Oppo F5 launched in Nepal nearly a monthly ago. Since then the smartphone was available in the retail stores. However, the Oppo F5 accessible at the retail stores was in the 4GB RAM + 32GB ROM format. With a view of increasing the memory to store more of your data and to provide assists for the multitasking, Oppo had later brought another variant in Nepal, which came with 6GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. That variant, however, was available only in the Black color.
Now targeting the choosy customers, who prioritize smartphone’s color while buying a smartphone, Oppo has launched yet another variant of the Oppo F5. Amid the journalists and tech bloggers, Oppo took the wraps off of the Red Oppo F5 at Radisson Hotel Kathmandu. The new variant possesses 6GB of RAM coupled with 64GB of onboard storage and no new features except the color. The new Oppo F5 carries a price tag of Rs. 44,990, which is Rs. 11,000 more than the already existing 4GB/32GB variant.
Bragging about the AI-powered selfie-camera, Oppo F5 had been in the Nepali market. The smartphone was tagged with the price of Rs. 33,990 for the 4GB RAM + 32GB ROM variant. On the launch ceremony, the Oppo F5 officials discussed the possibility of the launch of 6GB/64GB variant. On the ceremony, the price mentioned for the premium variant was Rs. 36,990. However, contrary to what was promised, the pricing has been kept aggressively.
Also Read: OPPO Mobiles Price in Nepal (Updated)
For the price of the base variants, other smartphone brands are already providing 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. Xiaomi MI A1, Huawei Nova 2i, HTC Desire 10 Pro, Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, etc. can be taken be taken for an instant. If OnePlus 3 is taken into account, 6GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage is readily available for what Oppo F5 is charging for its base variant. So paying the price what Oppo F5 is demanding is evidently stupid.
Also Read: Top 10 Smartphones Under Rs. 40,000 in Nepal
You can get smartphones that provide superseding specs at the similar price tag. And as the matter of fact, the AI-powered selfie camera is just a gimmick here. The smartphone obliterates the facial details in the name of beautification. Furthermore, the smartphone is quite far off being the best camera smartphone at the price it demands since it lacks the Image Stabilization technology and 4K video recording. In addition, the performance of the camera is inconsistent, which is disappointing at times.
We will cover more on the Oppo F5 in our review, which is coming soon on our YouTube channel. So please subscribe to our YouTube channel, like our Facebook Page and follow us on Instagram if you have not done it already.
Oppo F5 Key Specs
- Display: 6.0 inches LTPS IPS LCD
- Resolution: 2160 x 1080 pixels, 18:9 aspect ratio, 402PPI pixel density
- OS: Android Nougat (v7.1.1) with ColorOS 3.2 UI on the top
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6763T Helio P23
- GPU: Mali-G71 MP2
- RAM: 4GB/6GB RAM
- Storage: 32GB/64GB internal storage, expandable up to 256GB (dedicated slot for microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 16MP, f/1.8, phase detection autofocus, LED flash
- Front Camera: 20MP, f/2.0, 1/2.8-inch sensor
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, A-GPS, USB-OTG, 3G, 4G LTE
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery: 3200mAh (non-removable)
- Colors: Black, Gold, Red (6GB variant only)
- Oppo F5 Price in Nepal: Rs. 33,990 (4GB/32GB)
- Oppo F5 Price in Nepal: Rs. 44,990 (6GB/64GB/Red color)