Back in December, Huawei released the 2021 iteration of its MateBook D series of notebooks. The company has now refreshed the lineup with the latest AMD Ryzen 5000-series processors. Here, we will be discussing the key specifications, features, expected price, and availability of Huawei MateBook D 14 and 15 Ryzen Edition in Nepal.
Huawei MateBook D 14, 15 Ryzen Overview:
The new MateBooks come with the latest Ryzen 5000-U series processors. Users can choose between Ryzen 5 5500U and Ryzen 7 5700U. Here, the Ryzen 5 5500U features six cores with a maximum clock frequency of 4.0GHz.
On the other hand, Ryzen 7 5700U has eight cores and a clock frequency of up to 4.4GHz. Both processors have a default TDP of 15W and they support Simultaneous Multithreading (SMT) technology for multithreaded applications too.
- Also Read:
There is no discrete GPU here and users will have to rely on the integrated Radeon Vega graphics. The GPU on the Ryzen 7 has more cores (8 cores) and a higher frequency (1900MHz) compared to the Ryzen 5 (7 cores @ 1800MHz).
Because of the low TDP, Huawei is relying on a single fan solution to keep the core temperature in check. Accompanying this are two heat pipes.
Design and Display
Besides this, the AMD version of Huawei’s MateBook D is pretty similar to its Intel counterpart. As the monikers suggest, the MateBook D 14 features a 14-inch display while the MateBook D 15 has a larger 15.6-inch screen.
Both screens feature an FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS panel with 300 nits of brightness. The 14-inch model has a slightly better pixel density. Other than that, they cover 100% of sRGB color space and 178º viewing angles. Plus, Huawei has also attained TÜV Rheinland’s low blue light certification.
This metal chassis is available in two colors – Moon Silver and Deep Space Gray. As expected, the MateBook D 15 is both thicker and heavier than its smaller sibling.
- Also Read:
Battery and Connectivity
As for the ports, you get one USB-C connection with charging support, two USB-A, one HDMI, and a 3.5mm combo jack. Their keyboard is backlit and the power button is home to a fingerprint scanner too. One of the keys hides the 720p webcam, which pops up only when you need it. Both laptops feature a 56Wh battery with support for 65W charging.
Huawei MateBook D 14, 15 Ryzen Edition Specifications:
- D 14: 322.5W x 214.8D x 15.9H-mm, 1.39 kg
- D 15: 357.8W x 229.9D x 16.9H-mm, 1.63 kg
- D 14: 14-inches FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS, 157 PPI
- D 15: 15.6-inches FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS, 141 PPI
- Display properties: 100% sRGB, 300 nits, 16:9 aspect ratio, TÜV Rheinland Low Blue Light, DC Dimming
- Keyboard: Full-sized backlit keyboard
- Touchpad: Multi-touch supported touchpad
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 5500U / Ryzen 5 5700U
- Memory: 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD
- Graphics: Radeon Vega
- Audio: 2x speaker
- Battery: 56 WHr, 65W USB-C power adapter
- Webcam: 720p HD camera (hidden)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax (2×2 MIMO), Bluetooth 5.1
- I/O ports: 1x 3.5mm mic/headphone jack, 1x USB 2.0 Type-A, 1x USB Type-C (charging supported), 1x HDMI, 1x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A
Huawei MateBook D 14, 15 Ryzen Price in Nepal
Huawei MateBook D 14 and 15 Ryzen Edition will go on sale in China from June 1 where their price starts at 4,599 Yuan and 4,699 Yuan, respectively. If Huawei MateBook D 14 and D 15 Ryzen Edition were to launch in Nepal, we expect their starting price to be NPR 90,000 and NPR 93,000, respectively.
|Laptop||Processor||Price in China||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|MateBook D 14 2021||Ryzen 5 5500U||4,599 Yuan||NPR 90,000|
|Ryzen 7 5700U||5,099 Yuan||NPR 100,000|
|MateBook D 15 2021||Ryzen 5 5500U||4,699 Yuan||NPR 93,000|
|Ryzen 7 5700U||5,199 Yuan||NPR 103,000|
- Meanwhile, check out our 2021 gaming PC build for under $1000.