POCO F5 is finally here. Alongside its “Pro” sibling, the phone has officially made its debut in India. And it brings a bunch of highlighting features like the new Snapdragon 7+ Gen 2 chip, a 12-bit AMOLED display, and more. So let’s discuss all about the new POCO F5, alongside its features, specs, expected price in Nepal, availability, and more.
POCO F5 Overview:
Before moving forward, you should know that the POCO F5 is simply a rebranded Redmi Note 12 Turbo, which is a China-exclusive phone.
As I mentioned above, this phone brings Snapdragon 7+ Gen 2 (4nm) chip onboard. And compared to Snapdragon 870 on last year’s POCO F4, this is a significant performance boost. For starters, despite being part of the Snapdragon 7 series, the 7+ Gen 2’s core architecture is comparable to the Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1. But with slightly underclocked Cortex-X2 and Cortex-A710 cores.
The chip boasts a similar “1+3+4” CPU cluster, consisting of one Cortex-X2 (@2.91 GHz), three Cortex-A710 (@2.49 GHz), and four Cortex-A510 (1.8 GHz) cores. Whereas handling the graphics side of things is Adreno 725 GPU, compared to Adreno 730 on the 8+ Gen 1.
Furthermore, POCO F5 ships with 8/12GB of LPDDR5 RAM and 256GB of UFS 3.1 storage. And in terms of software, it boots on Android 13 with MIUI 14 for POCO out of the box. POCO has committed to 2 years of OS and 3 years of security updates for this phone. To keep things nice and cool, POCO has used a 3725m² vapor chamber cooling system alongside 14 graphite layers.
- Also read:
- POCO Mobile Price in Nepal [Updated]
- POCO F5 Pro goes official with Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1, QHD AMOLED display
- POCO X5 Pro with Snapdragon 778G, AMOLED display launched in Nepal
- POCO C51 goes official with Helio G36, 5000mAh battery
Besides the chipset upgrade, there are some substantial changes in the display department as well. POCO F5 sports a 6.67″ 12-bit AMOLED panel with a 120Hz refresh rate and 240Hz touch sampling rate. Furthermore, this FHD+ screen also flaunts impressively thin bezels on all four sides.
Protected by Gorilla Glass 5, POCO says this display has 1,000 nits of max brightness and 1,920Hz PWM dimming too. And to enhance your media consumption experience, it supports HDR10+ and Dolby Vision. There’s also something called “Adaptive HDR” that adjusts HDR videos based on ambient lighting conditions.
In terms of cameras, POCO F5 gets a triple sensor setup at the back. This includes a 64MP main camera with OIS, an 8MP ultrawide, and a 2MP macro shooter. The selfie camera is a 16MP unit, housed inside the hole-punch cutout.
Rest of the specs
POCO F5 gets its juice from a 5000mAh battery that supports 67W fast charging. And the company ships a compatible power adapter inside the box itself. For security, there’s a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, while the phone also has an IR blaster and a 3.5mm headphone jack. Wireless connectivity options for the POCO F5 include WiFi 6E, Bluetooth 5.3, and NFC. The phone is available in Carbon Black, Snowstorm White, and Electric Blue color options.
POCO F5 Specifications:
- Body: 161.11 x 74.95 x 7.9mm, 181 gm
- Display: 6.67″ 12-bit AMOLED, FHD+, 120Hz refresh rate, 1,000 nits peak brightness, Gorilla Glass 5
- Other Properties: HDR10+, Dolby Vision, 1920Hz PWM dimming
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 7+ Gen 2 5G (4nm)
- Memory: 8/128GB LPDDR5 RAM, 256GB UFS 3.1 storage (fixed)
- OS: Android 13 with MIUI 14 for POCO on top
- Rear Cameras: Triple (with LED flash);– 64MP f/1.79 primary sensor, OIS– 8MP f/2.2 ultrawide sensor, 119° FoV
– 2MP f/2.4 macro sensor
- Front Camera: 16MP f/2.45 (hole-punch cutout)
- Battery: 5000mAh with 67W wired charging
- Security: Fingerprint sensor (side-mounted)
POCO F5 Price in Nepal and Availability
In India, POCO F5 will go on sale from May 16 at INR 29,999 and INR 33,999 for the 8/256GB and the 12/256GB variant, respectively. ICICI Bank card holders can get an additional INR 3,000 off during the first sale. We expect the POCO F5 price in Nepal to start at NPR 52,999 if and when it launches here.
|POCO F5||Price in India||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|8/256GB||INR 29,999||NPR 52,999|
|12/256GB||INR 33,999||NPR 59,999|
- Check out our POCO F5 review