After weeks of teasers, Motorola officially bounced back in the Nepalese market and launched two phones during the Daraz 12.12 campaign. One of them is the Moto G9 Play, which looks to be a decent contender in the best phone under 20K market in Nepal. So, let’s take a look at the specs, features, official price, and availability of Motorola Moto G9 Play in Nepal.
Motorola Moto G9 Play Overview:
Design and Display
Moto G9 Play features a 6.5-inch Max Vision display. The display is based on IPS LCD technology and sports an HD+ resolution of 1600 x 720 pixels. There is a waterdrop style notch on the top that houses the front camera. The aspect ratio on this is 20:9.
The body of the Moto G9 Play is entirely made up of plastic. One can notice the square camera bump on the rear panel. The rear panel also houses a physical fingerprint sensor. Motorola has opted for a water repellent design to keep the device safe from minor spills and splashes.
Performance and Memory
Likewise, Moto G9 Play is one of the first devices to sport the Snapdragon 662 SoC. This chipset is based on the 11nm node and features eight Kryo 260 cores clocked at 2GHz. The graphics are handled by Adreno 610 GPU clocked at 950MHz. Similarly, the phone comes with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. With this, Moto G9 Play goes head-to-head against the likes of POCO M2 and Redmi 9/Prime. Users can expand the latter by up to 512GB using a microSD card. The device ships with near-stock Android 10 with default Google apps.
The G9 Play flaunts a triple camera setup on the back. Its 48MP primary sensor has a pixel size of 1.6micron and supports Quad Pixel technology. It is joined by a portrait and a macro lens; both featuring 2MP sensors. For videos, it can capture 1080P footage at 60fps. Similarly, slow mode, timelapse, and hyper-lapse videos are also supported. The waterdrop style notch houses the 8MP front-facing camera.
Rest of the specs
Motorola is claiming a battery life of up to 2 days with the 5,000mAh battery. A 20W USB Type-C fast charger is also included in the box. However, the phone only supports 15W charging. The device features a hybrid dual SIM slot. For connectivity, G9 supports dual-band Wi-Fi ac, Bluetooth v5.0, and NFC.
Motorola Moto G9 Play Specifications:
- Body: 6.50 x 2.98 x 0.36 inches, 200 gm, Water-repellent design
- Display: 6.5-inches IPS LCD panel, 269PPI, 87% screen-to-body ratio
- Resolution: HD+ (1600 x 720 pixels), 20:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 (11nm Mobile Platform)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64/128GB internal storage (expandable up to 512GB)
- Software & UI: Android 10
- Rear Camera: Triple-camera;
– 48MP primary sensor with f/1.7 aperture, PDAF
– 2MP macro lens with f/2.4 aperture
– 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
– LED flash
- Front Camera: 8MP sensor with f/2.2 aperture
- Security: Physical fingerprint sensor (rear-mounted)
- Audio: 3.5mm headphone jack, loudspeaker
- Connectivity: Hybrid Dual-SIM (Nano), WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (dual-band), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS / AGPS / Glonass / Galileo / LTEPP / SUPL, USB Type-C, NFC, 4G LTE
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyro, Proximity, Ambient Light, Sar
- Battery: 5000mAh with 15W charging
- Colors: Forest Green, Sapphire Blue, Spring Pink
Motorola Moto G9 Play Price in Nepal and Availability
Motorola Nepal has launched the 4/128GB variant of Moto G9 Play for the price of NPR 19,990. You can buy Moto G9 Play in Nepal exclusively at Daraz.
|Smartphone Model||Price in Nepal||Availability|
|Motorola Moto G9 Play||NPR 19,990 (4/128GB)||Daraz|
- Check out our review of the Redmi 9 (Prime).