With cut-throat competition in the mid-range segment, no one will blame you if you have to think more than twice about all the available options. So, if you’re looking for the best phones under 40000 in Nepal, you are at luck. Considering the latest price and offers from the various brands, here’s our list of best midrange phones under Rs. 40000.
8. Vivo S1 Pro
“Fashionable” and “trendy” is the route Vivo takes in most of its phones, be it a midrange or a flagship phone. The Vivo S1 Pro is another good-looking phone with the good camera setup, though it skimps on performance (as usual).
Like its predecessor – Vivo S1, the Vivo S1 Pro also comes with a beautiful Super AMOLED display. This also has the same speedy optical fingerprint sensor which we loved on the Vivo S1. While everything else about the display is great, the Vivo S1 Pro, funnily enough, doesn’t come with any sort of Gorilla Glass protection.
Getting to the cameras, you get a 48MP primary sensor, an 8MP ultrawide sensor, a 2MP depth sensor, and finally a 2MP monochrome sensor at the back, inside a unique diamond-shaped cutout. The images, on the other hand, are inconsistent to put it gently. But the same cannot be said for the selfie cameras, as the 32MP front-facing camera is really good.
In terms of performance, it’s really not that great for the price tag the phone comes with but isn’t unbearably slow either. The Snapdragon 665 paired with 8GB of RAM is great for multitasking. Gaming in the low-mid settings is no problem either. However, a better chipset would’ve made all the difference.
Vivo S1 Pro Specifications:
- Display: 6.38-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ Super AMOLED
- Chipset: Snapdragon 665
- CPU: Octa-core (4 X 2GHz Kryo 260 + 4 X 1.8GHz Kryo 260)
- GPU: Adreno 610 GPU
- Memory: 8GB RAM with 128GB storage, expandable up to 256GB with MicroSD
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie with Funtouch OS 9.2
- SIM: Dual SIM
- Back Camera: 48MP primary sensor, f/1.78 aperture + 8MP 120° ultrawide sensor with f/2.2 aperture + 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture + 2MP monochrome sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- Front Camera: 32MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Security: In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 159.25 × 75.19 × 8.68 mm; Weight: 186.7g
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac dual-band, Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS, Type C-port, 3.5 mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Battery: 4500mAh with fast charging
- Price: Rs. 34,990 (8/128GB)
- Read the Review of Vivo S1 Pro here
7. Redmi Note 8 Pro
Having come in as a successor to the highly admirable Redmi Note 7 Pro, the Note 8 Pro had big shoes to fill into. And it did not disappoint at all. The device was launched at a very competitive price and its specs are something to reckon with. Thus, it comes in the fifth position in our ranking.
Design-wise it is considered as the best in the Redmi Note lineup. It is thicker than the Redmi Note 7 Pro, but believe me, you’ll get used to it. As for the camera, it has a quad-cam setup on the back. It includes a 64MP primary lens, an 8MP ultra-wide lens, a 2MP depth sensor, and a 2MP macro lens. Upfront it has a 20MP selfie shooter.
Display and camera aside, the most enticing feature of the Redmi Note 8 Pro is certainly its performance. Backed up by the Helio G90T chipset, the device is the perfect mid-range gaming smartphone. The chipset was launched as the first gaming chipset from MediaTek and to my surprise, it did not disappoint at all. The most surprising part here was that there were no heating issues either. Furthermore, it is capable of multitasking pretty smoothly. Performance-wise this device is a beast.
Redmi Note 8 Pro Specifications:
- Display: 6.53-inch IPS LCD screen, Full HD+ (2340×1080 pixels), 19.5:9 aspect ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection (front and back)
- Rear Camera: Quad camera – (64 MP, f/1.8, Dual Pixel PDAF) + (8 MP, f/2.2 (wide-angle) + (2 MP, f/2.4, macro lens) + (2MP, f/2.4, portrait lens)
- Front Camera: 20 MP, f/2.2
- CPU: Helio G90T (2 x 2.27GHz Cortex A76 + 6 x 1.7GHz Cortex A55)
- GPU: Mali G76
- RAM: 6GB, 8 GB
- Storage: 64 GB, 128GB; Expandable
- OS & UI: Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10 on top
- Sensors: Fingerprint, Gyro, accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery: 4500 mAh; USB Type-C port, 18W fast charging
- Price: Rs. 32,999 (8/128GB)
- Read the Review of Note 8 Pro here
6. OPPO F15
Just when we thought OPPO had scrapped its ‘F’-lineups of phones for good, the company surprised us all with the release of the new OPPO F15. Flaunting a trendy design as usual, the phone features a stunning AMOLED display, a quad-camera setup at the back, and an undeserving chipset.
