. We expect the Xiaomi Civi 3 price in Nepal to begin from NPR 57,999 when it launches here.
|Xiaomi Civi 3||Price in China (Official)||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|12/256GB||CNY 2,499||NPR 55,999|
|12/512GB||CNY 2,699||NPR 60,999|
|16/1TB||CNY 2,999||NPR 67,499|
- Meanwhile, you can check our Xiaomi 13 Lite review