The Xiaomi Mi Max 3 brings in a huge display but that is what the Max series is all about. Although this time, it’s breaking all the records with a giant 6.9″ display, all thanks to the 18:9 aspect ratio minimum bezel design. Apart from that, it also features a really huge battery, 5,500mAh to be exact.
The smartphone was made official in an event today, not that we were invited. But we did get a full extensive overview of this giant, alongside a few official photos. It’s a pretty similar smartphone to the Redmi Note 5, apart from the obvious display size and battery capacity.
The Xiaomi Mi Max 3 features a huge 6.9″ 18:9 ratio display with a resolution of 1080×2160 pixels, which accounts for 350 pixels per inch. It runs on Snapdragon 636 SoC with Adreno 509 GPU. There are two variants, one with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage, the other with 6GB RAM and 128GB storage. It is a hybrid setup so if you are a dual SIM user, you might be disappointed.
The dual 12MP + 5MP camera setup on the back should deliver good bokeh effects. The main camera is a f/1.9 aperture lens while the secondary helps with depth. The camera is also capable of 4k video recording, although Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) is only supported below 1080p. The front gets a single 8MP f/2.0 1.12µm sensor.
Also Read: Xiaomi Mobiles Latest Price in Nepal
Features like 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, USB C port, 3.5mm audio jack and Quick Charge 3.0 comes standard. Rightfully so as the 5,500mAh battery will take a while to charge through normal speeds. The phone comes with Android 8.1 Oreo with MIUI 9.5 out of the box.
Apart from the internals, the external dimensions of the devices measure in at 176.2 x 87.4 x 8mm with a weight of 221g. It will be available in Champagne Gold, Blue, and Black color options. Pricing starts at CNY 1,699 or $252 for the base model and CNY 1,999 or $300 for the 6GBRAM and 128GB storage variant.
Xiaomi MI Max 3 Specifications
- Display: 6.9-inch IPS LCD
- Resolution: Full HD+ (1080 x 2160 pixels) @ 350PPI pixel density, 18:9 aspect ratio
- CPU: Octa-core 1.8 GHz Kryo 260
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 636
- GPU: Adreno 509
- OS: Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- RAM: 4/6 GB
- Storage: 64/128 GB (expandable up to 256 GB, Uses SIM 2 slot)
- Rear Camera: Dual: 12 MP (f/1.9, 1.4μm, dual pixel PDAF) + 5 MP (depth sensor), LED flash
- Front Camera: 8 MP, f/2.0, 1.12µm
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- SIM: Dual Hybrid SIM with 4G
- Battery: 5,500 mAh, supports Quick Charge 3.0 (9V/2A, 18 watts)
- Price: CNY 1,699 or $252 (for 4/64GB) | CNY 1,999 or $300 (for 6/128GB)