Let’s briefly talk about the cameras first. All arranged vertically at the back, you get a total of 4 rear cameras. There’s a 48MP primary lens, accompanied by an 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens, a 2MP B/W monochrome sensor, and finally a 2MP depth sensor. For selfies, the 16MP front-facing camera is placed inside a small waterdrop notch.
The display, on the other hand, is a 6.4-inches FHD+ AMOLED panel, that also has an optical in-display fingerprint sensor. OPPO claims the Fingerprint Scanner 3.0 can unlock the phone in just 0.32 seconds. And in our brief hands-on time with the device, the sensor felt quite fast!
In terms of performance, the OPPO F15 is powered by the Helio P70 chipset, which is coupled with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage. Power-wise, the phone gets its juice from the 4000mAh battery, which supports 20W VOOC 3.0 Fast Charging.
OPPO F15 Specifications:
- Display: 6.4″ AMOLED display with Full HD+ resolution (1080 x 2400 pixels)
- Rear Camera: Quad, 48 MP primary lens with f/1.8 aperture & PDAF + 8 MP Ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.3 aperture 2MP B/W sensor with f/2.4 aperture + 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- Front Camera: 16MP with f/2.0 aperture
- Chipset: Helio P70
- Processor: Octa-core 12 nm MediaTek Helio P70
- GPU: Mali-G72
- RAM: 8 GB
- Storage: 128 GB onboard, expandable via microSD card slot (dedicated)
- Battery: 4000mAh, 20-W Fast Charging
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Colors: Lightening Black, Unicorn White
- Price: Rs. 39,990 (8/128GB)
5. Samsung Galaxy A50s
Galaxy A50 was Samsung’s best-selling phone of 2019. The phone had packed amazing specifications, because of which, the phone was well received in the market. And the new Galaxy A50s is the refreshed version of the Galaxy A50 with some few updates.
Just like Galaxy A50, the A50s also comes with a 6.4-inch FullHD+ Super AMOLED display with a U-shaped notch on the top. So you won’t notice any difference between the A50 and A50s. However, the fingerprint scanner, which comes beneath the display is slightly faster on the A50s.
As for the cameras, you get three snappers at the back: a wide-angle, an ultra-wide-angle, and a depth sensor. But unlike the A50, which had a 25MP main camera, you get a 48MP primary shooter on the A50s. Even when it comes to selfies, the A50s does a better job. It tries to replicate true color tones in the images and the face doesn’t look smoothened like that on the A50.
On the performance front, it comes with the Exynos 9611 chipset paired with 6GB of RAM. Its performance is not top class, but it can run high-end games like PUBG at high settings. So there is nothing to worry about that part. Plus the phone has an enduring battery life with a 15-watt fast charging.
Samsung Galaxy A50s Specifications:
- Display: 6.4-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ Infinity-U Super AMOLED display
- Chipset: Exynos 9611
- CPU: Octa-Core (Quad 2.3GHz + Quad 1.7GHz)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3 GPU
- RAM & Storage: 6GB RAM with
- Memory: 128GB internal storage, expandable up to 512GB via micro SD card
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie) with One UI
- Back Camera: 48MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, 5MP depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 8MP ultra-wide-angle camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Front Camera: 32MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery: 4000mAh battery with 15W fast charging
- Price: Rs. 33,599 (6/128GB)
- Read the Review of Galaxy A50s here
4. Samsung Galaxy A51
Samsung hopped into the youth-centric smartphone market in 2020 with the launch of the Galaxy A51. The design of the phone is as trendy, as trendy can get. It has a very similar look to the company’s premium Galaxy S20 series of phones. Minimal bezels all around, a small punch-hole cutout for the selfie camera, and a new camera arrangement – suffice to say, the Galaxy A51 is one good-looking phone.
In terms of display, there’s a big 6.5” Super AMOLED panel with the Infinity-O cutout for the 32MP front camera. It also has an optical fingerprint scanner, which isn’t the fastest one we’ve used but gets the job done anyway. Samsung has been hesitant to make a chipset-upgrade this time too, as the Galaxy A51 comes with the same Exynos 9611 we saw on the Galaxy A50s. But what has improved (by a lot), are the cameras.
