Microsoft has unveiled the Surface Go 3 2-in-1 laptop at its September launch event held yesterday. It brings a significant upgrade in terms of performance with the new Intel processors. So, let’s get into the specs, features, expected price, and availability of Microsoft Surface Go 3 in Nepal.
Microsoft Surface Go 3 Overview:
Design and Display
The Surface Go 3 flaunts a 10.5-inch PixelSense touchscreen (10-point) with 1920 x 1280 resolution. This panel has a 1500:1 contrast ratio, Gorilla Glass 3 protection, and even supports Surface Pen for stylus input.
In terms of design, it retains the thin and light profile of its predecessor. Furthermore, like the Surface Pro and the previous Surface Go devices, the Go 3 features a fold-out stand.
- Also Read:
The new iteration of Surface Go comes in two models: one with an Intel Pentium Gold 6500Y CPU and one with Core i3-10100Y. This is a big improvement over the Surface Go 2 that had Pentium Gold 4425Y or 8th gen Core m3 processor. As per Microsoft, this silicon bump will help Surface Go 3 perform 60% than its predecessor.
Memory-wise, it comes with 4 or 8GB of LPDDR3 RAM along with 128GB of SSD storage. Also, there’s a base variant with 64GB eMMC storage. The device comes pre-installed with Windows 11 and has a rated battery life of 11 hours. To note, there’s also an LTE variant of the Surface Go 3 which Microsoft says will be available in the coming months.
Camera and Audio
Moving on, it has a 5MP camera on the front and an 8MP lens at the back. Both of them can shoot 1080p HD videos. It also supports Windows Hello facial recognition for biometrics. Over on to the audio, there’s a 2W stereo speaker setup with Dolby Audio support.
Rest of the specs
Likewise, connectivity options on the Surface Go 3 include WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.0, a USB-C, a 3.5 mm headphone jack, one Surface Connect port, a Surface Type Cover port, and a microSDXC card slot.
Microsoft Surface Go 3 Specifications:
- Display: 10.5” PixelSense, 3:2 aspect ratio, 1500:1 contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 3, Surface Pen support, 10-point multi-touch
- Resolution: 1920 x 1280 (220 PPI)
- Processor: Intel Pentium Gold 6500Y / Intel Core i3-10100Y
- Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 615
- Memory: 4/8GB LPDDR3 RAM, 64GB eMMC / 128GB SSD storage
- Software: Windows 11
- Rear Camera: 8MP
- Front Camera: 5MP with Windows Hello face recognition
- Battery: Up to 11 hours
- Audio: Dual far-field studio mics, 2W stereo speakers with Dolby Audio
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 6 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Bluetooth 5.0
- Ports: 1x USB-C, 1x 3.5 mm headphone jack, 1x Surface Connect port, 1x Surface Type Cover Port, 1x microSDXC Card Reader
Microsoft Surface Go 3 Price in Nepal and Availability
The Surface Go 3 is available for pre-order at a starting price of USD 399.99 for the Pentium variant with Wi-Fi connectivity, 4GB RAM, and 64GB storage. Although it’s unlikely to officially launch in Nepal, we expect the price of the Microsoft Surface Go 3 to start at NPR 55,000 in case it arrives here.
|Microsoft Surface Go 3||Price in the US||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|Intel Pentium, 4GB RAM, 64GB eMMC storage (Wi-Fi)||USD 399.99||NPR 55,000|
|Intel Pentium, 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD (Wi-Fi)||USD 499.99||NPR 68,000|
|Intel Core i3, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD (Wi-Fi)||USD 629.99||NPR 86,000|
- Meanwhile, check out our review of the best budget tablets in 2021.