Nokia has just launched its latest mid-range 5G smartphone, the Nokia G50. Interestingly, it is the first 5G smartphone in the company’s G-lineup. Here, we will be looking at the specs, features, expected price, and availability of the Nokia G50 5G in Nepal.
Nokia G50 Overview:
Design and Display
Staring with the design, Nokia G50 follows the same Nordic design that newer Nokia phones have implemented. Here, you get to choose between two color options: Ocean Blue and Midnight Sun.
Nokia G50 5G sports a 6.82-inch LCD panel with a V-shaped notch for the selfie camera. As with other G-series phones, the resolution is limited to HD+. Also, the bottom bezel here is thicker than on other sides and it houses the Nokia branding.
Performance and Memory
Under the hood, Nokia G50 packs Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 480 5G. It’s the same chipset that powers Nokia’s X-series phones that came before it. Memory-wise, you get the option to choose between 4/64GB and 4/128GB variants.
- Also Read:
Over on the back, the circular camera module encloses three camera sensors along with an LED flash. The triple camera setup includes a 48MP primary, a 5MP ultra-wide, and a 2MP depth sensor. There is an 8MP selfie camera up front for selfies and video calls.
Rest of the specs
Nokia G50 gets its juice from a 5,000mAh battery that supports 18W charging over the Type-C port. In terms of connectivity, the phone is Wi-Fi 6-ready and supports Bluetooth 5.0 and NFC. It retains the 3.5mm headphone jack and Nokia even provides a headset in the box.
Moving on, the fingerprint scanner is mounted on the power button and there’s a dedicated Google Assistant button too.
Nokia G50 Specifications:
- Body (H x L x W): 8.85 x 183.83 x 77.69mm, 220 gm
- Display: 6.82-inches HD+ LCD panel, 450 nits, 70% NTSC
- Chipset: Snapdragon 480 5G (8nm Mobile Platform)
- Memory: 4GB RAM, 64/128GB storage
- Software & UI: Android 11 (2 years version, 3 years security update)
- Rear Camera: Triple (48MP main + 5MP ultrawide + 2MP depth)
- Front Camera: 8MP sensor (V-notch)
- Security: Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Face unlock
- Battery: 5,000mAh with 18W wired charging
- Color Options: Ocean Blue, Midnight Sun
Nokia G50 Price in Nepal and Availability
Nokia G50 is currently available in limited European markets like UK, Spain, and France. Its price starts at EUR 259 for the 4/64GB variant while the 4/128GB model costs between EUR 269 and EUR 299 depending upon the market. We expect the price of the Nokia G50 in Nepal to start at NPR 35,000 if and when it launches here.
|Nokia G50||Price in Europe||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|4/64GB||EUR 259||NPR 30,000|
|4/128GB||EUR 269||NPR 33,000|
- Meanwhile, check out our review of the Nokia G20.