The phone has a 48MP primary shooter, a 5MP macro lens, a 12MP wide-angle lens, and finally a 5MP depth sensor. And in our review of the device, the camera performance wowed us. Almost every single lens on the Galaxy A51 does a fine job of clicking visually stunning images. As a result, this is one of the top mid-range camera phones we’ve seen in a while.
Samsung Galaxy A51 Specifications:
- Body: 6.24 x 2.90 x 0.31 inches; 172 gm
- Display: 6.5-inches “Infinity-O” Super AMOLED panel
- Resolution: Full-HD+ (2400 x 1080 pixels); 20:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: Exynos 9611; 10nm Mobile Platform
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.7 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- RAM: 6GB
- Storage: 128GB (expandable up to 512GB via a microSD card)
- Software & UI: Android 10 with Samsung’s One UI 2.0 on top
- Rear Camera: Quad-camera;
– 48 MP, f/2.0 primary shooter
– 5MP, f/2.4 macro lens
– 12MP, f/2.2 super wide-angle lens
– 5MP, f/2.2 depth sensor
– Single LED flash
- Front Camera: 32MP, f/2.2 aperture
- Security: Optical Fingerprint-Scanner
- Audio: 3.5mm headphone jack
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM (Nano), MicroSD card, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/AGPS/GLONASS/Galileo/BDS, USB Type-C
- Battery: 4000 mAh with 15W Quick Charge
- Colors Available: Prism Crush Black, Prism Crush White, Prism Crush Blue
- Price: Rs. 38,399 (6/128GB)
3. Samsung Galaxy A70
With all the new smartphone releases, the price of the old ones gets discounted. And that’s good news. One of those phones is the Samsung Galaxy A70, which was a terrific phone, and still is. With its big vibrant screen, great cameras, and a well-enough performance, the Galaxy A70 is still worth buying in this day and age.
Let’s talk about the display first. It has a tall 6.7-inches Super AMOLED panel with FHD+ resolution in a 20:9 aspect ratio. With that, watching videos and such is bliss on this device. It also comes with an optical in-display fingerprint scanner, although it’s not as fast as Samsung’s flagship devices.
Moving on, the camera setup on this phone isn’t any bad either. You get a 32MP primary lens, a 5MP depth sensor, and an 8MP wide-angle lens. Here, the images produced have good close-to-natural colors, though the dynamic range isn’t that great. The images from the depth sensor and the wide-angle lens are good too. For selfies, there’s a 32MP sensor as well. Samsung Galaxy A70 also received an update for “Super Steady Video Stabilization”, which is another cool feature to have.
In terms of performance, the phone is powered by Snapdragon 675 accompanied by 6GB of RAM and 128GB of expandable storage. Moreover, you get a big 4500mAh battery that will last you for a full day on heavy usage.
Samsung Galaxy A70 Specifications:
- Display: 6.7-inch Super AMOLED display, FHD+ resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio
- Rear Camera: Triple cameras – 32 MP primary camera, f/1.7 + 5 MP depth sensor, f/2.2 + 8 MP wide-angle lens, LED flash
- Front Camera: 32 MP, f/2.0
- OS: Android v9.0 Pie
- CPU: Octa-core 2.0 GHz (Snapdragon 675)
- RAM: 6 GB DDR4
- Storage: 128 GB internal, expandable via microSD card slot up to 512GB
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Connectivity: Dual SIM (nano + nano), Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- Battery: 4,500mAh with 25W Fast Charging
- Price: Rs. 40,799* (6/128GB) [available for Rs. 40,000 or less]
- Read the Review of Galaxy A70 here
2. Xiaomi Redmi K20
The Xiaomi Redmi K20 is the toned-down version of the Redmi K20 Pro. And like the Pro variant, it also comes with some high-end features. For a phone under 40000, it flaunts a flagship-level design. You get a glass-metal sandwiched design and feels premium on the hands.
The phone is powered by Snapdragon 730 chipset, which is still one of the fastest midrange chipsets in 2020. Aided with a 6GB RAM and 128GB storage, you can not just play graphics-enriched games in high settings but can also multitask between a number of apps pretty smoothly.
There is a cluster of three cameras on the back – a 48MP primary Sony IMX 582 sensor, a 13MP ultra-wide-angle lens, and an 8MP telephoto lens. The inclusion of a telephoto lens has made the K20 versatile than its competitors.
