The rumors have been proved right; iQOO has finally landed in India. iQOO, with its premium lineup of gaming smartphones, became a well-known name in the Chinese market. And now, the company looks to replicate it in the Indian market in the second year of its establishment. iQOO wanted the title of first 5G phone in India but that has since been snatched away by Realme. We initially thought that iQOO will be launching two devices- one with 5G and other without it. But to our disappointment, the company has launched iQOO 3 in three configurations with 5G connectivity available only in one of them.
Also, check out Realme X50 Pro 5G
iQOO 3 Overview
iQOO has never disappointed in the chipset department by always including the latest flagship chipset and the iQOO 3 is no different. It comes with the latest Snapdragon 865 chipset. One can choose between three different memory configurations- 8/128GB, 8/256GB, and 12/256GB. The last one is the only variant that supports 5G. Though it is not the first 5G phone in India, it is indeed the first one to come with the UFS 3.1 storage. RAM on this device is also based on the latest LPDDR5 technology.
Also, check out Sony’s first 5G flagship device
It comes with a 6.44-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED Display. Even being a flagship gaming phone, it doesn’t come with the trendy 120Hz refresh rate. iQOO has instead provided a 60Hz display coupled with a 180Hz response rate.
The display can be bright up to 1200 nits. There is a punch-hole on the top right of the display for the front camera and the fingerprint sensor has been included under the display.
It comes with a quad-camera setup on the back. The primary sensor comes with a 48MP Sony IMX582 sensor. It is accompanied by a telephoto lens and an ultrawide sensor (both of 13MP) and a 2MP depth sensor. Upfront there is a 16MP front camera for selfies. It may not be the best camera setup on paper in this price range but when has a gaming phone wowed us with its cameras anyway.
On the right side of the phone, you get two “Monster Touch” pressure-sensitive buttons that you can assign different in-game functions. One can enter the Monster mode by holding the two keys together. You will also be able to feel in-game recoil and steering with 4D vibration. This mode will enable the chipset to run at its full capacity.
For longer gaming sessions, iQOO has included a massive 4,400mAH battery. It is complemented by a 55W fast charging technology that the company claims can charge the phone up to 50% in 15 minutes. The phone will ship with iQOO UI 1.0 on top of Android 10.
Also, check out the preview of the upcoming Android 11
iQOO 3 specifications
- Display: 6.44-inch (2460×1080 pixels) Full HD+ Super AMOLED, Punch-hole, 180Hz response rate
- Processor: Octa-core Snapdragon 865
- GPU: Adreno 652 GPU
- RAM: 8GB/12GB
- Storage: 128/256GB UFS 3.1
- OS: Android 10 with iQOO UI on top
- Back Camera: 48MP Sony IMX582 with f/1.75 aperture, 13MP telephoto with f/2.46 aperture, 13MP wide-angle camera with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- Front Camera: 16MP camera with f/2.45 aperture
- Security: In-display fingerprint sensor
- Audio: Dual Smart PA, Hi-Fi Audio, Dual Front Speakers
- Dimensions: 160×75.25x 8.7mm; Weight: 190g
- Connectivity: 5G (on 12/256 Variant), WiFi (2.4Ghz,5.1Ghz, 5.8Ghz), Bluetooth 5.1, Dual-frequency GPS, 3.5mm headphone jack, 2X Monster touch buttons
- Battery: 4400mAh with 55W FlashCharge
iQOO 3 Price in Nepal & Availability
The iQOO 3 will be available for purchase starting from the 4th of March in India through its own site & Flipkart. It is priced as follows:
- iQOO 3 (8/128GB): INR 36,990 (~NRs. 59,190)
- iQOO 3 (8/256GB): INR 39,990 (~NRs. 64,000)
- iQOO 3 5G (12/256GB): INR 44,990 (~NRs. 72,000)
There is a strong probability of the Nepal launch of iQOO 3 following the Indian launch. Should it launch here with competitive pricing, it will turn out to be a massive hit; just like the Poco F1.
Don’t forget to check out our review of Asus Zenbook Pro Duo!