Talking about the image quality, the images from the primary cameras looks sharp with a sufficient amount of details. However, they tend to look oversaturated at times. The telephoto shooter is also an amazing performer when it comes to details but sometimes images contain quite a lot of noise, though the ultra-wide-angle images are impressive.
As for the selfies, you get a 20MP pop-up front shooter that captures amazing selfies. But the motorized modules is rather slower than the competitors. It also retracts slowly. So if the smartphone falls while taking selfies, there are high chances that you will damage the motorized module. Fueling the phone is a 4000mAh battery with 18-watt fast charging support.
Xiaomi Redmi K20 Specifications:
- Display: 6.39-inch Super AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Resolution: Full-HD+ (2340×1080 pixels), 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 730
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 470 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 470 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 618
- RAM: 6GB
- Storage: 128GB; No SD Card slot for memory expansion
- OS & UI: Android Pie (v9.0) with MIUI 10 on the top
- Rear Camera: (48 MP f/1.8, wide-angle camera) + (8MP, f/2.4, telephoto camera, 2x optical zoom) + (13MP, f/2.4, ultra-wide-angle camera), Dual-LED flash
- Front Camera: 20MP motorized pop-up selfie camera, f/2.2
- Battery: 4000mAh battery with 18-watt fast charging support
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n, WiFi Direct, Hotspot, Bluetooth 5.0, 3.5mm headphone jack, USB Type-C, USB OTG support
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under-display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Price: Rs. 39,999 (6/128GB)
1. Realme X2
The top spot right now goes to the Realme X2. It comes as a successor to the Realme X. Now, despite arriving in our market quite late, people were excited to see this phone nonetheless. Upfront it has a 6.4-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED display with a waterdrop notch. And as with smartphones with AMOLED display, it too has an in-display fingerprint sensor.
The display is well and truly built for a great viewing experience. Peak brightness level here is 418nits. Now, I know that’s not that great, but indoors the display is as good as it gets. Camera-wise, it has a quad-cam setup on the back. The primary lens is a 64MP Samsung ISOCELL GW1 sensor. The rest of the camera array is completed by an 8MP ultra-wide lens, a 2MP macro lens, and a 2MP depth sensor. And a 32MP selfie shooter is housed inside the waterdrop notch.
Moreover, under the hood, it has one of the best mid-range chipsets out there. It uses Snapdragon 730G as opposed to K20 Pro’s Snapdragon 730. Thus, it is more powerful. It is powered by a huge 4000mAh battery. Furthermore, the Realme X2 supports 30W fast charging and it also features an NFC chip.
Realme X2 Specifications:
- Display: 6.4″ Super AMOLED display resolution 1080 x 2340pixels
- Rear Camera: Quad, 64 MP primary lens with f/1.7 aperture + 8 MP Ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.3 aperture + 2 MP dedicated macro with f/2.4 aperture + 2 MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- Front Camera: 32 MP with f/2.0 aperture
- CPU: Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G
- GPU: Adreno 618
- RAM: 6/8GB
- Storage: 64/128GB
- Battery: 4000 mAh, 30W Fast Charging
- Sensors: Fingerprint (in-display), accelerometer, gyro, compass, proximity
- Price: Rs. 35,990 (8/128GB)
- Read the Review of Realme X2 here
Summary list of best Mobile Phones under 40000 in Nepal (June 2020)
|S. No.||Best phones under 40000 in Nepal||Price|
|1||Realme X2 (8/128GB)||Rs. 35,990|
|2||Xiaomi Redmi K20 (6/128GB)||Rs. 39,999|
|3||Samsung Galaxy A70 (6/128GB)||Rs. 40,799*|
|4||Samsung Galaxy A51 (6/128GB)||Rs. 38,399|
|5||Samsung Galaxy A50s (6/128GB)||Rs. 33,599|
|6||OPPO F15 (8/128GB)||Rs. 39,990|
|7||Redmi Note 8 Pro (8/128GB)||Rs. 32,999|
|8||Vivo S1 Pro (8/128GB)||Rs. 34,990|
You might also like:
|Best Mobile Phones Under Rs. 10,000||Best Mobile Phones Under Rs. 15,000||Best Mobile Phones Under Rs. 20,000|
|Best Mobile Phones Under Rs. 30,000||Best Mobile Phones Under Rs. 50,000||Best Mobile Phones to Buy in Nepal|
Do you agree with our choice of the best smartphones below Rs.40,000 in Nepal, or do you want to add something to the list? Have your say in the comments section.